Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-22-2024, 12:43 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Chat
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-05-2019, 06:39 AM

Ya'all want a movie chat thread?

I figure it could be cool, seeing as how the preponderance of us are probably big dorks. I know I am. So this is a catch all thread to discuss any kind of movies. It doesn't just have to be sci-fi or fantasy. Wanna talk about that cool indie flick you saw about gay cowboys eating pudding? Sure, bring it here. Wanna post a sweet new trailer or movie review? DO IT!

I'd like to start with this.

Great trailer. As someone who thought 10 years ago that Joaquin Phoenix would nail it as the Joker, I'm glad he's finally getting the chance. I'm also of the opinion that Heath Ledger's Joker is basically definitive, and it's my personal favorite take on the character across all forms of media (comics, cartoons, films). So it will be interesting to see how this take on it intersects with his. It's tempting to call this an origin story, but I'm not sure that's what it is per se and I'm seeing the term "character study" banded about a lot which seems like a good way to describe it. Plus, it doesn't seem like there will be any kind of "superheroics" in this at all (especially being that the boy he's giving the smile to in the trailer is most likely Bruce). If this film is nothing but a weird sad sack's descent into the worst kind of madness I'm all on board for that.

I really want this film to be good and do well at the BO, because with the glut of Marvel movies, superhero fare is starting to feel pretty damn gilded any samey. I'd love it if lower budget, riskier takes on the genre start popping up more.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Darius Xavier (04-05-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Movie Chat - by Corey Smith - 04-05-2019, 06:39 AM
re:Movie Chat - by Corey Smith - 04-05-2019, 07:53 AM
re:Movie Chat - by B.O.B. D - 04-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Movie Chat - by HeatherHalliwell_Lasiewicz - 04-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Movie Chat - by Darius Xavier - 04-05-2019, 01:40 PM
re:Movie Chat - by Apocalypse - 04-08-2019, 11:10 AM
re:Movie Chat - by Corey Smith - 04-09-2019, 05:32 PM