Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 07:24 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! 2014G (bluegreenish) layout bugs list; REPORT HERE!!!
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-08-2014, 10:24 AM

Today I am working on fixing all of the unpleasant cosmetic errors on the 2014G layout.

What I'd like is for you, no matter HOW SMALL the error may be, to report anything you see here in this thread! If you notice a piece of text is even SLIGHTLY off center or somewhere it shouldn't be... I want to know about it.

Currently progress:
4. Removing the VERY ANNOYING "mini titles" that are getting written on EVERY single post right above where the post content itself begins; those will be gone DONE
5. Rearranging the order of the "buttons" under a received PM, because the "reply" button should not be surrounded by other buttons so closely. Similar button formatting may be done to actual posts as well when we add the Like/Hate buttons DONE
1. The gray links at the top of every page are slightly confusing (the ones that say portal, calendar, etc) and will be adjusted to give you the SAME options our old navigational links gave with the more familiar namesDONE
1. Aligning the Multi-Login links to not be jumbled with the Today's Post area DONE!
2. Resizing the text box that you type into when you create a new post, new reply, or new/reply PM. The area you type in seems to be all over the fucking place on some pages and I'm working through them one by one. So far the NEW THREAD page should look fine but all other pages that involve you typing into a large text box are probably off center or jumbled. DONE!
3. The Upcoming Events section needs to be restored to somewhere in the top half of the Index for easy viewingDONE
- The index page shows a spot for "posts" and "threads" on every single section and is taking up way more space than need be for the information it delivers. The amount of posts/threads will either be condensed or removed completely so there is more room for the name and descriptions of those sections.DONE
- The formatting of the roster subforums in the Roster cluster on our Index pageDONE

If anybody experiences any issues with anything above, let me know ASAP. I believe I've found all the areas where the text boxes were scrunched up and broken. Now, all text boxes should fit on screen better AND be able to be adjusted by your mouse if you use the little resizer corner that most browsers display in the lower right corner of the text box.

Next in line/already aware of:
- The list of champions needs to be restored, and so does the list of past SOTM as well as the soon to be announced SOTM for January
- The dark, shadowy graphic near the top of the index (the background of the user login info) will be changed to something more fitting for an e-fed

So, what else are you guys noticing? I WANT you to be picky and look at this like a perfectionist. I hope to have every single error/glitch taken care of on this 2014G layout by the end of the day today and that means I want to hear about EVERYTHING you see wrong... EVEN if it's just a request!!!

And... go! Let's hear them!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-08-2014, 10:31 AM

Also, I am open to suggestions about link color. Right now the links seem to mostly be a similar gray to normal text, so I'm considering making them a standout color. If you remember, our old boards had a grayish text with links sort of a cyan color... what do you guys think would be a good color for ALL links? It's got to be something you like because EVERY link, post, etc... will become that color just like the old boards had cyan for all links.

I was thinking some kind of gold shade that isn't too yellowish. Then again, a bright yellow might stand out and go well with these colors. I'm open to suggestions. While links may seem like a minor issue, they're a major one because they give off that first impression to a new visitor as well.. if our links are ugly, hard on the eyes, or hard to identify from normal text... we have a problem.

Hate Post Like Post
Wyatt Reynolds Offline
In Wyatt We Trust

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

02-08-2014, 03:21 PM

Where dem like and hate options?

WIN-LOSS-DRAW
10-4-1
[Image: CB9gLKY.jpg]
Longest Reigning XWF Confederate Champion

[Image: f2Yls2a.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-08-2014, 03:51 PM

They be comin...

Hate Post Like Post
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

02-08-2014, 05:20 PM

In the header instead of having Eli and Jessie I think you should have all champions. Just a suggestion

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Liz Hathaway's post:
John Samuels (02-09-2014)
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-08-2014, 05:21 PM

(02-08-2014, 05:20 PM)Liz Hathaway Said: In the header instead of having Eli and Jessie I think you should have all champions. Just a suggestion

I disagree because I feel special with this banner, lol.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Jessie-ica Diaz's post:
Andrew Morrison (02-08-2014), Liz Hathaway (02-08-2014)
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

02-08-2014, 05:23 PM

You see I would like your last post, but you see, the way things are set .. up

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Liz Hathaway's post:
(02-08-2014)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-08-2014, 06:04 PM

so the thank u is now the like button? i can dig it though i miss the like/dislike buttons

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Liz Hathaway (02-08-2014)
Mr. Radio Offline
Best in the Multiverse!

XWF FanBase:

02-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Why is it Eli and Jessie may I ask? The champions would make more sense.

[Image: tumblr_mo8afmAXfD1rregw1o1_500.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-08-2014, 07:47 PM

(02-08-2014, 07:46 PM)Mr. Radio Said: Why is it Eli and Jessie may I ask? The champions would make more sense.

Because science.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Jessie-ica Diaz's post:
Andrew Morrison (02-08-2014), Liz Hathaway (02-08-2014)
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

02-08-2014, 07:52 PM

If it were me, I would put as many of the current superstars as I could, almost like a Royal Rumble-like graphic. But otherwise, I do like the idea of Eli and the champs. And technically, Jessie does count as a champ. And I love seeing Hayley Williams any chance I get so I don't mind her inclusion lol.

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Jessie is a champion last time I checked. And Eli won a championship not too long ago, not like he's a stranger to gold.

I still have some things I want to add to it, but wanted to get an early version up.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Andrew Morrison (02-08-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-08-2014, 08:51 PM

I miss when I was there. :'( Y u no make me bordz?

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frodo mother fucking Smackins's post:
(02-08-2014)
The Linguist Offline
Linguini Maximus Isaac

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

02-09-2014, 02:45 AM

...Actually reporting something here, lol.

I went to reply to Tommy Wish's pin attempt, but when I tried pressing 'Preview' or 'Reply', it pops up with a message telling me I need to put something in the 'subject field'. I know what it means, but there is no subject field. At least not for me anyway.

Could you fix this so I can defend my title? lol

My Record:
4-0-1

W-D-L

Looking to win the Nuclear Winter Series
1x Ark of the Covenant Champion
[Image: W3lLgYF.jpg]

Banner made by Dr. Zero.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Linguist's post:
(02-09-2014)
Wyatt Reynolds Offline
In Wyatt We Trust

XWF FanBase:

02-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Just a suggestion. What if you created an Archive forum at placed that down at the bottom. Then placed all of the past event archives inside that. In my opinion, it'd give the main forum a cleaner, more condensed look.

WIN-LOSS-DRAW
10-4-1
[Image: CB9gLKY.jpg]
Longest Reigning XWF Confederate Champion

[Image: f2Yls2a.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wyatt Reynolds's post:
(02-09-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-09-2014, 08:54 AM

(02-09-2014, 02:45 AM)The Linguist Said: ...Actually reporting something here, lol.

I went to reply to Tommy Wish's pin attempt, but when I tried pressing 'Preview' or 'Reply', it pops up with a message telling me I need to put something in the 'subject field'. I know what it means, but there is no subject field. At least not for me anyway.

I'll look into this and report back here when it's fixed. Thanks!

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-09-2014, 09:17 AM

(02-09-2014, 02:45 AM)The Linguist Said: ...Actually reporting something here, lol.

Try it now.

(02-09-2014, 08:46 AM)Wyatt Reynolds Said: Just a suggestion. What if you created an Archive forum at placed that down at the bottom. Then placed all of the past event archives inside that. In my opinion, it'd give the main forum a cleaner, more condensed look.

Yup I will be doing something along those lines.

Hate Post Like Post
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:

02-09-2014, 10:46 PM

I don't know if it's me or what, but my RPs are getting cut off on the sides. I know that happens if you have too long of
a text without a space, but I've gone through
and when a word is too close to the end of the box erased the space and hit
enter, and it still happens. Sad No one can read how good my stuff is.

Edit: Did it here.

Hate Post Like Post
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:

02-09-2014, 11:18 PM

Apparently I accidentally switched to the classic, and this only happens on classic.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Looks like the sig banner resizer is no longer shrinking sig width to be within the requirements of the board so people with larger (wider) pictures in their sigs are actually stretching the board out of place.

Will add this to today's list to fix. Thanks for the heads up!

PS: Do not change your sigs. I'm going to use the larger ones as a reference point to go back to when I add the fix.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-10-2014, 10:56 AM

The issue Frodo reported should now be fixed on both layouts, including both classic and standard thread view. Let me know if I am wrong on that and please include which layout/viewing settings you were using at the time of the error.

Hate Post Like Post