Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 04:55 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Time to Tango
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-24-2018, 05:01 PM

It's 12:30PM, Tuesday. Well, it would have been... I just flew in from New York and the four hour plane ride brought me back to 9:30AM. It's raining, just like in New York. I called for an Uber the second we were out of the terminal. I figured by the time I made it through all the BS and got outside, they would be waiting for me. Then, a quick stop to check in, followed-up with a press conference across town. After that, the rest of the day is free for me to get a feel for the Cali-way air again. It's been a long time, and I can't deny that I was looking forward to coming back. And if things go right, I may be spending a lot of time here.

Even with the dozen journalists piled in the room, it is silent. No discussions, no small talk, no whispers, not even a text. Just several people, patiently awaiting the arrival of their guest. Me. I looked back at my agent and she gave me a wink and a strong, thick fist to the shoulder. I didn't say it out loud, but it hurt. I've always liked the "Strong Women-Type"... This is taking that a bit out of context, though. A nice enough lady who does her job and is always out to make best for her clients, is a cross between Kathy Bates and Dom Deluise. She's about 6'4", has green eyes that often turn red and nearly match the blondish/reddish/grayish hair that she ties back in a bun. Her straight-forward, no back-down attitude almost leaves traces of a military background... Perhaps even drill sergeant some days... The idea, though, was often muffled and distorted by a voice that sounded like a Jar-Jar Binks being choked out.

"Why so nervous?"

She said in her most comforting snuffle. I stretched out the arm that she hit, nonchalantly working away the pain, and shook my head.

"Nervous? I'm not nervous. Just a little jet lagged, maybe."

"You seem nervous. Don't let this get you down. You're on top of the world now."

She was right. I was. After years of putting in the work, it's finally getting noticed by the right people and I'm finally getting some recognition. A "push". It wasn't a couple of days ago when I got the call. Rita did most of the work. Made the right calls and before I knew it, I was booked.

"Guess who's going to Hollywood?!"

I nearly shat on the spot. To be honest, I thought she found me a movie deal.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP! How's the script? Have you seen it? Is it an action? Horror?"

"No script! XWF!! It's a Special Monday Night Savage! They're giving you a Television Title shot!"

While a quick shock of disappoint definitely stung me in the gut, the title shot caught my falling spirits and lifted them back up again.

"Title shot? Television? Me?"

She went on to explain that it seemed like a luck of the draw. I, fo sho, didn't see it coming. I didn't even feel at my top physical condition and ready for a fight... But.... How could I turn down an opportunity like this? I've been atop the Federweight Division for years, winning the title over a half-doze times.... Maybe it's time to pass the torch and move on. Maybe it's time to start headlining shows instead of opening them. Maybe it's time to show the entire XWF World what this vegan can do!

So, needless to say, I agreed to the match and jumped on the next flight to Hollywood. Rita was already out here and it seemed like she was more excited about this whole ordeal than I was. She booked me in a press conference with a bunch of local and major journalists, both in and out of the biz, on the same day that I would arrive. Which.... lands us back here.

"Not nervous."

The beads of sweat pouring off the side of my face would say otherwise, but I stuck to my guns. The man at the pedestal announces my name and with a helpful poke from my agent I was walking out onto the stage.

I wave at the several cameras pointed at me as the flash and capture my photograph. I find my way to my seat past a few other XWF Officials including Jefferson Jackson, the Warfare GM, and Beau Jamison, the Savage GM. I have to blink a few times to get my vision straightened out after looking directly into a few flashes. It's not long after I take my seat that the questions start flying in.

"Calypso! How does it feel to be main eventing a live, main XWF television show for the first time?"

The first time?

"As the seven-time XWF Federweight Champion, it is great to be BACK in the main event."

"Yes, well, I said first LIVE, MAIN XWF show. I believe you've only headlined house shows, correct?"

I look over to JJ and Beau who just look at me and shrug. I look out to Rita who just motions me to keep going. I feel my face turning red, but I suppose I should just answer the guy's question... I was going to until I was interrupted by another.

"Speaking of the Federweight Championship, we've noticed that you haven't been chasing after the title as much as you have in the past. What gives? You claim to be the 'Face of the Place'. The 'Father of All Federweights'. 'Mister Federweight in the Bank'. The 'King of Swinging Federweights'. The 'Boss of Sauce'. 'Federcinni Alfredo'. The 'Sherriff of Federweightham'. Meanwhile, the likes of Mini Morbid and Snow have held the title since you dropped it. Is the Federweight Division becoming a joke once again?"

"The Federweight Division was not and will never be a 'joke', bro. Granted, the seven-times that I've held the title was some of its most glorified moments, but no matter who holds the gold, that title will always hold a special place for me. I am the most Federwettest than any other superstar since Sid Feder himself! A lot of people like to shit on the place. They like to talk down to it, but you know why they do that? Because they can't handle it down there. So, what do people do when they can't beat or don't like something? They make it seem worse than what it is and not worth their time. That's a simple escape and it makes them feel a whole lot better about themselves. I was never chasing the gold down there, brosef. I was reclaiming and saving the division I loved from stupid-times. Am I now ashamed that the title is held by some little red monster? Some little Lucha bastard that I have on more than one occassion kicked a distance? Of course not. The guy is a son of a bitch and I appreciate what little legitimacy he does carry in his little body."

"Do you think you can handle the competition in the Television Title Division? It's a large step-up from the competition you're used to fighting for the Federweight."

Nigga please.

"Absolutely. Do you not recall my debut match in the XWF? It wasn't at some house show or untelevised event.... It was November 19, 2014.... Wednesday Night Warfare.... Long before my long tirade through the Federweight Division."

"Where you defeated Ghost Tank in a Meat Hook Match?"

"That's the one."

"Has Ghost Tank ever won the Television Championship?"

I look again over to JJ, Beau, then my agent. I get, basically, the same response as I did before.

"I--- I'm not sure. I don't think so?"

"Do you believe that your opponent this week, the champion, is even comparable to that of Ghost Tank?"

Oh shit. I look again at JJ and Beau, then my agent...

They never told me who it was. Who am I fighting? I just blankly stare into the crowd of the mean, hungry journalists.

"Is that a 'No'?"

I snap out of it.

"I don't believe it would be fair to compare anyone to Ghost Tank."

That was apparently enough for their approval. Next question?

"The champion has been at the top of their game for weeks, winning and then defending the Television Title the following week. Have you studied your opposition at all? And what kind of training have you done in the past weeks to get ready for this?"

I've barely watched....

"I'm more of a Warfare guy, to be honest. So, no, I haven't seen any of their matches."

Non-specific gender, check. I even get a couple of chuckles from the crowd.

"And my training consists of the same as it always has. A strict vegan diet. Routine cardio and resistance training. All followed by deep meditation and opium. Minus the opium."

A few uncomfortable chuckles leak out now. You're not funny.

"But in all seriousness, I've just recently been booked in the match, so it's not like I've been preparing weeks for it."

"Do you think that will have any effect on your performance during the match?"

I sigh to myself.

"Maybe I'll run into Mini Morbid backstage later this week and shake some ring rust off. I don't know. All you bro's and ho's can expect one thing, Calypso bringing the shit to the table. If anything is going to effect anything. It's that."

"The, uh, shit?"

"Troof."

There's a moment of silence now. JJ stands up from his chair and leans into the microphone.

"Will there be anymore questions?"

JJ nods my way signalling I can finally take my leave. I get backstage and Rita is waiting for me.

"Great job!"

I roll my eyes.

"For real?"

"For real! They ate out of the palm of your hand. You're going to have great publicity going into this match!"

So exciting.

"Better win then, huh?"

She gives me one of those motherly whether you do or don't looks. It's time to get back to the hotel room and freshen up for a night on the town.

Rita drives me back and I head straight up to my room. She confirms that she'll get in touch with me tomorrow and we'll see if Steve Sayors would like a more comforting and less badgering interview with the future TV Champ and Face of Savage.

My hotel room was pretty sweet. I could totally live here, but that isn't really an option unless I pull out an apparent impossiblity and win the title on Monday..... Speaking of which.....!!!

I yank my phone out of my pocket and look up the card. I read it out.

"N.A.Z.I."

I focus my eyes even harder on my screen.

"Nathaniel. Adolph. Zachary. Idenhaus."

Hmm. Sombody's parents hated somebody.

I throw the phone up on the counter and prepare myself a Mai Tai to help relax. I head to the balcony with my recently prepared drink and lean out over the railing.

I lied to the press earlier. Heck, I lied to myself. I've watched some rasslin'. I seen N.A.Z.I. beat Chris Chaos for the TV Title last month. Then a couple of days later join the Empire with Chrismyst. And defend against Scully. Don't get me wrong a win is a win, a title defense is a title defense. I'm sure Nate-Dawg would agree with me though that beating Scully ain't nothing to be bragging about. Chris Chaos though? A year or so ago it would have been worthy of a pat on the back, but would you be surprised to know that he is the first former Universal Champion to hold the Television Title? Guys like him used to not be able to do that shit. Cuz they were too good. Look what happened now? And the guy couldn't even defend it.

Ugh.

I don't mean to get off subject here, but I just don't understand why anyone would choose with their own judgement to align themselves behind the same line as Chris Chaos OR Jenny Myst. I'm not here to judge, though. Nate can do what he wants. He'll learn his own lesson.

This is a good Mai Tai.

I look out at Hollywood. The traffic, the life, the people... I can only think to myself what a change in scenery might do not just for me, but this city, too. Me staying all comes down to beating N.A.Z.I. for the TV TItle on Monday. I'm guaranteed the main event on Savage every week after that... Provided that I hold onto the belt. You see, I'm not exactly what or who everyone thinks I am. Err... I guess that's not true, but there's more than meets the eye! I am Calypso, the seven-time XWF Federweight Champion of the World. Public figure. I'm fucking renowned. But, there's also a lot that many people don't know about me. Secrets, I dare say, that I've managed to keep. You see, I have a particular set of skills. Skills that I have required after a long career that make me a nightmare to a particular kind of person. A bad person. If you've changed your ways and stay clear of any wrong-doings, well, that's the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. If you chose to continue down a path of lies, of cheating, and stealing... Then I will look for you. I will find you. And I will make sure the proper authorities know where you are and arrest you....

I set my glass down on a small glass table and make my way back inside. I walk over to my suitcase on the bed and open it. On top is a Blue Domino mask with a blue fedora, suit, and cape to match. I grab the mask and carry it with me to the bathroom and place it on my face. Staring into the mirror, in a raspy voice I recite to myself....

"I here-by not only plan on defending my newly won XWF Television Championship in Hollywood every Saturday night, but I also swear to take out the evil empires dragging this once sparkling city down to its current dark, gross, back-stabbing hell-state it has become. The pedos. The pimps. The drugs. The hoes. I will prevail over them and make Universal Studios Hollywood a safe place to make great movies, once again. In the strong words of Superman, himself, I quote, 'Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice becomes a reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting. Ever.'"

I take a deep breath and clear my throat. I take one last look at this masked man in the mirror and in a raspy voice:

"I am the Blue Tango."

[Image: sQdAWvx.jpg?1]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
(07-26-2018), (07-25-2018), Azrael Erebus (07-25-2018), Darius Xavier (07-24-2018), Nathaniel Idenhaus (07-26-2018), Vincent Lane (07-24-2018)