Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 01:39 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a good feud going with somebody using our forms (just some tips)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Week 1: Decide who you might want to feud with. Send in ONE attack (or segment of some kind that relates to the person) using our forms. Watch it play out. Watch how (if at all) that victim reacts after the show.

Week 2: Depending on how they reacted, follow it up! Did they IGNORE you altogether and act like the attack never happened? Looks like now it's time to send in something twice as attention grabbing and brutal. Last time, was it an attack backstage? Ok, well this time send in a match-ending interference AND confront them backstage after to slap them in their face and tell them they better like it. Alternatively, if the person DID react and get upset (in character) about the attack, then I suggest sending another attack AND sending a counter attack to protect yourself if he's planning to return the favor this week.

Week 3: Now it's time to start requesting your first (if you haven't yet faced them) match with this person... make some challenges on the Fight forum or the news forum... start bragging about how you've been doing whatever you've been doing for the last 2 weeks to this guy. MAKE them have no choice but to address you now and accept a match, but keep it a simple 1 on 1 match... don't be pulling some crazy ass exploding ropes, lubricated canvas match out on your FIRST match... let it be a standard match but SEND IN STUFF for it!!! PLAN on having this be the setting where the next part of your feud plays out; don't look at it as a match. Put more stock into what happens right at the end or right after the match. Expect to be attacked, expect to be counter attacked... maybe even expect a friend of that opponent to come and attack you that night.

Week 4: This is where it really starts getting interesting. Now you're close to a month in, have gone back and forth with each other, and had 1 match that most likely only added gasoline to the fire. By now, if I have to keep laying out the exact details of what to do, there is a problem. The rest should take off from here naturally and you now have a feud that you can run for many more weeks or months to come IF you so choose.

Obviously there can be many variations of anything above, but that is all what came to me off the top of my head when I started typing. There are TONS of ways to force a feud to begin, and usually you DO NOT have to plan it OOC first. You aren't supposed to have to plan it OOC first.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Ezekiel Carter-Williams V (02-04-2014), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (02-04-2014)
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-04-2014, 10:41 AM

Not so much form related, but another important part of creating a good feud/storyline is getting to know the character you want to feud with. Anyone can send in a random attack, and set up a revenge match etc, but that's almost a lazy tactic when we're playing a game like this where everyone is offering so much information and content to be used.

Some of my favourite rping here, for example, was with Mark Flynn. We never needed to expressly have an out and out rivalry, because we knew how to use eachother's characters, and so whether it was tagging or facing eachother, we were never short of material. Knowing the other person's character allows you to add a level of depth to your feud that just isn't there any other way.

You can get to know your character's 'enemies' just as easily as you can get to know his/her allies, and draw just as much from that.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-04-2014, 10:53 AM

Definitely good advice and very true. There are many ways to bump up your feud into a Big Poppa Pump sized rump... ok, I'm not sure where I'm going with that.

But yeah, doing your homework pays of HUGE. If it helps to think of yourself as a stalker for a week or two before you even strike this person, then do that... get some dirt on them, get used to how they act and react... you'll really be able to push each other's buttons that way.

If anyone else has some tips for such things, you're welcome to add them here. Might as well use this thread to bounce ideas around.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Great Buzzard Eli James IV (02-04-2014)
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

02-04-2014, 11:13 AM

A perfect example of that was my feud with JTC when I first started. I took a lot of time online just reading his bio and reading his past RPs getting as much dirt as possible before doing my debut attack on him and my RPs on him so that I could do the best I could at getting into "his head" and it was the beginning of what was a trilogy and an awesome feud between the two that lasted for months (including the back and forth between the two between matches, such as JTC had the whole storyline where his daughter vanished, and then I went to his handler and we discussed Andrew kidnapping her, and thus led to that final match in the Hell In The Cell). Everything stated in this thread is definitely true and should definitely be looked at by newcomers and vets alike to get the best out of any potential feuds. Just remember to keep it within the rules.

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Or just have Madison steal your face of Shane .

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frodo mother fucking Smackins's post:
Andrew Morrison (02-04-2014)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Wasn't even my idea/writing.
Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-04-2014, 02:26 PM

It doesn't matter, Maddy. It was my Fleshlight, and you're wearing it on your face like a mask.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-04-2014, 09:53 PM

That's so hot.

Hate Post Like Post