Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:56 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savage Results
Christian_Andrews Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-27-2018, 12:47 PM

Can I write my match for Savage and us publish that on the Savage results? That was really disheartening to read after the time I spent role playing for it (even if the other two didn't).... I'd like to at least feel like there was a purpose for my match. I get that I won, and yet I still feel like I lost. I offered to help with match writing earlier...
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-27-2018, 01:17 PM

Of course you can! I will speak to Vince and Shane about making sure you get access to the writers room. I'm sorry that you feel like the match itself did not live up to your expectations and I can appreciate why. I would probably feel the same way as you do. With the results being a few days late as it was we were trying to get them out as quickly as possible and saved time where we could. That was my call on that and so I'm sorry you feel somewhat slighted. I will work to make sure that does not happen again. Though in the interest of fairness it is my understanding that for matches where an opponent no shows, or in your case both no show we do try and type up quick squashes.
Hate Post Like Post
Christian_Andrews Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-27-2018, 06:30 PM

(03-27-2018, 01:17 PM)Darius Xavier Said: Of course you can! I will speak to Vince and Shane about making sure you get access to the writers room. I'm sorry that you feel like the match itself did not live up to your expectations and I can appreciate why. I would probably feel the same way as you do. With the results being a few days late as it was we were trying to get them out as quickly as possible and saved time where we could. That was my call on that and so I'm sorry you feel somewhat slighted. I will work to make sure that does not happen again. Though in the interest of fairness it is my understanding that for matches where an opponent no shows, or in your case both no show we do try and type up quick squashes.

I figured as much, and totally understand why you guys had to do it the way you did. Things come up, and this is definitely not priority #1 over real life stuff so I get it, for sure! I was trying not to come across rude or crass lol but I also wanted to talk it out a little bit. I'm not sure if I should've PM'd this, as I was definitely not trying to start a discussion necessarily over it lol but I figured I would just throw it out there. If I write it out, should I just send it to you? Thanks for your timely response and I appreciate you listening! Big Grin

Thanks again,
- Neil
Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-28-2018, 02:56 AM

Hi Neil! You have no worries man, you did not in anyway come off rude or crass or anything other than curious. You could have PM'd this if you wanted, that is always an option but I am also big on transparency so asking about this publicly is a-ok with me. The truth is, you are new to the fed and that is something that I should have weighed in my decision to have the match written the way it was. Had I really thought about it I would and should have done things differently. You deserved better than what you got and that is on me. Thanks man.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-28-2018, 05:37 AM

One thing that's great about XWF is the community. In the times that one of the staff is hard to get hold of (pretty rare, honestly, but for instance this week was bad for me) then often times other members can answer whatever questions arise.

We have guys who have been here for years, and who know the place almost as well as I or anyone else on the staff do. Except Shane, who refuses to tell me all of his secrets. Which is probably best.

As for coming across shitty... man, just do it. If you're an asshole, someone will tell you that you're an asshole. Trust me, they won't be shy about it.

Hate Post Like Post