Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 10:56 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Perception vs Reality
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-17-2014, 06:03 PM

People say that power, fame and fortune can all change you, that going from the shadows to the forefront will inevitably, no matter how hard you may try and fight it, turn you into someone you don’t want to be. On November 30th, 2013 Theo Pryce woke up in his Paradise Hills mansion as one of the newest members of the XWF roster and the newest member of the vaunted Black Circle. The only enemies he had were those he inherited due to his new affiliation with the group everyone loves to hate.

Flash forward to the end of the night and Theo Pryce, now having beaten XWF Legend John Madison to become the new King of the XWF is being cheered by fans alike and congratulated by various members of the XWF roster. Things like “Finally, a respectable King” and “Congrats Theo, now that’s a King I can respect.”

“Congrats Theo, now that’s a King I can respect. “The words were spoken by the always self contradicting Peter Gilmour. Let’s focus on the second part of that for a second, “A King I can Respect.”

But why? Why was Theo a respectable King and John Madison not? Both were members of The Black Circle, both had been kicked off of Welfare by that insolent dolt Giovanni Ferrari. Theo having paid his way onto the Madness Roster was out of a job for all of about 15 seconds. So what made Theo different than John Madison? Why was John Madison a tyrant and Theo respectable? The answer is pretty simple.

Nothing.

Theo Pryce on November 29th 2013 is the same guy as Theo Pryce on January 16th 2014. The exact same guy with the only exception being that Theo went from being a mid card wrestler to one of the faces of the XWF Franchise. That’s it. That’s the only thing that has changed. And yet suddenly Theo is no longer a respectable King. In fact, now he is looked at with the same vitriol as the man he took the crown from.

So again I say, what is different? What has changed? Theo is still a member of the Circle, same as John Madison, Theo has defended the title while others skirt their duties. The tag team titles have been defended once since Theo became the King and that was only because Theo earned a shot at them. The trios titles? Yet to be defended since the current title holders won them, and yet Theo is only a few days away from defending his crown for the second time in 3 weeks. But Theo is no longer a respectable King. And that’s ok with Theo. Theo isn’t nor has he ever been concerned with the thoughts and feelings of others, in fact Theo views people’s feelings as something that gets in the way of peoples true desires. People allow their inner self to control what they really want, it is a weakness of the human condition, one Theo has thankfully been able to avoid thus far in his life.

But back to the point, if the crown has not changed Theo then why is the way he is being perceived by the other rosters in the XWF the complete opposite of what it was prior to his ascension to the top of the federation?

Again, another easy question begets yet another easy answer.

Jealousy, another one of humanity’s famous flaws; the crown doesn’t make the man but it does change the way people view the person wearing it. People inherently want what they don’t have. And while some will do what is necessary to acquire it, others are more comfortable sitting back and trying to take down the king, some with their actions, most with their words. You see, it’s easier to complain than it is to confront. It’s easier to criticize than it is to correct. Theo has never been one to back down from a challenge and while various members of the XWF roster will continue to run their mouths with little to no action behind them, Theo will go out and he will defend the crown, he will continue to ignore his detractors and go out and do what he does best. He will back up his words.

“So tell me Jimmy. It’s been two days. What have you found out about my opponent on Monday night?”

“Well his name is Haden Oliver Thomas…”

“Yeah Jimmy, I know that. In fact I told you that. I pay you for this kind of investigative work? Seriously? I could have told my dog Apollo to go out into the back yard and he could have dug up something more useful than this.”

“Well I wasn’t done sir.”

“Not yet you aren’t. What else have you got Dick Tracy?”

“Dick who?”

“Wow. Just tell me about this Haden guy before I throw you out the goddamn window.”

“He’s from Las Vegas, started his own company, which is now worth millions.”

“Not impressed here Jimmy.”

“Well he owns a few different smaller companies and hotels and is an investor in a bunch of other businesses. He likes to go out and party, flaunt his money. Very recently he spent the night with a married woman.”

“Whoa, how did you come by that info?”

“I had Ray tail him.”

“Holy shit Jimmy. Look at you, using company resources without asking. I would drop kick you if I wasn’t so damn proud of you right now. I feel like a father when his kid uses the toilet for the first time on their own. Here Jimmy, have a $100.00 bill.”

Theo reaches into his pocket pulls out a wad of cash, takes his gold money clip off and pulls out a $100.00 bill and throws it at Jimmy. The bill, obviously having little to no weight behind it falls roughly 3 feet short of where Jimmy is sitting and lands on the floor.

“Seriously Jimmy, take the money, don’t just leave it there. Margarita the cleaning lady will pocket it faster than you can say enchilada.”

Jimmy reaches down to the floor and picks up the money and puts it in his pocket. “Thank you sir.”

“What else have you got Detective?

“That’s about it actually. Oh, he doesn’t want to buy the XWF, he wants to invest in it. He wants to be a partial owner and he believes that joining the federation as a wrestler will help to increase the value.”

“So what you are saying is that this rich bitch sees a guy like me, a billionaire, playboy join a company like the XWF and quickly make it to the top and he thinks “Hey, if he can do it, why can’t I? “Is that what you are saying Jimmy?”

“Yes I guess to an extent I am.”

“This guy is basically a shitty version of me. He’s the Pepsi Zero to my Pepsi Max. He’s a wannabe. And worse off, he doesn’t even realize it. But you know what, I’m not mad. After all, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And honestly, who wouldn’t want to be me?”

“I have no idea sir.”

“The answer is no one Jimmy. Everyone, given the chance, even if for a day would want to be me. You know what Jimmy? That gives me a great idea.”

“It does?”

“Sure does. Find me the most pathetic, disgusting looking homeless man and I am going to let him be the “King for a Day”.”

“What does that mean?”

“I have no fucking idea, it’s just something I’ve heard before. It sounds like some stupid charity thing.”

“Well then how are we going to do it if we have no idea what it is?”

“That’s what I pay you for Jimmy. Go use Google, everyone else does. Why can’t we just find some homeless guy, clean him up a bit, give him a haircut, buy him some Wendy’s, dollar menu only though and maybe some money for some booze and call it a day? What is so hard about that?”

“Nothing sir, is that what you want to do? Usually you try and avoid charity of any kind.”

“What are you saying Jimmy? Are you saying that I’m not charitable, that I am greedy? Didn’t I just give you $100?”

“No sir, that’s not what I’m saying. I was simply saying…I mean, what I was saying was…”

“Calm the fuck down Jimmy. I’m just breaking your balls. I know I’m not charitable. Charity is for people to pathetic to do for themselves. But you know what, just this once, I am going to do something good. I am going to make sure a drunken homeless man can buy the booze of his choice. I am going to make a homeless man smile. Hopefully he has some teeth.”

“Ok sir, I will get right to work on this and I will find you a homeless guy so he can be the “King for a Day.”

“Wonderful. And make sure he has teeth.”

“Yes sir.” Jimmy flips over his legal pad to write something down. “Has teeth. Got it.”

Fin.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Frodo mother fucking Smackins (01-17-2014), Morbid Angel (01-17-2014)