Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:30 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Any Given Night
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-06-2020, 07:17 PM

I awoke inside the trainer's room, a medical professional tending to my injuries. My brain felt like a scrambled egg(and it wasn't from smoking pot), as memories of my assault filled my head through vague flashes of random images.

Chairshot to the head.

Gilly Cutter.

Getting the shit slapped out of me.

Getting the shit kicked out of me.

I wasn't sure if it was all the blows to the head, but I also recalled Shane dishing out some sort of video game style maneuver. It was impressive to see the former owner pull something besides shit out of his ass, even if it WAS at my expense. Shane accomplished more in one punch than he did his entire time as owner............not like that's saying much.

I wanted to be angry at the events following my squash of Finn Kuhn, but I just couldn't be. Having the Universal Champion attack me after my match means I've made it and he's taken notice. This was officially the big time. The Engineer would argue otherwise, claim my beating was nothing more than a message to Ned, but I know the truth........... He's scared. Engy saw how easily I dispatched of my opponent tonight and realized his fall girl didn't stand a chance. He knows that this tournament is mine to lose; the thought of me winning and earning a shot at his belt has him shaking in his boots. But the truth is, there's no reason for him to be afraid at all...................... because NED KAYE is gonna take Engy's Title welllllllll before I get MY shot!

"I'm gonna have to stitch you up."

The trainer's words broke the mini Promo I had been cutting in my head. They must've really rattled my noggin, as I had completely forgotten where I was. Before me stood the trainer, a needle in hand and an annoyed look on her face.

"If you must," I blankly responded, staring ahead into nothingness. The trainer rolled her eyes before sewing me up like a ripped teddy bear.

I was 7 years old the first time I got stitches. My family was outside and I was in the house, upstairs all alone. I had just got done taking a pee when a feeling of dread came over me. Being an irrational child, I was afraid a monster would get me, so I darted down the stairs. I ended up losing my footing and sliced the corner of my eye on the metal part of the railing on my way down. My fear of stitches went away with the four I received that day; and while there may not have actually been a monster upstairs that day, it didn't mean they don't exist. For I have seen the monster, and his name is Engineer.

"And that's the last one," the trainer said with a sigh of relief, breaking my reminiscence. She didn't seem to have very good bedside manner for someone who treats the injured for a living, but I could only assume it was due to my past. Having to fix up a man who grabbed a woman by the hair for a TV Title shot was almost the equivalent of a Jewish doctor treating a Nazi.

"I appreciate it," I thanked with a genuine smile. "Next time I get jumped, I'll try to win." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. She wasn't amused, giving me one of those blatantly sarcastic smiles where her eyes close and mouth touches each ear; before leaving the room. It was hard to escape my past, all I could do was build a better future. That's what March Madness was all about, and I took a big step forward by winning tonight. Nobody could take that away from me. Not The Engineer, not Shane , and certainly not any pathetic fool stupid enough to follow them.

I hopped on down from the table and tried my best to find my bearings. My balance was certainly off, proving it was alot easier to sit in a spot than stand in one. After a few moments of testing my equilibrium, I finally was able to walk back and forth without stumbling around like a drunk. Just in the nick of time, as Steve Sayors entered the room with a cameraman following close behind.

"You always pick the worst times to interview me," I pointed out, working out a kink in my shoulder.

Steve shot back with a sly grin. "At least you won, right?"

I responded with a grin of my own. "Yeah, you got me there," I turned from Steve to the cameraman, noticing it was the same one from my last interview. "You haven't killed yourself yet?"

"Wh-why would I do that?!?!" he burst out in offence.

I shrugged, hoping the joke didn't go over anybody else's head. "It's just old Blackwater stuff," I explained, before turning back to Steve. "I assume you have some questions for me?"

Steve didn't answer verbally, instead he pulled a microphone from behind his back and got into position next to me in front of the camera. His giddiness made it obvious he appreciated the opportunity to interview me without the threat of bodily harm. Unlike the woman who worked on me, you could tell Steve truly believed I'd changed for the better. Considering I planned to have more interviews than injuries, that was alright by me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here with Big D," Sayors began with his usual line. "Earlier in the night, you picked up an impressive victory over Finn Kuhn to advance to the next round of March Madness. However, you didn't have much time to celebrate as you were blindsided shortly after by the Engineer and company. Should we expect any sort of retaliation on your part? Perhaps this coming Warfare?"

"Retaliation?" I repeated, thinking the question over for a moment. "Oh, there will be retaliation, just not in the conventional sense.

"What do you mean?"

"I COULD wait for the Engineer to be all by himself and strike back ten fold," I began, enjoying the idea of smashing Engy's face repeatedly into a dirty urinal. "But I don't think he does ANYTHING without Shane by his side! Hell, Shane probably holds his dick for him while he pisses!"

"But it doesn't matter," I continued, eyes dead set on the camera lens. "I'm gonna play nice for once. As much as I WANT to smash Shane's hand with a chair while it's grasping Engy's schlong, I'm not going to. Instead, I'm gonna let karma do its job and leave our beef for inside the ring! I won't stoop to their level when I've already beaten Gilly. All the Gilly Cutters in the world can't change the fact that when it mattered, he faltered. The only person Peter Gilmour is a 'threat' to is himself!"

"Shane isn't worth my time. I've made so many shit jokes about him that it's surpassed the amount of sexual encounters he's HAD with shit!" I held up a finger. "That's one more for those of you counting at home."

"Then there's the Universal Champion................................... I liked Lux. She was strange, gave me a concussion(in a LEGITIMATE match, at least), and turned down being my partner for the Tag Team Tournament last year. But I still respected her. She was one of a handful of people I would've helped out in a bind, the others being Ned Kaye and Sarah Lacklan. Ned because I respected him for his performances against me, and Sarah because she essentially won me my first Universal Title shot. The ironic thing was, those were the only other people I asked to team with me, but they also declined for one reason or another. Ned had no plans to participate in the Tournament; and Lacklan told me she had already had a partner and that I'd have to find someone else to carry me."

"Anyway, my point is, Lux was a tremendous competitor, oozing with substance. That TV Title reign certainly will go down in history as one of the greatest XWF has ever seen, and, strangely, I'm proud to have been a part of it in a small capacity. When she chose to give up that belt for a shot at the Universal Championship, it was hard NOT to have high hopes for her next run."

"But then the Engineer came into play................."

I paused for a moment, thinking about how quickly everything changed.

"Shane poisoned Lux's mind with bullshit, and it hasn't recovered since. While it was bad enough she won the belt from XWF's version of Jeff Hardy at Victory Road, things were only gonna get worse. With The Engineer in control, the Universal Championship has lost all prestige. If it wasn't for Ned stepping up for, not only himself, but the entire COMPANY we'd be seeing Robbie Bourbon lose for a second Pay-per-view in a row! But that's the plan, right? Defend the Title against second rate competition to ensure you have a longer reign than Robert Main? PA-thetic. The Engineer's a fucking idiot if he doesn't think people can't see his plan. Then again, he probably doesn't give a shit. Whatever. All I know is he better reevaluate who he considers easy competition, because I GUARANTEE you had Kenzi Grey actually ACCEPTED his challenge, she would've embarrassed his ass! That's okay, though, because he's gonna learn that lesson once he steps into the ring with Ned. If Engy thinks for a second attacking me is gonna soften up Ned, he's got another thing coming!"

"And then there's Madison Dyson.........."

Before I could continue, Steve Sayors held his finger to his earpiece and listened to someone speak on the other end. He nodded, before turning back to me.

"Sorry to interrupt, Big D," he apologized, a serious look on his face. "But they just finished the drawing for the next round."

"Oh good," I exhaled. "Pleeeeeease tell me I'm facing Dyson."

Sayors shook his head, causing my heart to sink. Madison Dyson delivered the slap heard 'round the world and I was eager to return the favor. But alas, it would have to wait until March Madness, hopefully in the Finals. Knocking her off to become King of XWF would be the ultimate middle finger to the Universal Champion and everyone who associated with him.

Well, who is it, then?" I asked, impatiently.

"Atara Themis."

That's what was so strange about this business: sometimes we fight people we absolutely despise and legitimately want to hurt, and other times we face people we have nothing against, but stand in the way of our success. This was a case of the latter.

"Well, Big D, what are your thoughts about facing Atara?" Steve anxiously asked.

"That's not an easy question to answer, Steve," I said, thinking about the only interaction I'd ever had with Atara. It was shortly after the spots inside the Elimination Chamber Matches for the Christmas Warfare were announced. I was infuriated over the random nature of the selection process(which wasn't a first) and went on Twitter to rant about it. Most of the people on there ignored my words, a few mocked me, but there was ONE person who tried to fix the situation by offering up their spot. That person? Atara Themis.

"Atara Themis tried giving me a Christmas present," I said, confusing the hell out of Sayors. "Despite having the opportunity of a lifetime, she was willing to give it up to fix the injustice that had been bestowed upon me. As much as I WANTED to take it, knowing damn well I deserved to be in that match more than EVERYONE else who lucked their way in, I just couldn't."

"Why not?"

"Because then I would've been no better than The Engineer," I explained. "If I took Atara's spot in the Main Event, I would've been the personification of everything I hate. NFM, Big Evil, all the enemies of my past who refused to step aside for two seconds to give someone else the chance to show the world they have what it takes. Even though I knew her chances of winning were slim to none, I wasn't gonna rob her of the opportunity to prove me wrong. It would've been no different than what happened to me, and I wasn't gonna put someone through that for my own selfish reasons. Even back then, I was above doing something THAT low."

Steve seemed impressed. I wasn't sure if it was by the answer itself, or the fact that even at my worse I wouldn't steal a Title shot from someone else. Not without EARNING it, at least.

"You said Atara had no chance of winning the Chamber match....."

"Ah, ah!" I interrupted. "LITTLE to no chance. Any given night, anyone can pull off a victory under the right circumstances, Steve."

"Right," Sayors said before correcting himself. "Little to no chance........... do you feel that way about THIS match?"

"Honestly? No, I don't," I responded, surprising the interviewer. "The more bodies you add to a match, the lower your odds are of walking away with a victory. Add in the fact that Atara's improved every single day since she's arrived, learning from both her wins AND losses, and I'd say giving her a 50/50 chance to beat me is more than fair."

"But here's the thing," I continued, my demeanor beginning to reflect how serious I was gonna take this challenge. "I'm NOT red-X, just like SHE'S not Finn Kuhn. We both had some pretty easy competition tonight, but that all changes once the next Savage rolls around. I know Atara's looking for that big, signature victory to skyrocket her career, much like winning the Xtreme Title did for me, but, unfortunately for her, I can't allow that to happen at my expense. Atara has a bright future ahead of her and I'm sure she'll win her first Championship alot sooner than I did, but that moment will have to wait just a LITTLE bit longer."

"I've got so many things on my mind, Steve..........the Engineer and his Universal Title, reminding Madison Dyson that the Nazis LOST World War 2, and showing the world that Big D TRULY IS a Main Event player. ALL of that goes through March Madness. If I allow Atara Themis, or anyone else for that matter, to defeat me, I'll be right back where I was a month and a half ago..........NOWHERE! And I'll tell you what, I'm sick and tired of not living up to my potential and I'm sure everyone else around here is, too. I've always proven I can talk the talk, now it's time to walk the walk. I didn't come out of retirement to get my ass kicked and collect a paycheck, I did it to put my name in the record books as one of the best! I've already come a long way, but it'll NEVER be enough until I can hoist the Universal Championship high above my head in victory. And that ain't no story, it's the Cold Big D Truth!"

"Thank you, Big D."

I made my way past the cameraman and out the door. As I made my way for the parking lot, I couldn't stop thinking about my next opponent. Though I meant everything I said about her potential, the douchebag side of me wanted to nitpick her flaws.

"She's gonna do it to you," I thought, knowing she'd take every opportunity to tear me a new one.

It was true, despite the bright spots in her career, there were also some equally dark ones. She lost to Geri Miller, for starters. While some people might argue that Geri is the Internet Champion for a reason, that statement is alot less impressive once you realize it's an ANARCHY belt. And sure, I lost to the former Champion who Geri BEAT, but if we're gonna go that route, then I'm better than Atara because I defeated Peter Gilmour. Considering Gilly was essentially wrestling Atara with one hand, that just makes my win twice as good.

Any given night.

I remembered my words to Steve Sayors and stopped with the arrogant thoughts. Even if it was true, it didn't change the fact that anyone CAN win on any particular night, and being a cocky prick would only help to ensure a victory for Atara in two weeks. And if that happens, I have no idea how I'd even be able to show up at March Madness for a non-tournament match.

Guess I'll just have to make sure next Savage is MY night.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Atara Raven (03-07-2020), Madison Dyson (03-07-2020), Ned Kaye (03-07-2020), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (03-06-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (03-08-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-06-2020)