Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-03-2024, 12:48 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fun Facts: Did You Know
Atomsk Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-13-2014, 01:22 PM

(08-13-2014, 10:45 AM)Blizzard Said: Here are some more based on what I've seen other people write:

I am an atheist. I am also Libertarian, bordering on ancap. I've self-taught myself HTML, some CSS, Excel (and the whole Microsoft Suite), Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, Vegas, Photoshop, and some Flash/Illustrator. My favorite television shows of all time are The Wire, Breaking Bad, Eastbound and Down, and Always Sunny. My favorite movie directors are PT Anderson, David Fincher, and Wes Anderson. I'm a complete introvert and have no problem shutting myself into my apartment for days or weeks at a time.

I like to experiment with drugs since I have no discernible tendencies when it comes to losing self control. When it comes to drugs, I've tried Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, Xanax, DXM, Salvia, Oxycodone, Cocaine, Opium, and Adderall. Most of this was in college where I experimented quite freely. I have no desire to try Meth/Heroin/Crack/PCP. Now that I'm older, I pretty much exclusively smoke weed and drink beer like once a week (I do have a Xanax prescription because of anxiety attacks). I'll do psychadelics on occasion (once every year or so) and consider tripping to be the closest thing I'll ever get to having religious experiences. If you haven't eaten mushrooms in a safe environment, I highly encourage it. DMT is the one drug that I haven't tried that I would like to. The only time I did coke, it was off the hand of a guy wearing a banana suit at Bonnaroo. My reasoning was that since bananas are from Colombia, you knew the shit was pure.

DMT is life changing. I tried it twice, one time I didnt break through(probably due to poor administration) The second time I vaped it in those glass rose things you get at smoke shops or conveniant stores(they look like crack pipes) and it was the most powerful experience Ive ever had. Really want to make ayahuasca
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 01:30 PM

(08-13-2014, 01:01 PM)Blizzard Said: So does that make you an anti-anti-theist?

I'm agnostic.

My point there was that zealotry goes in both directions.... I know some very annoyingly fervent atheists who like to go out of their way to remind you that religion is all bullshit.

Hate Post Like Post
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 01:40 PM

I suppose I'm one of the few, if not the only, theist here. Haha

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-13-2014, 01:44 PM

(08-13-2014, 01:30 PM)Loverboy813 Said: I know some very annoyingly fervent atheists who like to go out of their way to remind you that religion is all bullshit.

You know JP Corino??? Whoa! When's he coming back?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Vincent Lane (08-13-2014)
LH Harrison Offline
The Inspiration of the XWF

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

08-13-2014, 01:54 PM

Since we're discussing religion, I was Pentecostal for 10 years or so, but now I'm agnostic.

[Image: yA7XLDP.png]

[Image: f9wsBWb.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-13-2014, 02:30 PM

I called myself agnostic for a long time since it's true that no one knows for sure whether or not that there's a god. At one point, though, I just had to ask why I was even labeling myself that. I wouldn't describe myself uncertain when it comes to unicorns. Could they theoretically exist? Sure. But since I haven't seen any observable evidence of a unicorn, I'd say that I don't believe they exist. Since I haven't seen any observable evidence of god existing, I'd have to wager that a god doesn't exist. Therefore, I'm atheist. The burden of proof lies on the claimer of something existing, not on someone requesting such proof. Most "agnostics" just don't like how certain atheists act; they're actually atheist themselves.

[Image: hw7M8KM.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 02:55 PM

Do I dare get involved in this discussion.. decisions.. decisions.

1x Universal Champion
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post:
Hunter Payne (08-13-2014)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 02:57 PM

27/m/tx

I don't have a religion, but I think that a lot of atheists are just as annoying as the crazy religious folks. Seriously, this dude in my class sneezed. Someone said "bless you" because that's just something everyone's done over the years. And his response was "no thank you" or something super-atheist/douchey.

I like pizza and burgers. +and wings, wings are delicious
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Morbid Angel (08-13-2014)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2014, 03:30 PM

(08-13-2014, 02:55 PM)Eli James Said: Do I dare get involved in this discussion.. decisions.. decisions.

I'm always interested in hearing perspectives. Since you said you've studied so many different religions, I'm sure there's some sort of logic behind your theist belief. I've heard some interesting shit regarding the cosmological argument and a lot of scientists/physicists are theists even after considering all relevant data. I guess it all just depends on what your definition of 'god' is.

Hate Post Like Post
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 04:28 PM

I'm Christian. All I can say is, I've seen my God answer my prayers when I needed them answered. But everyone has their own path. That's all I'm gonna say about religion.

I was homeless as a kid. Worst thing ever. But I think it made me stronger. But it strained my relationship with my father. The best way I can explain it, is you know how in The Pursuit of Happiness Will Smith tries his hardest so his son could have a proper place to sleep? My dad didn't do that. He just sort of shrugged, as to say "I guess we're homeless now." Wasn't until my older brother took me away for the summer that I stopped being homeless. I was also teased constantly in school, wearing wrinkly clothes, sometimes the same clothes everyday. I fucking hated my life at 10 years old.

On a happier note, I like where my life is headed. About 2 years ago, I discovered this thing called confidence. Life became so much better once I got confidence in myself.

Go Vikings!

And Lakers!

I haven't met any real A-list celebrities yet. I was in the third row of George Lopez's talk show(Bastards canceled it) And Jessica Alba was a guest and I swear she looked directly at me and smiled. My sister(who was there) never believed me. It's was a fun day that still gets mentioned from time to time.

I watched wrestling since I was 5 and grew up on The Simpsons and later South Park. Never really was a big fan of Family Guy. Sorry.

I'm usually slightly above average when it comes to computer stuff, but Skype really confuses me. Which is why you've never seen me on it.

I originally got into efedding for the love of wrestling. Truth be told, I always sucked at writing and math. So ideally, if I ever wanted to see some victories by my name I had to become better at telling and writing a story. So thank you XWF for improving my writing and reading skills. Still suck at math though.

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 05:17 PM

Well, I've heard arguments for and against a Creator.

I can say I see why some can believe there is no god. I'm not "blind" in their perspective. My main thing with atheist, or agnostics, are they say they are open for evidence but are quick to argue. When it comes to religion (a serious talk), I'm more into discussion than arguing.

Plus, most are actually closed-minded when they try to say they aren't. (when I say most, I mean the majority I've personally ran into)

I actually am. Of course I am stubborn in once sense in my belief because a) I didn't grow up this way, and b) it makes logical sense to me more so than the rest of the options out there.

When I talk to people about religion, my first thought to share is for the person to look from my perspective when I talk. It's not a bash time to say you're wrong or I'm right. I don't discuss things that I believe are eternal value lightly. From my perspective, without accepting Jesus then you go to hell. If you think from my eyes, then you know why I'm passionate about 'trying to convince'.

Does that make much sense?

1x Universal Champion
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

08-13-2014, 05:22 PM

I'm a 32 year old male from Anderson, SC.

I play alot of rpgs. Favorites are Final Fantasy. I also do tabletop and Magic: The Gathering.

I like anime. I originally was just old school but watched and episode of Naruto with some bad ass dead guy who's name started with an M. Want to retrace and see where he came from.

I like all music, especially metal.

I have beaten every Guiter Hero song on expert, including "Through The Fire And TheFlames".

More, just ask. I suck at this.

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Hate Post Like Post
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2014, 05:39 PM

Eli, why do you believe people go to hell without accepting Jesus Christ? What scientific evidence is there for hell existing to begin with? Do you believe in Jesus as written in the Bible, i.e. performing miracles? I would understand why you would be passionate about these things given the opinions you hold but I'm curious about how you came to those opinions. Like you, I'm interested in discussion and maybe you can provide answers.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 05:42 PM

Hate Post Like Post
Ricky Maine Offline
Active in WNW

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-13-2014, 05:51 PM

I'm 26, from Aotearoa/New Zealand.

Fave movie? Enemy at the Gates, Saving Private Ryan, war shit.

Fave music? Anything really, probably more inclined to listen to rap or reggae but yeah I'll listen to anything from Kenny Rogers to Slayer, or Woody Guthrie to Cindy Lauper.

Fave tv? Brickleberry, Housos, Workaholics, I love comedy basically.

Drink some, smoke lots, snort sometimes, pop sometimes.

Work hard.

Enjoy life.
Hate Post Like Post
Atomsk Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-13-2014, 06:35 PM

I would consider my self a free-thinker and worship reason and logic.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atomsk's post:
Blizzard (08-13-2014)
Ricky Maine Offline
Active in WNW

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-13-2014, 06:48 PM

I'm an atheist.

Not the Dawkins/Hitchens kind either.

I don't hate religion, or religious people, I just don't believe that crap myself.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ricky Maine's post:
Blizzard (08-13-2014)
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Cain, you realize you live in the same area as Dr. Zero and 30 minutes from me? Hahaha.

Blizzard,

There is no scientific evidence there is a hell or heaven. The life after death part is where every belief places faith, because ultimately nothing can be proven. Whether you become a god, return as something else, go to Heaven or Hell, or rot in the Earth.. we cannot answer.

Those who are so absorbed in science must explain everything is shallow. Science is all about observation. Science cannot explain a person's decision, the beauty of art or music, morality, etc. For example, morality stems from a person's belief.

I do believe the Jesus written in the Bible. While there are countless discussions on the accuracy of the Bible alone, and would be a longer post than I can provide right now and wish not to interfere too much in the boards regarding my view... I will share a few reasons.

Again, my opinion and observation.

The Bible was written at several different times, by many different people, and eye witnesses or people living during the writing that could easily dispose it if the acts were not true. I see some things that go on in space as a miracle. Jupiter being the 'big brother' of Earth and how it slingshots asteroids is pretty cool. Plus the earth rotating and the sun still burning.. I see as miracles.

One person through at me the whole "talking snake in Genesis" deal. He was agnostic I believe. My response was, "Yes, I believe that. So do you." He responded, "How so?" I simple said, "I believe it happened then, in an instant. You believe over the course of billions of years, a snake eventually turned into a talking human rational thinking human being. You believe in a talking snake like I do, except yours needed billions of years to take place."

Often, people look at things in a view of, say Christianity, and think it's far fetched. That is until you see every possible view on life has strange things that are far fetch.

Scientology: aliens erupted from a volcano, called Thetans, and attached themselves on humans. This is the reason for sickness, disease, anger, etc. Jesus from the Bible was a level 3, and Tom Cruise is at a level 6 last I heard. One Author of their 'Bible'.

Mormon: you become a god. One guy reinterpreted the Bible, among other writings, with special goggles. One eye witness. They changed their 'holy' translation several times because they sometimes got in trouble with racism.

Agnostic: From what I gather, is one that says there COULD be a god but it's highly unlikely. I've heard several propose if there is a God, then we cannot know who he is. If someone makes that claim, then they come with a preconceived idea who of God is.

Atheism: There is still no 100% fact on this. Even Stephen Hawking has shared thoughts on this in several of his books, and leans more towards agnostic view point.

I'll stop there.

If there is no God, then life is ultimately meaningless without purpose. The only purpose we have is what we create for ourselves. There is no ultimate 'punishment' if you do wrong and never get caught. Justice is temporary.

If there is a God, then there are consequences are wrongs you do.. even if the justice system never gets you.

Where did God come from? All I can say is He's always been. If I knew where he came from, then why would I need him?

Something, or someone, must be eternal. A Creator or Universe.

Sorry for the ramble. This may raise even more questions, or may end the conversation.

If I need to stop, I'm fine with it.

1x Universal Champion
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post:
Hunter Payne (08-13-2014), Ricky Maine (08-13-2014)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Right, since nothing has been proven as far as what comes after death, there's really no reason to call either side of the argument ignorant. Atheists can't prove that something doesn't exist, and believers can't prove that it does exist. Atheists have their theories for what happens after death, so why can't religious folks have that same privilege without being laughed at?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(08-14-2014), Ricky Maine (08-13-2014)
Atomsk Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

08-13-2014, 07:34 PM

I know a lot of Christians who dont believe the bible is quite the word of God. I cant blame her because there is some messed up shit in there.
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 07:36 PM

I want to clarify my statements on my belief. I'm not that guy who will douche up to you just because you pray or whatever. I was that guy when I was 18. I wanted to get some pretty offensive tattoos. I understand now how that was a terrible choice, but then it was the only thing that mattered. I've changed, and learnt to let people have their faith as long as they're not bothering you with it. I just don't see me ever accepting that there's a god out there.

That being said, if you start aggressively attacking someone for their belief, one way or the other then I will take offense to you. Especially if you're mistaken. I know about a few religions, not enough to consider myself an expert, but more so than some people I know. Morbid Angel's dad, I'll use him. He's Catholic, and I'm ok with it, to an extent. He likes to start arguments with Morbid and I about Science vs God, and bash us for not being on his team.

But he gets a lot of things wrong. Like he honestly believes that the Christian Bible does not say anything bad about women, and protects Marriage as 1 man and 1 woman. He launched into a tirade about that. I cannot tolerate that behaviour. And I cannot accept the Atheists, Muslims, Jews, etc, doing that to people for their belief. I'm not a hippie, but my ideology is simple: Don't be a dick.
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

(08-13-2014, 06:57 PM)Eli James Said: Cain, you realize you live in the same area as Dr. Zero and 30 minutes from me? Hahaha.

Blizzard,

There is no scientific evidence there is a hell or heaven. The life after death part is where every belief places faith, because ultimately nothing can be proven. Whether you become a god, return as something else, go to Heaven or Hell, or rot in the Earth.. we cannot answer.

Those who are so absorbed in science must explain everything is shallow. Science is all about observation. Science cannot explain a person's decision, the beauty of art or music, morality, etc. For example, morality stems from a person's belief.

I do believe the Jesus written in the Bible. While there are countless discussions on the accuracy of the Bible alone, and would be a longer post than I can provide right now and wish not to interfere too much in the boards regarding my view... I will share a few reasons.

Again, my opinion and observation.

The Bible was written at several different times, by many different people, and eye witnesses or people living during the writing that could easily dispose it if the acts were not true. I see some things that go on in space as a miracle. Jupiter being the 'big brother' of Earth and how it slingshots asteroids is pretty cool. Plus the earth rotating and the sun still burning.. I see as miracles.

One person through at me the whole "talking snake in Genesis" deal. He was agnostic I believe. My response was, "Yes, I believe that. So do you." He responded, "How so?" I simple said, "I believe it happened then, in an instant. You believe over the course of billions of years, a snake eventually turned into a talking human rational thinking human being. You believe in a talking snake like I do, except yours needed billions of years to take place."

Often, people look at things in a view of, say Christianity, and think it's far fetched. That is until you see every possible view on life has strange things that are far fetch.

Scientology: aliens erupted from a volcano, called Thetans, and attached themselves on humans. This is the reason for sickness, disease, anger, etc. Jesus from the Bible was a level 3, and Tom Cruise is at a level 6 last I heard. One Author of their 'Bible'.

Mormon: you become a god. One guy reinterpreted the Bible, among other writings, with special goggles. One eye witness. They changed their 'holy' translation several times because they sometimes got in trouble with racism.

Agnostic: From what I gather, is one that says there COULD be a god but it's highly unlikely. I've heard several propose if there is a God, then we cannot know who he is. If someone makes that claim, then they come with a preconceived idea who of God is.

Atheism: There is still no 100% fact on this. Even Stephen Hawking has shared thoughts on this in several of his books, and leans more towards agnostic view point.

I'll stop there.

If there is no God, then life is ultimately meaningless without purpose. The only purpose we have is what we create for ourselves. There is no ultimate 'punishment' if you do wrong and never get caught. Justice is temporary.

If there is a God, then there are consequences are wrongs you do.. even if the justice system never gets you.

Where did God come from? All I can say is He's always been. If I knew where he came from, then why would I need him?

Something, or someone, must be eternal. A Creator or Universe.

Sorry for the ramble. This may raise even more questions, or may end the conversation.

If I need to stop, I'm fine with it.

@EliJames omg. And I work at Walmart so I've probably seen you guys and dont even know it. My real name is Joseph. To paraphrase Guppy, Former Maintenance associate, nowmer sales associate. Lol

Hate Post Like Post
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Haha.. maybe we'll go do something sometime. We can use your 10% at wallyworld!

1x Universal Champion
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

08-13-2014, 08:32 PM

(08-13-2014, 08:05 PM)Eli James Said: Haha.. maybe we'll go do something sometime. We can use your 10% at wallyworld!

Hell, I could use my 10%. Wally world buttrapes you. Not like Frodo either. Without lube.

Oh my god...what if half the characters of XWF were Walmart employees? I mean the actual characters?

"Welcome to Walmart. Suck my dick!"

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cain's post:
Hunter Payne (08-13-2014)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2014, 04:21 AM

(08-13-2014, 06:57 PM)Eli James Said: Those who are so absorbed in science must explain everything is shallow. Science is all about observation. Science cannot explain a person's decision, the beauty of art or music, morality, etc. For example, morality stems from a person's belief.

Actually, yes, science can explain every single one of those things. A person's decision is based on brain chemistry. Neurons are electrically excitable cells that make the brain function like a computer. We have not yet unlocked all the mysteries of the brain and how thoughts occur organically but I assure you that we'll make significant progress when it comes to this during our lifetimes. There are countless books on music/art theory and why those sounds/images are considered beautiful. Perception can be explained and reasoning can be explained from a biological/chemical/physical perspective. Like I said, our brains are basically computers and nothing happens for no reason.

Quote:The Bible was written at several different times, by many different people, and eye witnesses or people living during the writing that could easily dispose it if the acts were not true. I see some things that go on in space as a miracle. Jupiter being the 'big brother' of Earth and how it slingshots asteroids is pretty cool. Plus the earth rotating and the sun still burning.. I see as miracles.

There are so many different cultures with written history and nearly none of those include things such as Noah's flood and much of the Old Testament. The Old Testament is very cut and dry in the way it describes the way the world was founded and a lot of the thought behind it can be considered antiquated or flat out refuted.

There was also a massive campaign by the Catholic Church to burn books that went against the interests of the Church so a lot of material that would hurt the church (insofar as first hand accounts) has been irrevocably destroyed. Not to mention that there is a ton of stuff underneath the Vatican that the general populace is unable to access. Also consider that the printing press didn't exist until the 15th century so the ability of literature to be produced was severely limited. Any book that needed to be reproduced needed to be done by hand. Considering the stranglehold the Church had on politics, it only makes sense that most of the efforts regarding printing were spent on reproducing the Bible. Any sort of person who tried to use reason and logic to counter the Bible was labeled a heretic... and a lot of those people were straight up killed for their beliefs.

By the way, regarding the Bible, it's pretty insane how much editing of the Bible occurred during history to fit political agenda. It's really tough to tell what was actually written during the time of Jesus and what was added in after. It doesn't "disprove" what we consider the Bible today... but the Bible as it it existed in 100 AD was a completely different document than the Bible Christians study today.

Quote:One person through at me the whole "talking snake in Genesis" deal. He was agnostic I believe. My response was, "Yes, I believe that. So do you." He responded, "How so?" I simple said, "I believe it happened then, in an instant. You believe over the course of billions of years, a snake eventually turned into a talking human rational thinking human being. You believe in a talking snake like I do, except yours needed billions of years to take place."

Well, humans didn't evolve from snakes and I don't think you'll find many anthropologists who believe that. Yes, we share a common ancestor (as human share an ancestor with any living matter). I'm not sure what your complete beliefs are regarding evolution but I do have to say that plenty of creationists are completely misinformed when it comes to basic evolutionary theory. You sound educated enough to be beyond complete denial, though. A lot of people need to see a monkey turn into a human in order to believe that evolution exists but they don't need to watch God create Earth to believe that happened. I think that's strange.

Quote:If there is no God, then life is ultimately meaningless without purpose. The only purpose we have is what we create for ourselves. There is no ultimate 'punishment' if you do wrong and never get caught. Justice is temporary.

This sounds like backwards deduction to me. Since you want to believe that there are consequences for people doing things that are wrong, you theorize that God must exist as a way to justify your want. Scientific theory requires observation of something existing to create a position and it seems like your theory was created out of a desire to make that position true.

I do not think it's necessary for us to have a purpose and, honestly, I think that's more empowering than us being created by some omnipresent force. Through logic and through reason, humans are fully capable of developing a moral code ourselves. We are able to decide what's wrong and what's right and I think that same ability is what helped the authors of the Bible write what they wrote.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Blizzard's post:
Ozymandias (08-14-2014), Ricky Maine (08-14-2014)
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 05:27 AM

Technically, yes, your brain works and connects dots. Can it explain why something is beautiful? No. One can say 'someone thinks this is beautiful because your brain fires off this, etc' but that still doesn't explain beauty. Love is just a bunch of chemicals being fired in our brain, then why die for someone? Why give two cents worth? Why get married or have a relationship? If it's just how our brain is merely interpreting current things, it's pointless. Yeah, one could argue about perception, but it doesn't really answer anything.

The Bible we have (I'm talking the Arabic, Hebrew, and Greek manuscripts, not various translations) is actually very close to the original and does not waiver on the core principals/doctrine of Christianity. The writings of Plato, for example, are taken without questioning. The writings of his stuff were around 427-347 B.C., and the earliest copy found was 900 A.D. which is roughly 1200 year difference. I think 7 copies were found. Herodotus had writings around 480 B.C. and the first copy found was also 900 A.D., with 8 copies. Aristotle wrote in 300's B.C. and the earliest manuscript found was in 1100 A.D. None of these writings are questioned. The New Testament was written between 50-100 A.D., and the first copy found was 130 A.D with 5600 copies. These 5600 copies found were not technically the complete Bible, but a few writings here and there in different locations.. and they all matched. This is the writing people question.

When you boil the theory of evolution at its process... yes.. a snake became a talking person. In the order, no it did not. In evolution, we all came from the same explosion... which, if you think about it logically, we are the same as a brick wall except we adapted or survived. We came from the same place/explosion. It's just matter and energy.

Evolution cannot be observed, which is why it's technically not science. It's a theory. The Big Bang cannot be recreated.

Just like scientists were not there when the big bang happened and believe it by studying other observations... I wasn't there when God created the world but do observe 'miracles'. This is a terribly analogy, but I'm going to go with it. A man finds a watch in the middle of the woods.. does he think it came together or because of the way it works and is formed.. there is a creator... logic says creator.. but when we look at the complexity of a human eye, we think evolution and not a designer.

The Bible even talked about the Earth being a "sphere" when it was argued it was flat.

As far as the consequences go, it's not backwards deduction. I didn't fit God into my belief. I'm not saying all, but some atheists will point to things because it fits their theory instead of listening to all evidence. Sure, we can develop a morality code but everyone has opinions, therefore, morality would be subjective. If morality is subjective, then we have no right to tell someone what they do is wrong just because we see it as wrong.

Jesus lived. That cannot be refuted. Who Jesus was is what can be refuted. I see many authors who eye-witnessed Jesus, and if they were lying ... there were enough people to destroy or write against it if it were false. Plus, if I were writing.. I wouldn't make myself look bad.. but they did.

1x Universal Champion
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

08-14-2014, 08:25 AM

I'm 24 and I live in Durham, NC
Just like John Austin Wink, I too have my first child on the way
Had third row seats from ringside at Wrestlemania 26
Lover of everything Rock N Roll music
Rarely watch television and when I do is usually shit like Pawn Stars, ROH, or Raw.
As far as religion, I am agnostic
Movies, the classic stuff like Hellraiser or Scarface. Shit that comes out today rarely ever gains my interest.

Celebrity Crush:.... Ginger Zee, from Good Morning America hahaha

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
MarkFlynn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Sup.

My name is Wes. I'm 22 years old from Austin, TX. Flynn's from Battle Creek, MI. I've never been to MI, just remembered the name of the city sounded cool when RVD got intro'd with it. My high-school girlfriend ran off to Michigan with her drug dealer whose reddit username was 'Handbanana.' That is the closest interaction I've actually had with the state.

I'm a stand-up comedian. I have a free monthly comedy show I run out of a comic book shop. If you're ever in Austin last Sunday of the month and want to see me drinking and yelling jokes into a microphone, let me know!

When I first started out doing stand-up, it was at an Applebee's, doing ten minutes sets at midnight. I liked it because only three comics would show up and the host would cycle through comics as long as they were willing to go up, so you could do ten like four times in one night and it gave me a lot of stage experience quick.

The first time I ever got booed off stage was at Applebee's. Although, technically it was just a booth area where they pulled out the seats.

The first time a comic ever got between me and the mic so I couldn't speak any more was at Applebee's.

One time, I got to write roast jokes to use on Home Alone's Macaulay Culkin, because another comic friend of mine had the opportunity to open for his Velvet Underground cover band and knew that I had put together roasts before. I wrote him about 15 minutes for a five minute opening set. Just before he went on, Macaulay's agent told him that he couldn't tell any jokes about Macaulay Culkin. Was Heart-breaking. Guy heckled every comic. What a dick.

I've gotten to tour through Gulf Coast alt rooms twice. One time, in Mississippi, in the middle of a joke of mine where I explain you don't need to say 'racist slave-owners', the racist is implied, a guy in a wheelchair yelled out, 'Sorry, I don't like you!'

The short version of that joke is 'One time, I berated at a guy in a wheelchair for a full minute and got an applause break for it'.

Twitter: www.twitter.com/westcornfield

Also, I have a podcast if you want to hear me yell about weird tech news with a friend. Things like 'remote control cockroaches existing and being a thing you can buy today for $20'

https://www.facebook.com/FeatureCompleteAlpha
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkFlynn's post:
Ozymandias (08-14-2014), Vincent Lane (08-14-2014)
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 10:54 AM

Flynn since you're in Austin - do you ever go to the Inspire Pro wrestling shows there?

If you've never checked out WithSpandex.com for wrestling related stuff, you should.

Hate Post Like Post
MarkFlynn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 11:00 AM

Love WithLeather slash WithSpandex. I was really into wrestling as a kid but started getting back into it because of the Best & Worst Column Brandon Stroud does.

A long time ago, circa October 2012, when I was briefly Robert Miles, I posted a News & Rumors section piece as Stroud Brandonson called the Best & Worst of Warfare. I wasn't sure if anyone got the joke. In fact, I'm confident the way it was perceived was as legitimate criticism.

I need to start attending Inspire though. I've heard incredible things.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Yeah you need to report back on that!

on the 8/31 show, Stroud (who does the ring announcing and some creative) is going to be confronted by Lance Hoyt for an angle they're running.

Hate Post Like Post
MarkFlynn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 11:13 AM

lol I know he keeps saying he's not going to fight Hoyt. But if Stroud gets Blackout-ed (Blackedout?) I want to be there to see it happen.

Love the guy but that seems like a thing you'd want to be there in person for.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Definitely.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 12:57 PM

Under this mask, I'm Eddie Griffin.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pest's post:
(08-14-2014), Atomsk (08-14-2014), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-15-2014)
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 07:04 PM

Got any comedy videos on Youtube Mr. Flynn?

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
MarkFlynn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2014, 07:24 PM

Yup.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkFlynn's post:
Hunter Payne (08-14-2014), Vincent Lane (08-14-2014)
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2014, 07:50 PM

Awesome job dude. Loved the joke about Shaggy putting scooby down.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub

[Image: misfits.png]

[Image: Misfits2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mastermind's post:
(08-14-2014)
Mystica Offline
Monsters Are Real

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-16-2014, 12:05 PM

-I'm a 21-year-old guy from a backwoods town in North NJ. Don't come here. There's nothing to see.
-Agnostic/don't really give a care about religion.
-Despite the pic base, it IS lupus. I have it. Shit sucks.
-I'm headed into my senior year of English at Rutgers. Yes, I know it's a useless major.
-On that note, the first issue of my semi-graphic novel is coming out next month! Vampires and horse-head demons and cosmic powers all over the place! I've had some poems published, but mostly in shitty literary magazines.
-I speak French...in my sleep. Long story, but I can't speak French while conscious.
-Otherwise, I can speak German at an almost fluent level.
-I make comedy-based gaming videos, alongside some MST3K-style riffs of regular TV shows/movies.
-My absolute favourite film is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

[Image: b7zaJm8.jpg]

Achievements
  • 1x Tag Team Champion
  • August 2013 Superstar of the Month (Thank you all so much!)
  • 1x US Champion
  • 1x X-treme Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mystica's post:
Ozymandias (08-16-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 05:29 PM

Seems the best place to put this. My two car stories.

Morbid Angel and I went out to get him a new car. I'm better at haggling, and I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings do it, which is why I went. So, we're looking at them, and I've already pulled up a bunch of info on the model he's looking at so the Salesman can't get the better of me. We're going through and talking to dude about them, and he's really hammering on Morbid to get one. I start doing the negotiating and dealing, on both halves. I know enough to convince Morbid, and I know enough to get the dude to let up on things. Angel buys the car, and the dude's boss offers me a job. For real. Didn't take it.

Another time, I'm looking to trade my 2 door Explorer in because the Transmission is slipping, and I don't wanna pay $1500 for a rebuild. There's a dealership offering the Push Pull or Drag sale, $4000 guaranteed for any trade in that starts. I roll up there and check out a few cars, and they keep for about 4 hours. Finally we settle on one, it's a 2008 Chevy Cobalt, which is nice. It's 7pm, the dealership closes at 9. I ask if I can go grab a bite to eat from the subway up the street before signing because I'm getting rather hungry. The manager starts telling me how my car is ass, and how it's not worth the money they're giving me, and how the deal won't be there if I leave. The sale has 3 more days. I point out how I know he's mistaken and how my car is fine, except the transmission. Then tell him to either stop lying to me or I walk. He says they're doing me a favour not the other way around. I tell him to "stop blowing smoke up my ass." His response? Drop my key on the floor and tell me to get out because I swore on the floor and insulted him. Yep.
Scully Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-24-2014, 02:12 PM

I might aswell join in on this.
I actually thought I was too old to be doing this, I'm 27.
I haven't done role playing for about 7 years.
My characters name is actually my surname.
I was born and bred in Birmingham, England.
I now live in Gloucestershire, still in England lol
I have a 2 year old and now a new born who's just turned a month old.
I work full time as a shop assistant(How exciting)
I support Aston Villa football club.
I play football(soccer) every week for my own team called " Benteke Fried Chicken". Benteke plays for Aston Villa.
I like Boxing
Love wrestling, obviously.
My favourite Wrestler of all time is The Rock.
My favourite films are kidulthood, Adulthood, Scarface, A Bronx Tale, The Warriors...
I love music. All sorts of music. Old and new. Some of my favourite bands are Limp Bizkit, Staind and Oasis.
I've seen Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Inme, The Defiled, Wednesday 13, The butcher babies, The killing lights live.
I'm not totally in to heavy metal though nor do I have long dyed black hair and wear black all the time with band names on my body (not that I have any thing against that fashion)
I've been told I look like John Cena a few times and been mistaken for Olly Murs. Olly and Cena don't look alike so that don't make sense.
I have 2 tattoos. 1 is The Aston Villa badge, I got when I was 18 then they changed the badge a year later. C.u.n.t's. 2 is A Bulldog sporting a black eye and wearing boxing gloves.
My uncle was a famous boxer in Australia where he still lives.
Hate Post Like Post