Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-18-2024, 12:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Wrestlers
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-01-2013, 04:12 PM

(02-01-2013, 03:51 PM)John Madison Said: Hell, maybe I'll bring back Owen Hart from the dead and do Zombie Owen.

Why would he have to be dead? lol The point is that if somebody likes a real wrestler, past or present, they can grab that character and be as creative as they want with them. I'd love to see what someone can do with Owen Hart, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, etc... and if somebody who is facing that character references them being dead, then the person making the reference is just going to look stupid and open themselves up to a devastating rebuttal if the handler of the real wrestler knows how to work this type of idea.

In my opinion it's worse to just flat out make it obvious that you're imitating a specific real name, but you just slap a generic name on them. THAT is not creative.

Just BE the guy you want to be then, and let's see how well you do it. If you suck at it, then you won't get to do it for very long at all. Access to real names is only for the most creative of people; not just for the random sake of using real names because it's cool to benefit from their legacy. If somebody wants to be Zombie Owen, they're going to catch a lot of heat because of the way it mocks his death rather than pays tribute to his legacy... A true fan of his wouldn't do that, and that in itself tells me the person wouldn't get very far because they're only mocking the idea.

Likewise if a wrestler is still living but can't wrestle, you're not going to assume the role of the non-wrestling version. I'm pretty sure The Giant Gonzalez is still alive (maybe?) but eventually got restricted to a wheel chair. The version of Giant Gonzalez that one of you guys might bring in would be the one who can walk, and pull off a couple wrestling moves. He might even do a big splash off the top rope if that's what you want, or he might be a master wood (of absolutely massive pieces, due to his own huge size) in his spare time in your stories.

E-feds are based off of people's like (or love, in some cases) for professional wrestling and fantasy combined. There's really no reason a fed as advanced as ours should restrict the use of a real wrestler, as long as we're strictly enforcing the specific rules they must adhere to. I like the idea of seeing where a handler can take that real name, and see how much better it is than the limited/bland versions we're actually given by WWE/TNA/etc.

Those who have done this before or who want to try it, know what I mean by it actually taking a lot of creativity to pull off. Those who automatically don't like it, will never choose to make a real wrestler of their own, and that's perfectly fine too. Free choice all around.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
Real Wrestlers - by Sincere Lee Wild - 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Real Wrestlers - by Angelus - 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: Real Wrestlers - by Sincere Lee Wild - 02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: Real Wrestlers - by Carver's Sheath - 02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: Real Wrestlers - by John Msdison 2.Faggot - 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Real Wrestlers - by Carver's Sheath - 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Real Wrestlers - by Jeff Hardy - 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Real Wrestlers - by Sebastian Duke - 02-02-2013, 01:38 AM