Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 10:22 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Announcements & Important Info
Custom easy codes [codes] for you guys to use. We also take requests for custom code!
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-14-2013, 09:04 PM

Here are some examples of how to write some codes I added to our boards. These are all the codes I added myself. If you want to review the basic list of codes that most boards already have, you can review that general list here: http://xwf99.com/misc.php?action=help&hid=7

Custom tags you can use...

To give a "popup meaning" to a word, or full meaning to an abbreviation, you can use something like this. Hover your mouse over the words in the example underneath the coding and you will see it in action.

3 examples...
Code:
[meaning="X-treme Wrestling Federation"]XWF[/meaning]
[meaning="No Out Of Character Bullshit!"]No OOC BS[/meaning]
[meaning="Spinach, you idiot!"]Popeye's favorite food[/meaning]

XWF
Popeye's favorite food
No OOC BS

To automatically put a formatted table around your writing, you can use the same tag I use when I create events.

Code:
[event]
As much content as you need
can go in here.
Even a full RP!
[/event]

As much content as you need
can go in here.
Even a full RP!

To create a line across the screen that you can choose the length and color of, do something like this...

2 examples...(one with px size and with with percentage)
Code:
[hrc=150px]red[/hrc]
[hrc=75%]blue[/hrc]

For a much easier code to make a line across the screen, just define its length like below.

2 examples...(one with px size and with with percentage)
Code:
[hr=50%]
[hr=150px]

To create a progress bar that's filled up a certain percentage, you just write the exact number that represents the percentage. Do not write a % sign.

3 examples...
Code:
[prog]52[/prog]
[prog]7[/prog]
[prog]100[/prog]

52%
7%
100%

The "vs" code we use when we create a card.

Code:
[vs]

- vs -

The "main event" text we use when we create a card.

Code:
[me]

MAIN EVENT

The tag for match stipulations when we create a card.

Code:
[stip]X-treme Rules Match[/stip]

X-treme Rules Match

Easy way to add a Youtube video. Just take the ending code of the video link, which is the part that comes AFTER the = sign.

For example, if this is your link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAyhKc4-Y0
you're going to want to only take the part I put in red^
and then do this:
Code:
[youtube]iJAyhKc4-Y0[/youtube]

I also added a quick version of the Youtube code that autoplays your video! Here's the tag for it:
Code:
[autoplay]iJAyhKc4-Y0[/autoplay]

Your text here
Your text here
Your text here
Your text here
Your text here

Code:
replace 000 with the color code:
[shadow=#000]Your text here[/shadow]

or replace color with the name of the color

[shadow=color]Your text here[/shadow]

If you have any requests for codes, please don't hesitate to ask me. It's up to you to come up with something that would make your life easier as you post on these boards. Basically anything you might use, coding wise, I can shorten into an easy board tag like the ones above. If you can think of some good features I should add that everyone might enjoy too, please let me know.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Ezekiel Carter-Williams V (01-04-2014), Mystica (01-04-2014), The Wretched Nobody (09-05-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Custom easy codes [codes] for you guys to use. We also take requests for custom code! - by Carver's Sheath - 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM