Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:16 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Nothing But Dreams
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-05-2019, 01:42 PM

I wasn't sleeping very well. It wasn't that I couldn't sleep, it was the things that kept happening in my dreams. Everytime my eyes would close, my mind would drift. Images of Lux and his stupid game show, flashes of my opponent standing over my limp body, TV Title around their waist. The pain of getting cracked in the skull, not once, but TWICE. As much as Lux's kicks damaged my body, the mental result of all the abuse hurt three times as much. And it was hard to get over.

I sat up in bed after having my most recent nightmare. As I lit up the prerolled joint on my nightstand to calm my nerves, I thought about it. The TV Title was being held out in front of me, right in my grasp. I kept stretching my arm out to take it and the phantom hand holding the belt would pull it just out of my reach. Everytime I'd nearly miss taking the title the hand would inch back, further after each failed attempt, until it had finally disappear into the dark abyss. I chased after it, running in what seemed like an endless forever, until I was hit with a powerful kick. Almost in slow motion, I dropped to my knees, only to get kicked again. And that's when I woke up.

I puffed on my green, thinking about the actual match itself. There were things I could've done different, moves I should've done and counters that might've made a difference. As bad as my state of mind was, I knew that had a few moments gone differently Lux wouldn't be TV Champion anymore. Lux might not ever admit that but I knew the truth. The fact of the matter was Lux and I both pushed each other to our limits. I might not admit it out loud, but Lux is more worthy of being Universal Champion than Robert Main. And I should take pride in going toe to toe, move for move with a future World Champion.

After smoking my joint down to the roach, I was finally feeling ready to get some Zzs. I put it out, rolled over, and cuddled up with myself. As I slowly drifted to sleep, my next XWF challenge made its way into my mind. A Triple Threat Match with Griffin McAllister and Double G, a potential shot for the Hart Title on the line. It was weird to think I could go from losing a title match for a low tier championship, and go on to win a more coveted prize. Wrestling was strange like that................................

"WHO GOES THERE?!?!?!?!?!"

I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. Standing before me was one of my Warfare opponents, Grappling God, only it wasn't actually him. At least not like the XWF knew him. What literally could be considered a God, Double G sat on a giant throne in front of me, probably 3 or 4 times his actual size. I was so shocked, I didn't know how to respond to his booming voice.

"I said, WHO GOES THERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" he roared once again, rising off of his throne and approaching me.

I take a step back, terrified of the mutant Double G. He was eyeing me up and down, as I stood there trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. This couldn't be real, I hadn't seen it heard from this opponent since the match was announced, but I highly doubted he bulked up THIS much. And yet there he stood.

"I KNOW YOU........" his voice thundered. "YOU'RE BIG D....... THE FAILURE!!!!"

Regardless if his size, I didn't know where he got off calling me a failure. Most people would understand losses in the business happen and you have to pick yourself up to move on. Letting doubters like him get to you is what TRULY sets one up to fail. Despite my extreme disadvantage, I snapped back in defense of myself.

"I am NOT a failure," I screamed at the giant.

"HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA," he laughed in an overexaggerated way, reminding me of Lux's reaction to my War Games team. "YOU FAILED TO BECOME THE TELEVISION CHAMPION! AND NOW YOU STAND BEFORE ME, A GOD, AND THINK YOU CAN COMPETE FOR THE HART TITLE?!?!?!?!"

I felt like the hero of a bad Disney movie, being antagonized by the slick villain. The problem is no-one informed my enemy how those movies usually end.

"Yes I do," I state with my chest puffed in confidence. "You're not Lux, you're just a fraud who calls himself a God! It's not the title that makes the man, or man/woman/thing, it's the person who makes the title! And Lux is more of a World Champion than you will ever be!"

GG did not look amused. His face, entire body was a crimson red with anger as his muscles bulged with strength. He looked at the ground and sighed, before turning and walking for his throne.

"YOU ARE A FOOL, BIG D," he said as he reached behind the chair. "YOUR JOURNEY IS ABOUT TO COME TO A QUICK END AT THE HANDS OF THE GRAPPLING GOD!....."

The monster Double G pulled a sword out from behind the throne. This wasn't no ordinary sword, it was scaled to the size of the Grappling God. I looked around the area. Everything was in a sort of haze, nothing much was even in focus. There was no sign of a single weapon for me to wield to defend myself. I was in trouble.

"PREPARE FOR PERMANENT RETIREMENT!!!!" Double G ordered as he took a swing of his massive sword. I quickly leapt forward and dodged, scanning the area for any sign of hope. GG turned and walked towards me again, a look of intensity of his face. I backed up against his throne, as he came out me with his sword raised above his head. There was nothing I could do. No weapon for me to stand a chance with, no super strength or powers like my opponent somehow had. All I could do was pray.

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN FIT TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS ME!!!!" the God thundered as he brought his sword down. In a moment of desperation, I once again dove out of the way. I looked back and saw Double G's sword strike his throne, going deep into the chair and getting stuck.

My moment of opportunity had arrived, it was now or never. As he struggled to pull his sword out of his seat, I went up to him from behind and wrapped my arms around him as best I could. They barely even made it around his sides, but it didn't matter, he was in my grasp and I wasn't gonna fail. Using all of the strength I could muster, I trusted my hips and lifted him up and over my body, nailing a God-like German Suplex. It all seemed so out of this world, but there I was overpowering my much superior foe. He crashed down hard, instantly rattling him.

"BUT....... BUT HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?!? I'M A GOD!!!!!!!"

In a turn of events, I was feeling more powerful than ever. You could literally see the confidence beaming off of me, as a bright yellow aura surrounded my body. It was like something out of Dragonball Z. I walked over to my shocked enemy, knowing I now had the upper hand.

"What kind of Grappling God uses a sword?................" I asked, looking down upon him. He opened his mouth to yell, but nothing came out. In equally cartoonish fashion as everything else that happened up until this point, I grabbed GG and lifted him above my head. It was as if he was completely weightless.

"........a puny God!!!!" I quoted the Hulk before tossing Double G into the air. He flew far away, much farther than he ever should've gone. His gigantic body floated through the sky until he was long gone and I was left at the scene by myself. I couldn't understand anything, all I knew was I had been victorious. Feeling as I there was nothing left to do, I headed over for the throne. It was now my time to sit upon it, the NEW Grappling God. Before I could make it to the chair, though, everything went black.

There I stood in whatever fantasy world I was in, completely alone and unable to see. I didn't know what to do or where to go, for all I knew, any step could lead me to my doom. After what seemed like years, the darkness began to fade. This time the world around me was revealed to be filled with much more than the Grappling God's.

I was standing in some type of junkyard in the middle of the night. On both sides of me were rows of beat up and broken cars, parts scattered all around. Having enough of the games, I began to walk down one of the rows. It felt like I wasn't making any progress. There were cars I passed that I swore I walked by already, engine blocks with markings I remembered seeing four rows before. It was as if I was trapped in an endless loop of a mechanic's paradise.

"Biiiiiiiiiiiig Deeeeeeeeee."

One of the most chilling voices I had ever heard, the chills shivered from the back of my head all the way down to the tips of my toes. I didn't know where I was or who spoke my name, but I was terrified. There was no-one around what so ever, yet the words felt as if they came from right over my shoulder.

I decided to walk a different route, hoping to find some sort of escape. As I walked down a different row, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It felt like I was being watched.

"Is there anybody out there?" I spoke in the words of Pink Floyd.

"I'm right here........"

I heard a whisper directly in my ear, as if someone's lips were pressed against my lobe. This caused me to jump forward and turn around. Before I could see anything, I was introduced to a hard punch to my gut. I tried to look up but was met with two more fists to my face, which knocked me to the dirt. Wanting to defend myself, I started swinging from my seated position but was shocked to find nothing there.

"What the......" I mumbled to myself. The shots I took were VERY real, but it was as if a ghost had thrown them. Not wanting to give the apparition another opportunity to make me their human punching bag, I got up and continued my search for escape.

"You don't stand a chance..........."

More whispers from the void. As terrifying as the situation was, I had grown tired of the games.

"Only coward's hide in the shadows!!!!" I yelled out at my stalker.

"Who's hiding?....."

All of a sudden the owner of the voice, the perpetrator of my attack, showed himself. Griffin McAllister teleported in front of me, out of nowhere; only like Double G before him, McAllister's appearance was altered. The Mechanic looked like some sort of anime villain, while you could tell who he was, his body seemed almost like a shadow. He blended in with the darkness of the night, the only part of him that stood out were his devilish red eyes.

"What the f.........." I went to respond, but was under attack before I could finish. Griffin clobbered my jaw with a vicious shot from the wrench in his hand that sent a tooth and blood flying from my mouth. I dropped to my knees, in similar fashion as I had against Lux, feeling completely helpless.

"You don't stand a chance against me," hissed the Griffin McAllister figure. "Stay down."

The last thing I was willing to do was stay down. I was already down, not just physically, but mentally too. Things may not have gone according to plan with Lux, but that didn't mean I was going to lay down and die. No, the thing to do, the ONLY option, was to pick myself back up and fight until I couldn't any longer.

"Fuck.......... You............ " I said as I spit out more blood and rose to my feet. The figure seemed a bit shocked, but wasn't gonna back down. Neither was I.

"You're a fool," McAllister insulted as he lifted his wrench wielding arm above his head. As he went to bring it down, I opened both of my hands and caught his wrist, preventing his strike.

"I'm not a fool," I mumbled with tears in my eyes. "I'm just a man on a never ending mission to be the best. And I won't let someone like you stop me from fulfilling my destiny!"

The Mechanic began to laugh, unphased by my response to his attack. The laughter. There it was, AGAIN. Why did everyone laugh at me? My War Games team, the things that I say. What was it about me that made them all bellow out like drunken idiots?

"They laugh at you because you ARE a joke......"

WHAT?! Griffin McAllister could read my mind?! This........ this was unreal....... but I already knew that at this point.............

"Big D, you are the walking, talking joke," McAllister chuckled as he ripped his arm out of my grasp. "Your name is a dick joke. Your War Games team is garbage. You lose as much as you win. Even the 'wins' are meaningless......"

There was nothing I could do, every word the Mechanic said was on repeat in my brain. I wanted to fight him, but my whole body was completely frozen in place. My arms, my legs, no part of me would move despite my will to.

"You are meaningless, Big D," Griffin said through his teeth. His eyes grew brighter as he reached into his boot and pulled out his K-Bar. "And I'm going to end you, once and for all....."

My struggle was useless. No matter how hard I fought, it it felt as if I was tied up with invisible restraints. I felt a sense of fear come over me as I saw The Mechanic come closer, knife pointed in my direction. As he stuck the knife into my chest, I screamed out in agony and........
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I woke up in a cold sweat. It took me a moment, but I realized it was all a dream. There was no ACTUAL Grappling God, no mysterious teleporting Mechanic. They were all figments of the imagination. Not just mine.

People doubted me before my match with Lux. Nobody believed I could beat him or even put up a fight. Now they all expected me to lose to Griffin McAllister and Double G. They got in my head. Everyone's words, no matter how positive I've tried to be, have gotten to me. As much as I want to shut out the voices, I hear them in my sleep. And I'm tired of it, literally.

'You may have won the battle, but I will win the war.'

A famous quote used by many other losers. It was still true, nonetheless. Maybe my War wasn't with LUX, per se, but the battle was. I lost a battle on my way to becoming one of the household names of XWF. But the future was still bright. Even though I didn't win the TV Title, I could still rebound from defeat and win something much more meaningful.

There were just two people in my way. A God. A Mechanic. They may THINK they belong here, but this isn't a grease monkey garage or the top of Mount Olympus. This is the XWF and last I checked, that was a wrestling promotion. Which is exactly where I belong. And I'm gonna sit atop of MY mountain and look down upon the Gods, mechanics, whatever else gets thrown at me. Because I'm GOING to win on Wednesday and move to the top of contention for the Hart Championship. And there's gonna only be dreams from here on out. And that ain't no story, it's the Cold, Big D Truth.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Centurion (05-06-2019), Griffin MacAlister (05-06-2019), Noah Jackson (05-05-2019)