Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-16-2024, 04:53 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! Okay, guys, I need some help.
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-13-2017, 07:28 PM

I tend to stay away from giving feedback on roleplays for shows that haven't occurred yet, so as to not look like I'm telling you what to do in order for me to give you the win.

However, I know what you're trying to accomplish here an I want you to know you're doing good work. It's tough to redefine a character, extra tough to do it when you started as a joke character, and nearly impossible to do it as a face. It's not something you're going to get a good grasp on in one cycle, but you're doing a good job.

I went through a similar progression back when I joined up because I originally planned on Vinnie to just be funny and dumb. I didn't just flip a switch and decide to go serious in the way that you have, it was a more organic progression, but it was still similar. I also spent almost the entirety of my XWF time as a face, maybe the only REAL face for most of it. Trash talk in particular is super hard when you're trying to look like the good guy, because it's just not what the good guy would do, you know?

It can be done though, and you'r working on it. You had some good points in there, it seemed like you had an easier time ripping into Main - and that makes sense from a character perspective because Cadryn wouldn't have the level of emotional confusion towards Main. It's consistent, which is really important in order to not just pull someone completely out of a story.

I am pretty stoked to see the character evolve and watch as you kind of figure out how to manage all of those different aspects. Maybe take a look back through the archives of older roleplayers and try to see some of the ways they talked in order to get a feel for the different ways they do it? I think a good example of a mostly face trash talker is a guy like Robbie Bourbon, because even when he was burying people he never seemed like he was being an asshole about it. He's a good archetype for any comedic but also serious type character.

Anyway, that's enough rambling. I hope others chime in. Good job.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Cadryn Tiberius (04-14-2017), Jane Carver (04-14-2017), JimCaedus (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)

Messages In This Thread
re:Okay, guys, I need some help. - by Vincent Lane - 04-13-2017, 07:28 PM
re:Okay, guys, I need some help. - by Drake - 04-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Okay, guys, I need some help. - by JimCaedus - 04-13-2017, 11:18 PM