Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:33 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! Okay, guys, I need some help.
Cadryn Tiberius Offline
The Essence Of Excellence

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-13-2017, 03:23 PM

As most of you know I chose to go in a different direction with the way that Cadryn is written.

I moved away from the basis of my material being comedy driven, to a more serious version of Cadryn with bits of comedy.

My biggest weakness in my opinion, is my trash talk. I've always struggled with it, while I watch other guys like Caedus, Chaos, Bourbon, etc put out some of the best trash talk I've read.

So far this week I've done two RP's for my match on Savage. Both of them have been primarily focused on trash talk.

If possible, I wanted to see if you guys could check them out and let me know what you think, and give me some constructive criticism or advice on how to improve my work in the long run.

Thanks again, guys.

- Jeff

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

(Updated and Reset: 3/31/23)
Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

Cadryn's Butthole (Backstage Page)

Honorary King™ For The Day!
06-08-17

October 2017 Star Of The Month
May 2017 Star Of The Month
2017 Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
1x XWF Tag Team Champion (Pintner: Michael Graves)
2x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF Television Champion
2x XWF Federweight Champion
5x XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Cadryn Tiberius's post:
Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017), Vincent Lane (04-13-2017) [-]
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-13-2017, 07:28 PM

I tend to stay away from giving feedback on roleplays for shows that haven't occurred yet, so as to not look like I'm telling you what to do in order for me to give you the win.

However, I know what you're trying to accomplish here an I want you to know you're doing good work. It's tough to redefine a character, extra tough to do it when you started as a joke character, and nearly impossible to do it as a face. It's not something you're going to get a good grasp on in one cycle, but you're doing a good job.

I went through a similar progression back when I joined up because I originally planned on Vinnie to just be funny and dumb. I didn't just flip a switch and decide to go serious in the way that you have, it was a more organic progression, but it was still similar. I also spent almost the entirety of my XWF time as a face, maybe the only REAL face for most of it. Trash talk in particular is super hard when you're trying to look like the good guy, because it's just not what the good guy would do, you know?

It can be done though, and you'r working on it. You had some good points in there, it seemed like you had an easier time ripping into Main - and that makes sense from a character perspective because Cadryn wouldn't have the level of emotional confusion towards Main. It's consistent, which is really important in order to not just pull someone completely out of a story.

I am pretty stoked to see the character evolve and watch as you kind of figure out how to manage all of those different aspects. Maybe take a look back through the archives of older roleplayers and try to see some of the ways they talked in order to get a feel for the different ways they do it? I think a good example of a mostly face trash talker is a guy like Robbie Bourbon, because even when he was burying people he never seemed like he was being an asshole about it. He's a good archetype for any comedic but also serious type character.

Anyway, that's enough rambling. I hope others chime in. Good job.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Cadryn Tiberius (04-14-2017), Jane Carver (04-14-2017), JimCaedus (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)
Cadryn Tiberius Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-13-2017, 07:36 PM

Wow, Vinny, thank you.

That means a lot coming from someone of your caliber.

I've got a lot of good ideas for the way that Cadryn is headed. A lot of them are very story driven, dialogue, interaction with family and friends, etc.

I'm having a blast and am always about moving forward and continuing to get better.

Again, thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot.

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

06-08-17

2x XWF Hart Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-]
[-]
Drake Offline
AXOLOTL

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

04-13-2017, 09:56 PM

Hey Cadryn, At first, and even to some degree now still (mainly trash talk), I have/had the same problem. The main thing you need to is properly plan what you're going to say, trash talk. I know this stuff sounds so trivial, but it helps so much, let me tell you.

1 x X-Treme Champion
2 x Heavy Metalweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Drake's post:
Cadryn Tiberius (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)
JimCaedus Offline
Trash Talker Skywalker

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-13-2017, 11:18 PM

Jeff I've already told you privately how much I love your gift for story writing and comedy alone. Your trash talk in my opinion over the last two promos has been harsh and again, in my opinion, it's the best I've seen from you yet. I like the direction you're taking Cadryn (you already know that) and I don't think there's much advice beyond what Vin aptly covered to offer you, you're doing an excellent job in my eyes.

[Image: chM1Ri0.gif]

[Image: pz4P3Ut.png]
Shout out to Gator/Noah Jackson for this kickass banner

[Image: aFZyFWU.jpg]

~XWF ALL TIME TOP 50 - #6!!!! <3
~Efed Podcast Top 100 - #74 w/no Twitter (all credit to you, fam, 🙏 <3)
~XWF UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF XTREME CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION w/Chaos then Engy, w/APEX x2 - 3x 
~XWF 24/7 Briefcase - 3x
~XWF Trio Tag Champion w/Ax3 - 1x
~XWF Television Champion - 1x (undefeated)
~XWF Federweight Champion - 2x
~XWF Triple Title Holder - 1x (TV, Federweight & 24/7 case)
~XWF Double Title Holder - 5x (TV/Fedr, Uni/Trio, Tag/24/7, X/24/7 & Uni/Tag)
~XWF 2017 Lethal Lottery IV Tournament winner!!
~XWF 2017 Leap of Faith Rafter Match winner!!
~XWF 2017 2nd Annual Doc D'Ville Shove-It Rumble Co-Winner w/Chaos!!
~XWF 2017 War Games Co-Winner with Rob Main & Drew Archyle as APEX!!
~XWF Feb. 2017 J. Federweight Scramble Winner!!
~XWF January 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Like a Moth to the Flame"
~XWF February 2017 Star of the Month!!
~XWF March 2017 3-Way Star of the Month!!
~XWF September 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Lions & Tigers & Caedus, Oh Shit"
~XWF July 2021 QOTM!! - line from "Took It All"
~XWF October 2021 RP of the Month!! - "This Just In" audio
~XWF November 2021 Star of the Month!! (3rd time!!!!!!)
~XWF Match of the Year 2021 w/Bourbsy!! - X-Treme, Flynn's Audio Shove-It

---Love Me, Like Me, Hate Me. No Worries---

Gator's Archive💙
[Image: KlXZwFe.png]
In Loving Memory of Captain Dick Powers

Gravy's Archive💙
[Image: YSqFoQ7.jpg]
[Image: oqNqgFo.jpg]
Shout out to Gravy for these kickass banners

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like JimCaedus's post:
Cadryn Tiberius (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-14-2017, 02:47 AM

Vinnie and Doc pretty much grew up together here in the XWF. I was a month shy of sharing the anniversary date with him. So, I can back Vinnie and I'm sure he can back me when it comes to character development and/or change. We both went through a transitional period with our characters and it's only healthy. That's how you grow as a writer and how your character develops into a big time name and champion.

Trash talk can be tough, and as it's been brought up before, plays a big part in the judging aspects of a roleplay. When I first started I just couldn't do it. Most of my roleplays came with a very strong story base, followed by very little TT to fill it all out. A lot of my work is STILL storybased, but I've been able to develop Doc to the point where I'm comfortable spewing out some hate. We didn't have the Caedus's, and what not, that carry the TT torch these days. Back then, we had Gators, Feders, and Madisons... So the heat was definitely there. It was all I could do to adapt and try to pick up on some of the styles they left behind in order to evolve into something better.

Today, I'm sure my trash is one of my weak points, and I've been told I have a very unique style of it that differs from the Gators, Feders, and Madisons.... So, remember THAT too Cadryn... You don't have to follow suit in order to fit in or impress anyone. Be unique. Like Vinnie said, it's difficult to pull off what you do was a FACE character, but when you do, it's amazing. Keep experimenting and write how YOU wish to write and never cross-over into changing into a style that isn't you. Keep up the good work, I'm glad to see when guys keep their characters and try to evolve them. Very exciting and very fun to watch. Good luck with it, and you're welcome to PM me anytime if you want some real FB on things. I'm usually available.

Okay, I rambled, too. Sorry. Hopefully this wasn't all about me, Doc, and Vinnie and had some helpful pointers in there.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Cadryn Tiberius (04-14-2017), Imperial (04-15-2017), Jane Carver (04-14-2017), JimCaedus (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)
Cadryn Tiberius Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-14-2017, 04:49 AM

Thank you guys so much for the advice.

Drake - Yeah man, it's tough. I typically try to plan ahead but we have a very talented roster that tend to take your TT and flip it on you which is pretty much the name of the game, lol.

Jimmy - As always, thank you. You're one of the best TT I've ever seen, and your my bro forever.

Doc - As we have talked in the past, I really love your work and appreciate everything you've done to help me.

Again, thanks guys, you're the best.

Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

06-08-17

2x XWF Hart Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cadryn Tiberius's post:
JimCaedus (04-14-2017) [-]