Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-28-2024, 04:49 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In Memoriam
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-27-2013, 01:15 PM

I haven't been around much lately... but I sympathize.

My mother is in stage 4 kidney failure due to diabetes complications. She has a laundry list of ailments and is on her way out, about to start dialysis. With diabetes, odds aren't good for her. She had a heart attack a year ago and has congenital heart issues. My mother has fought for 25 years as well against diabetes, heart failure and kidney issues.

There are no words to help assuage a grief like this so I won't attempt to give platitudes or whatnot.

I understand your grief.

It saddens me.

I hope you have a strong support system to help you. You're a good guy and judging by the product, I'd gamble your grandmother was a pretty good person herself.

This really, really hits home for me because I know the struggle you've been going through and I fear the very day I might make a post similar to this one. I know that day isn't far away...

And on a poetical note, it's a bit out of context, but the words in my banner really ring true.

Death never has dominion.

Disregarding personal opinions of an afterlife, a life well-lived is one defined by the magnitude of grief left in it's absence. I think that's a good measuring stick on a real and gritty level. Love is truly an eternal thing - may change names, lives or faces but it's something integral to who and what we are. Your memories truly are a foster home now. Go over each one of her slowly, solidify it and keep it sturdy. The crisper you remember her the longer she'll stay with you in more vivid memory. Regardless, I'm sure she'll always live through you. That's the great thing about legacy.

Good people leave legacies.

And I can't think of a greater legacy then that of being one whom offered uncoditional love.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like C Y R E N's post:
(02-27-2013), Angelus (02-27-2013)

Messages In This Thread
In Memoriam - by Sebastian Duke - 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
In Memoriam - by Crimson Cobra - 02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
In Memoriam - by Carver's Sheath - 02-25-2013, 03:52 AM
In Memoriam - by KnightMask - 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: In Memoriam - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 02-26-2013, 04:58 AM
In Memoriam - by C Y R E N - 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
In Memoriam - by Sebastian Duke - 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
In Memoriam - by KnightMask - 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM