Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-23-2024, 01:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Decision
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-20-2014, 04:43 PM

The last time we spoke I told you about my upbringing, about my family, and about the events that unexpectedly led me to Sebastian Duke, the man who would become my mentor, my Master. I suppose it’s possible that after everything I shared with you that you would draw the conclusion that my final actions against my father were the result of me extracting some sort of revenge against the man who’s years of sexual abuse lead to the suicide of my sister. But you would be wrong. In fact what I did, I did not do for my sister, or for my mother, or even for me. What I did, I did for a complete stranger.

One of the things I told you was that after my mother made the courageous decision to leave my father I decided to keep tabs on the man who ruined our family. Of course I didn’t start my little detective work right away. I waited a few years and then spent countless hours researching my Father on the internet. He was a fairly well known Investment Banker so the information on the net was plentiful. The man was doing very well for himself. Investment Banker of the Year, left his former employer Reynolds, Kelly and McDonald to form his own firm, Martin, Day and Hawkes. My fathers estimated worth was in excess of 100 million dollars at the time of his firm’s founding. Like I said, he was doing very well for himself. Something else I stumbled upon during my research was a wedding announcement. It seems as though my father found another woman to pull into his web of deceit. Apparently they married 3 years ago and one year after that they welcomed a baby girl into the world. Her name was Virginia. And she was technically my half sister. And she had been unknowingly born into a world she did not deserve.

It took a little more creative work than I had expected as my father’s new address was unlisted in the New York Phone Directory but in this age of technology, no piece of information, no matter how small is unobtainable. As it turns out my father and his new family live in the town next to the one I grew up in. My father was a man of routine, he did not like to leave his comfort zone so finding out he didn’t more far from our old home is not surprising in the least. Once I obtained the address I decided to take a visit and see if my father was enjoying his new life with his new family.

November 9, 2013 – 8:15AM EST - 112813 Crown Drive, Staten Island, New York

The house is certainly not lacking in modesty. It’s an off white, with dark blue shutters on the windows, oh which there must be at least a dozen on the front of the house alone. A two car garage is attached to the left hand side of the home. Although the front of the house has more windows than any home should, from my vantage point there isn’t a whole lot I can see, so instead I decide to slowly make my way around the side of the house, being careful to not draw the attention of any neighbors or potential family pets. As I made my way around to the back I was able to get a glance of my father’s new happy family. The woman was very beautiful, I can easily see why my father picked her. All three members of the family are currently seated at the breakfast table. My father is drinking what I assume to be coffee and skimming the newspaper, his new wife is trying to feed their daughter. Looking at the young girl, her innocence radiating from her little laugh it was at that moment that I made the decision to spare her from her our father’s abuse. I wasn’t old enough, wasn’t big enough, wasn’t strong enough to save Ellie. I will not make that mistake again. I can’t. A young girl’s life depends on it.

November 11, 2013 – 7:10PM EST - Manhattan, New York City

Now that the decision has been made on what I must do it’s a matter of figuring out how I am going to do it. How, when and where, all questions that need answering before a young girl is freed from a life of physical and mental torture at the hands of a monster.

After spending a few days tailing him, both to and from his place of business I decide that making any sort of move then is out of the question. Too many witnesses and too many potential wildcards, so the commute is a no go. How about while he is at the office? My notes turn up nothing fruitful there. No routines to speak of like coffee breaks or smoke breaks or anything of that nature. He parks his car in a parking garage attached to his office but there are security camera’s everywhere, I could risk it but something about doing it there just doesn’t feel right.

I could do it at the house, during the night. But exposing his wife, and potentially his daughter to that kind of horror would make me no better than the dog I am trying to put down. So the house is out. Even if no one else was home but my father I run the risk of his wife and daughter coming home and discovering the body. When I was younger my father used to take a jog every morning for a few miles. However, from what I can tell that no longer happens. This is going to be much harder than I had originally anticipated. Though, if this sort of thing were really that easy I suppose it would happen more often.

I have one last possibility but it will require some patience and a whole lot of luck as well as the help of someone I have not spoken to in several years. Reaching down into my right pant pocket I pull out my cell phone, a blue Samsung Galaxy S4. I scroll through my contacts until I come across the right one “Nightfall” is the name. I hit the green icon in the shape of a phone receiver and after several rings “Nightfall” picks up.

NIGHTFALL:“Speak.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”Nightfall it’s Eric Nigel Martin. I need your assistance. Can we meet?”

NIGHTFALL:”The usual location. Two hours.”

Nightfall, real name Davis Jennings is someone I grew up with. We were never really close but we did hang out from time to time. Once I discovered the type of person my father was I found any excuse to get out of the house. Davis was a bit of an introvert. In fact he kept to himself completely. Davis and I were assigned to work on a project together in Computer’s Class during our freshmen year of high school and it was there that I discovered Davis’s secret talent. Hacking. While we were supposed to be working on a project Davis was hacking into the school’s records and changing grades. But not his own, no that was too easy. Instead he was changing the grades of what seemed like random classmates but in reality, as I would come to find out later were actually all the people that had teased or bullied Davis during his life. Unfortunately for Davis, it was a long list of people. By our sophomore year Davis was hacking into everything short of the FBI’s mainframe. I always figured by the time he got to 25 he would have been caught at least a half dozen times but so far he has managed to stay under the radar, which is fortunate for me because I really need his help.

November 11, 2013 – 9:10PM EST – AL’S PIZZA AND SUBS - Brooklyn, New York

Of course I arrived first, I picked the seat furtherst from the front but also with the best view of the front door. This way Davis, Nightfall could see me as soon as he walked into the place and not have to look around awkwardly. While Davis and I are both several years older, he is still the introvert I knew in high school. Basically Davis is afraid of his shadow. But, he answered my call, and now he is walking through the doorway. He spots me, puts his head down and as casually as he can, walks over to the table. Generally in cases like these where I am meeting someone I would get up to greet them but Davis is a creature of habit and in his mind such an act would only draw attention to us, and attention is bad. So instead I let Nightfall just sit down. We don’t speak until he is ready.

NIGHTFALL:”So what do you need?”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”I need you to access a company’s secured information. Specifically, I want ongoing access to a certain person’s Outlook, their emails, their calendar, all of it.”

NIGHTFALL:”What company? Who is the target?”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”The company is Martin, Day and Hawkes. The target is my father.”

NIGHTFALL:”Easy. But I do have one question. Are you sure you want to do this? I thought you put that part of you in the rear view?”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”I did. But there is something I need to take care of before I can leave it there. Will you help me?”

NIGHTFALL:”Obviously. I’ll call you tomorrow and let you know what I’ve come up with.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”Thank you. You don’t know how much I appreciate it.”

NIGHTFALL:”Trust me. I do. For 2 years you were the only person in high school that would talk to me that wasn’t at the same time making fun of me. It’s I who owes you. Consider this my thank you.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”Thanks Davis.”

NIGHTFALL:”Damn it dude. It’s Nightfall. You know this.”

ERIC NIGEL MARTIN:”Sorry. Well thanks again. I will wait to hear from you tomorrow.”

Nightfall was the first to get up from the table. He lowered his baseball cap, a black New York Mets hat and walks back out of the place as awkwardly as he entered it. A few minutes later I get up and exit the establishment as well. The place is only a few blocks away from where my mother and I live. It takes me about 15 minutes to get home. The elevator is still broken so it’s up 6 flights of stairs and down the dark hallway to room 6J. I open the door, my mother is still at work. I pop by the fridge, grab a soda and head to my room. Nightfall is doing me a huge favor, and now, I wait for him to call.

Fade to Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like The Enigma's post:
(02-23-2014), Ezekiel Carter-Williams V (02-20-2014), Kristy Jackson (02-20-2014), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (02-21-2014), Theo Pryce (02-20-2014)