Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 08:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Fightin' Stardust RP 3/3?
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

07-02-2017, 07:07 PM

The only reason I kept the Green last name is out of respect to my late Uncle Norman Green. Him and I had a lot in common. He was also the only family member that gave a damn about me.

He was a drinker like me. He was the one that I would turn to for guidance growing up because my own parents didn't care. He saw me as the son he never had. He was always willing to throw down in the bar room if the opportunity called. He never backed down from a fight even when the deck was stacked against him.

He gave zero fucks about what was gonna happen. Then one day, He got sick and never recovered. He never had any kids. He left everything he had in this world to me. I was the one who covered his funeral bill without question. I was the only one who attended the burial.

That day and many other similar occurrences in my life shaped up who I turned out to be. I never gave up hope even in that darkest moment in my life. I am who I am. Love me or hate me, I don't care. There is no illusion behind me.

Pound back another beer. That famous taste burning the back of my throat as it goes down. I have no fear in my body. Everything you could possibly take away from me has already done before.

Hell, Foley Anderson died in 2012. Another person who was like a father to me. Another hero who met his demise. When he died, The world around me collapsed. There was a guy who taught me everything I know in this business and no matter what, His memory lives on with me as being the last one left that was trained by him.

Ryou retired back in 2014 leaving me left as the last one of his students still wrestling. Him and I are like night and day in terms of personality. He was strictly business. He was in this business for himself and he didn't care if the fans cheered him or not. I do this because I enjoy it and the rush it gives me.

Looking at the numerous injuries I have put my body through. Coming back way too soon to make the next town or city I was fighting in. Gotta bleed for a livin'. Always sinning and never quitting. But like the saying goes, "Show Must Go On".

Blown out right knee. Just a mass of pain going throughout my body at times. I got problems with my left shoulder. There is a numbing sensation at times in my left hand that comes and goes. Numerous concussions over the years. In the span of a week once, I had my bell rung three times and literally blacked out in the ring all three times. Missing my left eye now. Loads of battle scars all over my body. I am a walking scar at this point.

You talk about me working in all these different promotions. I was never met to be a main event star. I was never meant to be the headline act. I fooled myself into thinking I was okay with that but I wasn't now that I am broken as a man.

But for you, James Raven. I am gonna turn back the hands of time and you are gonna be dealing with the Barney Green of old. The guy that had no issues using weapons on his opponent.

I am a man of the people. The man that you would see pounding back beer after beer in the bar room telling stories. Might be a disagreement or two and then a fight breaks outside of the bar and afterwards drinking beers with the guy he just beat up.

It was our destiny to face off yet again. The fog clears my mind as I gear up for this match. I'm giving everything I got. I may not be a Wayne Gretzky like you think you are. I may never light the world on fire with my skill set but people will remember me. The modern day Dave Andreychuk. The guy that was able to get noticed despite being overshadowed by the stars around him.

I never claimed I was the best wrestler because I know I am not. The closest that I ever came was in 2012 when I became World Champion against all odds. Nobody expected it. At twenty-eight, I was able to reach the pinnacle and it felt good.

That moment when I laid in bed that night with the belt right next to me is a moment I will never forget. Everything came to full circle in my life. My mentor and friend, Foley Anderson, got to watch it at a local bar. We celebrated late into the night in that hotel bar. Drinking until 3AM like weirdos.

Now, its 2017 and I am thirty-three. Barely able to walk from the years of abuse. But once that spotlight hits me, The pains I got disappears and I go out. I go out and fight for my life. Something you never understood or got, Raven. You always had that four leaf clover watching your back.

I am a true student of the game who learned how to be a wrestler on the job and a man as well. I am a trailblazer when you think about it. The first openly bisexual wrestler in XWF history who made it to the top of the mountain and won the respect of the people. I didn't need to do that flamboyant nonsense. I just went out there and wrestled. Something most people were shocked at.

The thing that irritates me more than anything is some of the closed minded people you meet in the world. You got people getting pissed at me and saying I am not gay because I am dating a woman yet when I was dating a transwoman, I was gay. I am bisexual but apparently that doesn't exist and its just a myth. It goes on both sides. The gay community looks down on me because I am currently in a relationship with a woman. I get called a liar. The straight community looked down upon me for dating transwomen and lots of them. Just can't win. I just do me and that's all that matters.

You wanna be happy? You gotta be yourself and never let anyone tell you otherwise. I am happy with who I am as a man and as a person. I may have my faults but we are all human. We all have faults if you look close enough.

Its gonna be unlucky for you, Raven.

The scene opens up inside of a dimly lit gym where we see Barney Green, dressed in black shorts and a black and green "XWF" t-shirt with black sneakers on. Next to him stands John Lauriniatis, dressed in a black and blue "People Power" t-shirt with black jogging pants on and black sneakers. John goes to speak.

John: We got a lot of work ahead of us for this match against James Raven.

Barney: I am not too worried. He is older just like me. He probably has a few hidden injuries.

John: Have you seen him wrestle lately? He hasn't lost a step and you have lost about three or four at this stage of your career.

Barney: I know. I gotta be smart and figure out how to outwit him in the ring. He is coming for me but I am not gonna back down.

Barney pauses and takes a swig from his water bottle as John goes to speak.

John: In your case, We gotta focus on strength and lots of it. Your knees are shot so cardio is out of the question. You got shoulder problems so we gotta be careful with how much you lift overhead. You sure you wanna do this?

Barney: I got nothing to lose at this point in my career so I might as well go for it. Go all in.

John: I'm glad you said that. I called for some reinforcements to help you get prepared for this match. I know you wanna be at your peak and the best. I want to bring that best out of you. Who better than the man that has known you the longest in this business.

[Image: 801201459515.jpg]

In walks Jeff Night, dressed in a pink tanktop with light blue shorts and white sneakers. Jeff walks up to the group as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: Been a long time, bro.

Jeff: It has been a long time, man. Just remember one thing. Foley Anderson would be proud of you if he was here right now. He always spoke highly of you even when you angered or upset him.

Barney and Jeff high five each other and Barney goes to speak.

Barney: That means a lot. So what are the plans?

Both Barney and Jeff look at John. John goes to speak.

John: We need to focus on strength and go over a solid game plan. You and Jeff have always had creative chemistry when it came to figuring out things together. The three of us should be able to crack the code of James Raven. Figure out what makes him tick.

John stops and motions for Jeff to speak.

Jeff: Yeah, man. We know what makes you tick. We gotta do this the smart way. James Raven is a different kind of beast. He isn't gonna fold like some of the other wrestlers have. You have all kinds of medical issues and its amazing they still clear you to work.

Barney: The trick to that is just lie and if the doctor won't clear me, Go see a different one.

John just stares in shock as Jeff chuckles a bit and high fives Green. Jeff goes to speak.

Jeff: I love it, man. The same ol' Barney Green is still around. Just older and slightly fatter.

Barney: Hey, I may be fat but this fatness is what brought me to the dance. We really should start doing something before they kick us out.

John: You're Barney Green. Nobody is gonna kick you out, champ. You are a warrior and a proven champion. Especially in Boston.

Jeff: Yeah, man. You are a cult hero of sorts around these parts. The man with the plan. Just remember the basics and focus on your strengths.

John goes to speak after Jeff stops.

John: Let's start with some weightlifting. Let me know if your shoulder starts hurting too much.

Barney: Sounds like a plan, bro.

Barney heads over to a weight bench and adds a few pounds to the bar. He lays down the bench and grabs the bar and starts lifting as John watches while Jeff motivates him. Jeff goes to speak.

Jeff: Come on, man. You can do it.

Barney just continues pushing the bar up and down above his chest. John goes to speak.

John: You got this in the bag, champ. Just two more.

Barney, starting to sweat, raises the bar slowly up and down. He makes the last one and places the bar back in place with John's help. Barney sits up at the end of the bench. John goes to speak.

John: Hows your shoulder, champ? You doing okay?

Barney: I am fine. My shoulder is holding up just fine. Thanks for asking.

Jeff: You just gotta remain focused on the goal. Two more sets and then we hit the treadmill for a little bit.

Barney: Sounds like a plan.

Barney takes a swig from his water bottle. Barney closes it and places it right next to the bench and then leans back on the bench and winds up banging his head on the bar. Barney lets out a quiet sound of pain and rubs his head. John goes to speak.

John: You okay, champ?

Barney: I'm fine. Getting used to having one eye is a challenge.

Jeff: You will get through this like everything else.

Barney goes to lean back as the scene fades to black.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Barney Green's post:
(07-02-2017), (07-02-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (07-02-2017), JimCaedus (07-03-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-02-2017)