Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 03:50 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to really improve as a role player?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-06-2018, 10:22 PM

(04-06-2018, 03:25 PM)Christian_Andrews Said: Shane, you don't sound like an ass at all my friend! We need honesty, and open and honest communication will only help serve us and encourage us to be better, rather than settle in complacency. As long as it's done with respect, of course lol.

I totally hear you, and I thought about that myself here, not just about other role players but about myself as well. I'm sure we can all use a refresher course, as well as some genuine tips and tricks from others that can help out those who want to listen and receive them, veteran or not. Although I had more of a generic idea, then specific, so that everybody could benefit from the advice. Things like, expounding on scene information, detailed characteristics and attributes, protagonist and antagonist building, etc. etc. Generic things that will in general, make us better writers. Not anything too specific in particular to style, so that nobody would be pushed one way or another in their thoughts and ideas and still be allowed to have creative thinking and thought processes that are "out of the box." Does that make sense?

Sorry I missed this earlier but yes that does make sense and is more in line with what I'm hoping we can all help each other with to continuously grow and have even more fun reading each others ever improving works, all the way from RPs to written results.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:Want to really improve as a role player? - by Carver's Sheath - 04-06-2018, 10:22 PM