Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 10:13 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
In Hell I'll Be In Good Company
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

08-23-2019, 05:28 AM

Centurion: This is when I hook him under the knee…right there!

(In the XWF, there is no time to sit and reflect. Big matches come at you so quickly that you have to remain on your feet and prepared at all times. Centurion may have just had a barn burner of a match against Ned Kaye, but his next match was even bigger, and could potentially be life changing if everything works out.

We open up inside the Beach Theatre in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Over the years, Centurion may have lost a lot of what he built in his life, but he still had connections that he had established among local business leaders. This was one such example – Beach Theatre, a pre-WWI vaudevillian stage theatre that was turned into a movie theatre sometime in the 40’s. The place is mostly used for special events and showings now, and one such special occasion is Centurion wanting to watch his old matches.

Sitting in the empty theatre is Centurion. We has a bandage above his right eye, the result of the assault he suffered at the hands of K-Money and Juggalo in Ireland. Next to him is his newest tag team partner, Lux, or Corey – it is unknown who is currently fronting in the body as they are clearly tired and bored. Lux has their hand on their chin, leaning against the arm rest of the chair. Centurion, on the other hand, is sitting at the edge of his seat with wide eyes.

On the screen in front of them is a match pitting Centurion against Andrew Gibson. The exact date of the match is unknown – the two fought so many times that it could be any of those instances. Centurion is standing over Gibson, who is flat on his back on the mat, while Centurion holds Gibson’s leg.)

Centurion: A lot of Gibson’s power came from his legs, so I knew I needed to ground him if I wanted to weaken him. He had me scouted pretty good – every time I went for the Fall of Rome, he found a way out of it. So I figured I’d go for knee bars cloverleafs.

(On cue, Match Centurion locks Gibson in a knee bar, as Theatre Centurion pumps his fist. He elbows Lux, who is gets startled, before pointing at the screen.)

Centurion: See, look, I’m making a conscience effort to go directly for the PCL – the back of the knee. When that thing gets rocked, it hurts for a while. It was always a weak spot for the Gibson boys. I don’t know if they had parents with shitty knees, or if they just skipped leg day way too many times, but it was so easy to ground them once you got behind them,

Lux: I have a question.

(Centurion arches his eyebrows as he excitedly looks over at Lux.)

Centurion: Yeah, what’s up?

Lux: What does any of this have to do with our match?

(Centurion arches his eyebrows inward, going from excited to angry. He reaches next to him and picks up a remote – he pauses the match before setting the remote down and turning towards Lux.)

Centurion: It has EVERYTHING to do with our match. We don’t just need to know what are opponents are willing to do – we need to know what each other are capable of. I’ve been watching you and your career, and I have a really good grasp as to your style and what you can do in there, but I want to make sure you have the same knowledge of me.

Lux: You’re like, one of the most known and recognizable wrestlers in XWF history. EVERYONE knows you and your style.

Centurion: Yeah…but do you truly KNOW me?

(Centurion widens his eyes and swiftly moves his face close to Lux’s. Lux looks back, not scared or annoyed, but just confused.)

Centurion: I’m a crazy son of a bitch sometimes. Completely unpredictable.

Lux: You’re the most predictable person on the planet, and if they were, I would still already know. Hell, I know how you die.

Centurion: Pfft, so do I. Double tap (taps the back of his head) pow pow! Right in the back of the head. Probably by an ex-lover or someone I owe money to.

(Lux looks impressed. They don’t let on that Centurion’s right, or that he even got close, but Centurion’s casual response catches Lux off guard. Centurion turns to the back of the theatre.)

Centurion: (yelling) WALT! Put on one of those Hunter Ryan matches!

(From behind, Walter Crowe’s head can be seen peaking out of the upper area where the film projector is. He yells back down to Centurion.)

Walter: (yelling) I’m sick of watching Hunter Ryan matches, and I’m honestly getting sick of looking at your face!

(Centurion smiles and nudges Lux next to him.)

Centurion: That’s what my ex-wife used to say.

Lux: Which one?

(Centurion glares over at Lux before standing up.)

Centurion: I’m going to make some popcorn. These are some lengthy matches with a lot of stuff going on. Anything I can get you?

Lux: A blanket and a pillow?

(Centurion reaches over and pats Lux on the shoulder.)

Centurion: Hilarious.

(Centurion walks up the aisle as Lux sighs and puts their head down in the chair. Centurion walks out of the theatre and into the lobby, where Walter also stands. Centurion walks behind the counter and begins making popcorn as Walter points to the bandage above Centurion’s eye.)

Walter: You may want to take a break. You haven’t rested since you came home, and Lux is clearly bored out of his mind.

Centurion: Her. Please. Respect her pronouns.

Walter: Fine…Lux is clearly bored out of her mind. You’re not breaking any new ground here. Just call it a day.

Centurion: I’m fine. You seriously need to stop being so concerned all the time. I knew what I was getting into. I’m entering a brutal stretch of my career, but it’s nothing I haven’t done before. Remember when I used to wrestle on both Massacre AND Anarchy?

Walter: Yes, it was great when you were 29…

Centurion: You bring up my age one more time, I’m tossing you through the front window!

(The usually jolly Centurion has a very seriously look on his face as he points at Walter. Walter backs down, clearly seeing he pushed one too many buttons.)

Centurion: Besides, we’re talking about title matches here. Universal and tag titles on the line next week, a chance at the Hart Title a week after that, PLUS getting the chance to beat the piss out of Shane ? This is what I’ve dreamed of for YEARS, Walter. This kind of opportunity doesn’t come around all the time.

(As Centurion says his peace, his phone lets off a tone. He reaches into his pocket and checks his messages.

Quote:Drew Archangel (Apex Dude)
Traitor!

Centurion just shakes his head as he sets his phone down on the counter.)

Walter: What was that?

Centurion: It’s Drew. All the Apex boys have been giving me hell the past few weeks, knowing that I’m teaming with Lux. They’re just a little salty, is all.

Walter: Are they salty? Or are they just plain mad?

Centurion: If they were mad, they wouldn’t text me at all. These guys love to screw around. For the next week or so, I’m going to be their hated enemy, but they’re not taking it seriously, and neither am I. It’s all in good fun, Walt! Now get back upstairs and load up those Hunter Ryan matches. Lux is in for an education today.

(The sound of popping popcorn begins to drown everything out as Walter just shakes his head and slowly walks away. Centurion picks his phone back up in order to text Drew back.

Quote:Me:
[Image: Salt.png]

------Oh Lord, I Ain’t Coming Home With You------

I am a master of destruction! I am here to bring pain and anguish to James Raven and Robert Main! I will tear them limb from limb, leaving nothing for the morgue to identity them with! After years of being held down by management, I’m finally hear to make Main and Raven my bitch!

…that’s how this is supposed to be done, right? Big title match, main event, lots at steak…I’m supposed to be all angry and vengeful and promise the demise of my enemies, right?

Sorry, that’s not really my style, especially against two people I consider friends. Robert Main, I’ve only known for a little bit, but he’s cool. He’s like, the moral compass of Apex Prophecy. He’s the one that makes sure everyone else doesn’t do really stupid shit, which is hilarious because that used to be my job. I guess when you get older, you stop really thinking about the bad things that can happen to you.

And James Raven, well, that would be beating a dead horse if I talked about my history with him. Let’s just say, there are very few people in this industry who I am closer with than Jimmy. He’s always done things the right way, and I respect the hell out of him, not just as a competitor, but as a person.

So, you may be asking yourself, why am I in this tournament? Why did I decide to team with Lux? Why would I willingly put myself in a situation where I know I would eventually have to face my friends in order to take their titles? Well, the answer is simple…

…Lux asked.

Just because I’m friends with people and just because I am in a stable with them, doesn’t mean I’m beholden to them. This isn’t some sneak attack. This isn’t some underhanded tactic to try and get an upper hand. A tournament for the tag team titles was announced – Apex was going to defend their belts anyway. If that’s the case, then why not put myself forward as an option, especially if I get the opportunity to tag with an up and coming superstar like Lux. I have heaped lots of praise on Lux in the past, and now I get to see up close their skills. It’s not a personal thing. It’s not a “I NEED those titles” thing. It’s simply a “if you’re going to defend them anyway, why not against me?” kind of thing…

…at least, that was my rationale when I signed up. Now that the random draw has been made and I see the stipulations behind this match…needless to say, some things have changed.

My number one goal was to win the tournament and walk out as one half of the tag team champions? Now? Now I see I have the opportunity to win the Universal Title…and that’s an opportunity I didn’t see myself getting. Every single wrestler who fights me mocks me by saying “you’ve never won a Universal Title.” And now, here I am, standing across the ring from two friends of mine, one of them holding the biggest belt in the federation, and the belt is on the line? Well, to say my strategy has changed would be an understatement.

I know, I’m not supposed to say that. I’m supposed to say that I’m “keeping focused on the task at hand” and that my number one priority is winning the tag belts and moving on in the tournament. That’s what everyone would say…but no one would be honest about it. Every single wrestler in mine and Lux’s shoes will be thinking the same exact thing – screw the tag belts, the Universal Title is up for grabs!

I must say, what an awesome strategy. I don’t know if this was Theo Pryce’s idea, Vinnie Lane’s idea, or if Raven and Main came up with it themselves, but putting the Universal Title on the line has completely changed the dynamic of this tournament. Every team that comes into the tournament thinking they were inseparable will suddenly have their loyalties challenged when they realize only one of them could win the Universal Title. How are Fuzz and Noah Jackson going to coexist when only one of them can become the ultimate champion? Given their personalities, I highly doubt it’ll end well.

I will say this, though – Lux is a very smart person. And while I have no doubt they will do whatever they can in order to win the match, if it comes down to the two of us…I think Lux will let me get the pin on Main. Why? Is it out of respect? Letting your elders go in front of you? Ha! Absolutely not.

It’s because Lux already has a Universal Title match guaranteed. Whether it’s Robert Main, or it’s Centurion that they face, they’re still in that match; however, if I pin Robert Main, Lux not only still has the Universal Title shot, but they also become one half of the tag team champions. Make sense? Either way, Lux walks out of this match a winner. Of course, we’re also going to be smart. If neither of us can’t get the pin on Main, but Raven is in position to take a fall, then absolutely we’ll take the victory.

Oh, I’m sorry, am I getting ahead of myself? Do I sound a little cocky? Sorry, but if you were expecting a “woe is me” promo out of me, that’s not going to happen. I can respect the hell out of Main and Raven while also feeling confident in my abilities.

Besides, I know I’m an underdog here. I’m going to be “the forgotten person” in this match. I’ve already been called the “weakest member of Apex Prophecy” numerous times by numerous people. Like I haven’t heard it before. I was called the weakest member of The Wildcards, the weakest member of New Dynasty, and the weakest member of The Prophecy, as well. I let it run off my back, because it’s usually said by people who don’t have the skills to even be considered a member of any of those groups, and 9 times out of 10, I end up beating those people, and they’re never seen again.

But, I’m on a hot streak. In fact, I’m currently churning out the best performances of my career. What I knew in my heart going into this comeback has been proven many times since – I’m not a nostalgia act. I’m a top contender in this federation, and now, I’m better mentally, much more skilled, and as strong physically as I’ve ever been. And I stand across the ring from two people who know it’s true.

Main and Raven aren’t going to be prone to hyperbole. They’re not going to resort to the same old attack lines. They’re not going to assume they have this match in the bag because I’m “the forgotten legend”. They’re going to see me as a real threat, and they’re going to bring their A game. That is exactly what I want. If I lose, I want to be able to say I lost to the best while they were at their best, and if I win, I don’t want to hear any excuses about how they “didn’t take me seriously”.

…us. Didn’t take us seriously.

You know what, fuck that. I’m not going to pretend I’m in this match for any reason other than myself. Lux can say the same, as well. We both want to accomplish huge goals in our career, and we each see the other as a great resource to do so. More honesty in pro wrestling would be nice. This way, I don’t have to worry about Lux jumping me after the match and screaming that this “was all my fault”, and there would be crying, and me yelling “how could you” and all the other crap that comes with it.

Robert Main and James Raven are a dream team. There is no doubt about it. If you were to select an “All-XWF” team from the past several eras, those two would probably be on it. James Raven is perhaps the greatest of all time (apologies to Steve and Brand), and Robert’s Universal Title reigns stacks up as one of the most impressive accomplishments in XWF history. I don’t care what some anonymous legends may say – you put Robert Main in any era in the XWF, he would be a top star, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just bitter that their time at the top has come to an end.

All that being said, I’ve always prided myself on taking a swing at those who try to establish themselves at the top. While Cyren was running roughshot over the XWF, I stood up against him. I was the first person to challenge Kitten when everyone said she was unbeatable. I stood face to face with Ranma Saotome, despite everyone saying he could not be stopped. These didn’t always result in victories, but I held my head high knowing I wasn’t going to let people’s perception of me get in the way of a good fight. Robert Main may be unstoppable, and that’s alright. If I don’t take the belt off him, I hope he never drops it. But I sure as hell won’t let this opportunity go to waste. I’m coming at it with everything I’ve got, and if everything goes right, and if it’s the right day, and the moon is in the right position, Robert Main and James Raven may just meet their…

FINAL FANTASY!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Centurion's post:
(08-23-2019), Corey Smith (08-23-2019), Noah Jackson (08-25-2019), Robert "The Omega" Main (08-23-2019), Steve Jason (08-23-2019), Zane Norrison (08-23-2019)