Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 04:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder to judges and RPers
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-17-2018, 01:08 AM

(03-16-2018, 05:51 PM)The Engineer Said: I think this is a good idea, but just how much ground do we have to "recover". Like, do we have to do a recap on who certain supporting characters are, even if we're not popping in mid-scene? Like for example Engy usually features Madison, Joachim, or on rarer occasions certain others like Mike Pence that he's featured before, and might have call back gags with (like Pence being a vampire hunter).

I guess I'm just asking for clarification on how much backstory you want us to include via recap.

Whatever amount you think to yourself would best hook a new reader and make them become a fan. Robbie's method is good but you can come up with your own spin too if you prefer. If you find yourself writing something and it feels like a brand new reader might be lost on what/who/etc even if it's something being referenced later in the RPs, toss in a quick explanation of any length you think does the trick. This would also be one of the few cases where copying and pasting small snippets to use when appropriate would be totally acceptable.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
Reminder to judges and RPers - by Carver's Sheath - 03-16-2018, 01:54 PM
Reminder to judges and RPers - by The Engineer - 03-16-2018, 05:51 PM
re:Reminder to judges and RPers - by erikblack - 03-16-2018, 09:02 PM
re:Reminder to judges and RPers - by Carver's Sheath - 03-17-2018, 01:08 AM
Reminder to judges and RPers - by Mad Dog Valley - 03-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Reminder to judges and RPers - by erikblack - 03-16-2018, 09:01 PM