Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas/plans to keep xwf moving forward instead of back to basics
Kimmy-K Offline
You are beautiful! I'll always love you!

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

06-06-2014, 02:19 AM

I was gonna PM you, but I'm lazy as fuck. Too lazy for that simple task. Anyway... I know we've already talked about some ideas, but you need all of the help you can get... Here's an idea if you want a bit of money to help out with the XWF site or... Quite frankly whatever.

It depends on the other people on the site, I guess, as it's an inconvenience but will help out in the long run.

...Why not have links like the XWF logo, main IC areas, roster, search, rules, etc... Set up via adf.ly... Now I know a lot of impatient people just groaned and rolled their eyes, but we wouldn't be dealing with that permanently, and I for one can wait a few extra seconds for a page if it helps this place out in the long run.

Just food for thought, something to think about...

[Image: DDWnd.jpg]
Who says, who says you're not perfect?
Who says you're not worth it?
Who says you're the only one that's hurtin'?
Trust me, that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty?
Who says you're not beautiful?
Who says?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kimmy-K's post:
Rain (06-06-2014)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-06-2014, 09:49 AM

That's a great idea to consider if it comes down to that, but for now I'd rather give people the chance of donating and helping out, because adding the forwarding link between every page is not too far from just loading up the XWF site with ads, which I'd also like to avoid.

I'll look more into the idea over the next week or so and see how donations are looking, etc... Obviously if only the same small handful of people are the only ones ever donating, that tells me the majority doesn't mind having ads placed or forwarding links between pages, so we'll see what happens with that. I may need to come up with something creative if we're going to actually keep our site AND upgrade everything in the next 60 days like I wanted, because once we upgrade there will be several costs that go up on my end and I will need to regularly maintain the site more often due to the extra features it will have.

What's amazing to think about is if everybody here simply donated 5 bucks every few weeks, along with the people who occasionally donate more, we'd have NO issues at all moving forward and maintaining. It really would be that simple.

Would anyone else like to weigh in on this? Questions, comments, ideas?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Rain (06-06-2014)
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

06-06-2014, 01:57 PM

Okay. Two things. First off, what if you made SOME kinda tournament, or rumble or something for a shot at the World Title, or something along those lines, people are entered based on donations. I can't really come up with any specifics cuz I'm working on an RP, but basically, it could be run every few weeks, something along those lines. I.C. rewards for a simple, small donation. Hoping that helps.

Secondly...One hundred bucks. Sent your way, Shane-o.

XWF...Step up. And rawk on.

~$.H.3.

[Image: Dahvie-vanity-botdf-crew-31823997_zpsgzuqvwx0.gif]

iAm fluid... my gender, my sexuality, my personality...
as fluid as the drops of water pouring down upon us from the heavens above

Former 24/7 Xtreme Champion [x1]
Born: 10.31.89 -- Died: 09.13.13 | ReBorn: 08.11.2014 | #emoHero | #BROKEN

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-06-2014, 02:24 PM

raYne, that idea is a bit unfair. Cause you have guys like me, who has no job, and only what savings I got before I left my job, vs someone like Duke who has a job and can donate all his excess money if he wants. In the middle you have guys like Theo, and Feder who have jobs and families who can donate only so much of their income. So, Duke could theoretically donate and purchase as many title shots as he wants. Where as I, who has donated a much smaller amount only once, can only afford to maybe get one title shot that way. Where's the fun for me in there? It's like kicking me for being poor. Though a decent idea in theory, when we examine it closely it hinders some people.
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

06-06-2014, 02:30 PM

No, no, I just mean, as Shane-o said, a five buck donation. That could make it where people donate in the manner he mentioned. I don't think five bucks would be that much for anyone, do you?

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

06-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Yeah, I don't think that would work. I donate what I can when I can, but as a student it's very difficult. Although, I don't think using Duke as an example like that was very fair Fordo haha.

But I just think more people who can need to help out as much as possible

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Archie Lawson's post:
Rain (06-07-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

06-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Hey, he has the fancier extra banner thing. But yeah, what Arch said about student life for me, too. Plus, I'm not sure if there's an option to accept Kimmy's fake country money. MURICA!

By the way, Arch. You're not using the banner I made you. :'(

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frodo mother fucking Smackins's post:
Rain (06-07-2014)
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-06-2014, 07:22 PM

I have to agree with Rayne a little. Maybe at the PPV have a set of matches with a $5 in. those matches will determine who is "Alpha Male" in the XWF. every PPV have another set of $5 matches. I understand that some people cannot afford to be in so perhaps SOTM gets a free entry and No titles in the $5 matches. this way it cannot be viewed as purchasing a title shot but more of getting like a different colored name...maybe Green or some shit...who knows. Maybe give 3 rep each...lets get crazy!

also note that it won't be like the entire PPV but a set of elective matches and considering most who enter will be in matches we could work out that their roleplays for other matches can be covered as their elective match roleplays. or it could be a pre-PPV show where a week before or after the ones who donated roleplay and a smaller Pre-Show will be for who gets a green name until the next PPV where they have to keep up their Alpha status so to speak.

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Morbid Angel's post:
Rain (06-07-2014)
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-06-2014, 09:01 PM

I can honestly say that sometimes, even 5 bucks is a lot of money. I've gone back and forth between the poor house and the penthouse that I know how hard it can be at times.

That said, I find it encouraging that so many do care what happens to the XWF. Its like Olive Garden, when you're here, you're family. Except instead of endless salad and bread sticks its anal rapeage and penises.

Back to the point, I'm not in favor of purchasing title shots. The in character fun should remain exactly that.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
Frodo mother fucking Smackins (06-06-2014), Morbid Angel (06-06-2014), Ozymandias (06-07-2014), Rain (06-07-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

06-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Where would we be in our lives if it wasn't for the anal rape and penises? I bet Luca would have written another album, and maybe won a Grammy at this point. Get on it, Kacey!

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

06-07-2014, 12:19 AM

Well. I like Morbid's idea, but I know we're probably in the minority.

And just so you all know, my family consists of my mom and my godmom. I only have my mom as my blood relative, only other one I've ever really known was my Aunt who passed away years ago. I am the main one that brings in money, and we are still 'broke ass poor' as I used to say. But, that is how much this place means to me. I am not 'well-off' even in the slightest bit, not EVEN middle class or anywhere near it. We barely scrape by from pay-check to pay-check, we are on Food Stamps/SSI, and that is literally because the money we make as it stands is not enough to get by on.

But still, I had a second opportunity at this place. And I am making the most of it. Because as I said back in September...There is no place like this anymore. This is the last bastion of the old school.

Again. I like Morbid's idea. But I'm most likely in the minority.

~$hane-o-mac 3ry

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-07-2014, 10:41 PM

I definitely would never have donations earn in character title shots or anything like that, but I'm all for rewarding those who donate in any other way they may like. I've said before I'd give people a secondary custom avatar to go along with their profile if they want one, and I'd also be open to other ideas.

As far as $5 being a lot of money, or not being a lot of money... the reason I said "if everybody could even donate 5 bucks every few weeks or so" was because I'm aware that in some cases, some weeks, even 5 bucks IS a lot of money... of course the key words there being "some cases" and "some weeks." I myself have had weeks in my life where I don't have 5 bucks to spare, so I understand that... but I also understand that if I cared about something enough, I'd have a few bucks to toss its way every now and then. That's why a big part of this revolves around how many of you actually care about what features and things our site has. Some of you are ok with just using a basic board without features, which is fine, because this is only an e-fed anyway.

So far, the response in my other thread (the poll) is weighing pretty heavily in favor of keeping and continuing to improve our site, which is great.

So far, the response in donations does not support that, which again, is fine... but I just want to say once again how it falls on you guys as a whole. It doesn't matter if you see 1 person or 2 people donate large amounts; we are still looking at this on a case by case basis based on how much a person can spare themselves. If only a small handful of people donate, then I'm going to probably see about other ways of rewarding them specifically instead of using their donations to pay for an entire site's progress when more than half of the people have demonstrated that they're fine with not supporting the features and upgrades. There may be some options in the near future where I can allow special access to extra features and areas to those who donate, while keeping the very very basic message board features open to everybody. We may even be able to create 2 separate boards entirely, similarly to how we currently have 2 different layouts people can select from, and all the BASIC posts such as roleplays would be visible across both versions of our board while everything else would only show up in the donor version. If we go that route, it would actually help cut costs in many regards because only a small portion of the handlers here would be using those extra features which in turn may draw the need for extra resources from our servers. While some may claim that is unfair, there would be a way around it such as donating a small amount on behalf of your friend who you know can never donate, and we'd then give that friend the same access you as a donor have. We'd also consider those who help out in various ways behind the scenes, regularly, as donors since they are in fact donating time... which of course IS money, just like the old saying.

Thoughts?

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

06-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Actually I kind of liked that idea but I can also understand that yes some people will get jealous because they can’t see the specials of the site. But its like buying a prostitute for a couple of hours…you can’t see the goods unless you pay, lol…not that I ever hired a prostitute ever…

Anyway, I enjoy that idea and I also think that the $5 in matches (which have no real value other than an odd colored name and maybe the ability to give 3 rep until the next month). I am not sure if people understood what I meant when I wrote that. The results will be quick and like RTX results.

Thirdly…I have no idea how much a site of quality costs and I can only imagine.

So with all that said I believe the special features will go for those who donate and those who can donate more can sponsor others who are unable to afford.

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Morbid Angel's post:
Rain (06-10-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-09-2014, 02:17 PM

(06-08-2014, 08:40 PM)Morbid Angel Said: its like buying a prostitute for a couple of hours…you can’t see the goods unless you pay, lol…not that I ever hired a prostitute ever…

How many "didn't" you hire? *winks sadistically*

Quote:Anyway, I enjoy that idea and I also think that the $5 in matches (which have no real value other than an odd colored name and maybe the ability to give 3 rep until the next month). I am not sure if people understood what I meant when I wrote that.

I do understand, and I do like where the idea is going. Yes, I'd actually be able to come up with a nice list of fun extras for certain donation amounts... we already offer the custom badges but I could see figuring out some other small perks like name customizations (they can actually be customized beyond just a color change, based on CSS styling code) and maybe some extra rep abilities like you said. I really do like that direction. I also like the idea of having some $5 opt in matches or something as long as enough people are actually opting in and making it a lively event. I think there are a lot of fun perks we can come up with that maybe I myself am not even thinking of at the moment.

Quote:Thirdly…I have no idea how much a site of quality costs and I can only imagine.

Not a huge amount of money, but enough... but yes costs will go up as we move forward. Even just keeping the domain name (xwf99) registered to us goes up over time as everything else in the world does. The main factor is that running the boards requires a huge amount of TIME, which then breaks down to money, and I'm referring to the aspects that ONLY I myself can tend to directly with coding, maintaining, hosting, etc. As far as my personal life goes with work, I am my own boss so I decide how much I work and I also have many expenses in turn. If I take more time for XWF than I do for my work stuff in a given week, I obviously LOST money, etc...etc... (being your own boss is NOT all it's cracked up to be, especially money wise) that's where I keep bringing up that whole "time is money" aspect, which weighs in very heavily right now. Also, I'd like to invest in some specific types of advertising once/if we are fully moved over to the new server which will be able to handle a LOT more than this one, and will be faster. (way less lagging and downtime for those who sometimes mention it to me) I have some ideas that may be able to increase the quality of new sign ups and give us less people who show up, last a week or two, and then just flop. Again though... those ideas = time/money, both.

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

06-09-2014, 02:23 PM

Perhaps the ability to choose the font of their name? Maybe restrict signature sizes for those who haven't donated at all?

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Yeah a font choice could easily be done. If it's a standard font that most computers support, it's about as quick/simple as doing a color change would have been. If it was a customized font that requires us to install a file into our server to support it and display it on all computers, then that would obviously require a little higher of a donation as it would be a small custom "job" instead of a simple change. I'd definitely be fine with both options being available. There are even ways to add images to a username (without ruining the username when it comes to sending PMs, etc) and other various effects that are really cool.

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-09-2014, 02:28 PM

Well, I do approve of the opt in only $5 matches, there is another idea to make that interesting. An opt in shove it, $5 a person and after all the matches, winners of them go into a rumble. Winner of that rumble gets like $15 back, or some other amount. Enough to keep it worth your while for hosting and running, but also enough to keep it with their gamble.

And another idea. Something raYne said gave me the idea. When someone gets out of line, for something small, they can either pay a fine or take the ban. Obviously this is only in situations for small issues. Like if we attack someone ooc and get a day ban or however long it is. Not something like spamming with horse porn. I hope that makes some sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwagMire's post:
Rain (06-10-2014)
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

06-09-2014, 02:29 PM

Yeah, I think just the basic fonts that are included in the RPs as well as simple colors should be enough. It's something I've always wanted anyway... not sure how others feel about missing out on that if they can't/don't donate?

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-09-2014, 02:43 PM

I do like the gamble idea Swag but when dealing in small amounts like that, each transaction has fees taken out by Paypal.

For every 5 that comes in, we really only see 4.something. By the time everything came in and then we're sending somebody the "winning purse" that also would have fees taken out of it before it reaches that person, so in essence we're just giving a lot of money to Paypal with that route. I'd also be worried about people taking a loss more seriously OOC if actual winnings were involved, and I'm not sure how we should/would go about handling that. I like the idea it's going into though and I think there should be some events where maybe a small percentage of the overall donated pool FOR that event might be awarded to a winner. Going by percentages, it might also offset the charges from paypal and make it a little more worth it. I'll have to look more into how they exactly calculate each fee and what percentages they go by.

I'd also be open to violations being "paid off" instead of receiving a ban. I could see that being something I'd handle directly and on a case by case basis because of how sensitive it could become. Some offenses would be so bad that they can't be bought out... but then again we don't get THAT many bad apples anyway so it may be workable. Somebody hurry up and do something to get banned and we'll negotiate!

As for the custom name fonts... the Universal Champion also gets that perk just because of how high of a title it is. (same as how the King had that option in the past) So that's one alternate way of getting a cool username if you're determined enough and can take out the champ! As long as you REMAIN the champ, you retain the custom name format. That's why Duke right now is blue and Theo was pink and before that I think Madison was tan.

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-10-2014)
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

06-10-2014, 04:43 AM

Okay, a few things. Firstly, I just donated another fifty. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this to hopefully, simply motivate others, and I DO NOT MEAN that damn much, just pitch in whatever you can. Secondly, as Swag said, the ban-related feature would ONLY apply to 'minor infractions', so it wouldn't reach the level you mention. Just the little things....clearly, the hassle I caused last year wouldn't be negotiable. DEFINITELY got the medicine I needed >.<

And another point, I love the restricted access idea. Both the restriction as it pertains to a slimmed down board, as well as Arch's regarding the signature. I'm sure a few people wish I had such a restriction >< ...But yeah, it'd certainly cut back on costs, and award those that did support the current site. Though, I can also see how that might upset a few people, so the alternative of other rewards would also be a feesible idea.

BTW, quick, open-question. IS my current sig better than the previous one? I totally understood about that one, I myself knew it'd probably cause a problem, which is why I quickly changed it. But this one....I'll be honest. It brings that certain positivity that I need, because that movie really inspired & motivated me, and I'm hoping it's not TOO lengthy. If it is, lemme know, I'll alter it and switch stuff out. But, as it stands, I think I could definitely run with it for a bit. It keeps me from letting the negative in...

Anywayz, I fuh-reaking ADORE the 'Special Shove-it' idea as well as the gambling idea. Swaggie, you're a genius, bro ^^ I'm thinkin'....how about a lottery? Or something along those lines, some kind of game that could generate revenue. Betting on wrestling pay-per-views w/actual money instead of title shots. Or, perhaps we could have an OOC 'tournament' consisting of polls, such as 'Best Old School Wrestler', 'Tag Teams Through History', something along those lines....maybe even a Mafia-style game?

I ALSO love, love, love the name change idea. I personally would LUUV to have my own uniquely styled name. And...it would not look as most of you may imagine. It wouldn't be all sparkly and bedazzled and glowing hot pink. Remember...raYne is gone [for the most part, though tbh, my OOC self leans MUCH more heavily toward that side than the Reeve side. Which I'm sure can be annoying to many Undecided ]

Now.....my final point, which is actually a question, which is actually kinda depressing, and honestly the main reason I posted this....uhm. Is Kimmy-Ann banned? PLEASE tell me she's not. Sad I was SO glad to realize Kimmy-K was actually Ann, and then, just now....I saw her name crossed out....But THEN, I saw the little activity, glowy notification thingy, and it was lit green, and I was wondering if maybe she's actually on, and maybe she did something to strike out her name....I don't know. PLEASE let her still be here, or at least lemme know what happened. I missed her. Ever so much...."The Real Rayne". I don't want her to be gone again already!! >_<

~Other raYne

Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

06-10-2014, 04:50 AM

If i'm honest your signature's too long, it's quite a lot of hassle to scroll through a thread with multiple posts on it like this.

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Rain (06-15-2014)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2014, 06:49 AM

Anyone that knows me OOC (like on Skype) knows I'm a gambler... That rumble/lottery idea is a damn good one. Could even call it Bragging Right (since thats really all it would be for, other than dat $$$.) Maybe the higher the donation we could do something like pick your entry number, or swap entry numbers with a lower donation (if they got a better entry number), or even in cases where health bars are used (which I love in rumbles and gauntlets) maybe it buys them extra health, and so on. So many possibilities with something like that.

I could see something like that going down semi-regularly.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul Heyman's post:
Archie Lawson (06-10-2014), Rain (06-15-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2014, 11:09 AM

(06-10-2014, 04:43 AM)raYne Said: Okay, a few things. Firstly, I just donated another fifty. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this to hopefully, simply motivate others, and I DO NOT MEAN that damn much, just pitch in whatever you can. Secondly, as Swag said, the ban-related feature would ONLY apply to 'minor infractions', so it wouldn't reach the level you mention. Just the little things....clearly, the hassle I caused last year wouldn't be negotiable. DEFINITELY got the medicine I needed >.<

And another point, I love the restricted access idea. Both the restriction as it pertains to a slimmed down board, as well as Arch's regarding the signature. I'm sure a few people wish I had such a restriction >< ...But yeah, it'd certainly cut back on costs, and award those that did support the current site. Though, I can also see how that might upset a few people, so the alternative of other rewards would also be a feesible idea.

BTW, quick, open-question. IS my current sig better than the previous one? I totally understood about that one, I myself knew it'd probably cause a problem, which is why I quickly changed it. But this one....I'll be honest. It brings that certain positivity that I need, because that movie really inspired & motivated me, and I'm hoping it's not TOO lengthy. If it is, lemme know, I'll alter it and switch stuff out. But, as it stands, I think I could definitely run with it for a bit. It keeps me from letting the negative in...

Anywayz, I fuh-reaking ADORE the 'Special Shove-it' idea as well as the gambling idea. Swaggie, you're a genius, bro ^^ I'm thinkin'....how about a lottery? Or something along those lines, some kind of game that could generate revenue. Betting on wrestling pay-per-views w/actual money instead of title shots. Or, perhaps we could have an OOC 'tournament' consisting of polls, such as 'Best Old School Wrestler', 'Tag Teams Through History', something along those lines....maybe even a Mafia-style game?

I ALSO love, love, love the name change idea. I personally would LUUV to have my own uniquely styled name. And...it would not look as most of you may imagine. It wouldn't be all sparkly and bedazzled and glowing hot pink. Remember...raYne is gone [for the most part, though tbh, my OOC self leans MUCH more heavily toward that side than the Reeve side. Which I'm sure can be annoying to many Undecided ]

Now.....my final point, which is actually a question, which is actually kinda depressing, and honestly the main reason I posted this....uhm. Is Kimmy-Ann banned? PLEASE tell me she's not. Sad I was SO glad to realize Kimmy-K was actually Ann, and then, just now....I saw her name crossed out....But THEN, I saw the little activity, glowy notification thingy, and it was lit green, and I was wondering if maybe she's actually on, and maybe she did something to strike out her name....I don't know. PLEASE let her still be here, or at least lemme know what happened. I missed her. Ever so much...."The Real Rayne". I don't want her to be gone again already!! >_<

~Other raYne

Thank you for the continued support.

Also thank you to everyone for continuing to pitch ideas in this thread, to me on messenger, etc...

Yes, Rayne, the sig is a bit much because of the fact that it's so much clutter on top of being so long. You may notice a small number of people might have a "long" sig but it's made that way by maybe 2 or 3 components such as a large picture and a small saying. That's a little easier on the eyes than a bunch of quoted text that people at first glance may think is part of a post. I also don't see the need for the mother bumping heads with the little kid because that has nothing to do with XWF or anything here that I'm aware of. What you may want to do is insert a text box with a scroll bar that allows you to shove a bunch of stuff into it BUT never is actually longer in height than maybe 300px. So, for instance, if your current sig was in that type of scroll box, people would have the option of scrolling your sig's box IF they decide they want to see the entire sig. Does that make sense? Just look up online something about "text areas" or DIV along with something like "scroll: auto" and I think you will find what I'm talking about and can create a box with the MAX HEIGHT of 300px. If you need help, send me a PM and I'll whip up a quick box for you. (or you can just shorten the sig itself if that's easier)

Lastly, yeah I guess Kimmy got banned. I'd rather not go into too many details but she had a bad night last night on Skype in our group chat and started attacking one of our most active RPers while also knowing at least 3 members of staff were in the chat right then with her and basically started trashing XWF as a whole. I didn't ban her, but I can understand why the manager who banned her did ban her. We'll see where that goes or if she even cares to stick around enough to contact me directly, which from her comments in the chat about XWF and about how she prefers other feds, doesn't really make me think she's going to do that. I'm open to whatever, though. You know me.

Hate Post Like Post
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

06-15-2014, 10:39 PM

(06-10-2014, 04:50 AM)Archie Lawson Said: If i'm honest your signature's too long, it's quite a lot of hassle to scroll through a thread with multiple posts on it like this.

Again, I know this is late.....but is the current sig any better? I totally understand all of that, I really am trying, I dunno if it's showing...

(06-10-2014, 11:09 AM)Shane Anonistrator Said: Yes, Rayne, the sig is a bit much because of the fact that it's so much clutter on top of being so long. You may notice a small number of people might have a "long" sig but it's made that way by maybe 2 or 3 components such as a large picture and a small saying. That's a little easier on the eyes than a bunch of quoted text that people at first glance may think is part of a post. I also don't see the need for the mother bumping heads with the little kid because that has nothing to do with XWF or anything here that I'm aware of. What you may want to do is insert a text box with a scroll bar that allows you to shove a bunch of stuff into it BUT never is actually longer in height than maybe 300px. So, for instance, if your current sig was in that type of scroll box, people would have the option of scrolling your sig's box IF they decide they want to see the entire sig. Does that make sense? Just look up online something about "text areas" or DIV along with something like "scroll: auto" and I think you will find what I'm talking about and can create a box with the MAX HEIGHT of 300px. If you need help, send me a PM and I'll whip up a quick box for you. (or you can just shorten the sig itself if that's easier)

Lastly, yeah I guess Kimmy got banned. I'd rather not go into too many details but she had a bad night last night on Skype in our group chat and started attacking one of our most active RPers while also knowing at least 3 members of staff were in the chat right then with her and basically started trashing XWF as a whole. I didn't ban her, but I can understand why the manager who banned her did ban her. We'll see where that goes or if she even cares to stick around enough to contact me directly, which from her comments in the chat about XWF and about how she prefers other feds, doesn't really make me think she's going to do that. I'm open to whatever, though. You know me.

First off....the pic was not of a 'mother'. It was Selena Gomez, the little gal's sister in the movie 'Ramona and Beezus', a film based on the book by Beverly Cleary. The book inspired me as a child, my mom reading it to me. I watched the movie for the first time a few days ago, it inspired me even moreso now. It had nothing to do with XWF directly, but the words, the scenes....It inspired me. Nothing more, nothing less. That's why I included the quotes. Also, Selena Gomez was the gal who sang 'Who Says', the theme Ann used for Kimmy. So, after what happened, I felt it was appropriate. However, the text box idea is brilliant. I've saved that idea to a file, and I'll be using that, so THANK YOU. Ever so much, Shane-o-mac Anon. BTW....I just finally got on Skype, for a moment, just to send her a message.......is her personal account 'lovesmareo', or is that just the one she used for XWF? Because I'm worried she won't get back on there.....

Hate Post Like Post