Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 10:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
Calvary Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-22-2020, 09:46 PM

This is a fascinating subject matter.

For me, I think it's important for characters to show attacks and possibly react/respond to them in RPs. Now, it could be intentional of the character to ignore the actions, but I would feel remiss if they were treated as if they had just never happened. That being said, I feel like attacks are all fine as long as the attack isn't forcing someone else's character to do something they might otherwise not do. Like Syn said earlier, piss in my mouth but don't make me piss in yours.

As far as reacting to character's gimmicks, I think that's a case by case matter. It definitely depends on the wrestler, but calling out things like super powers or monsters as just hoaky light tricks... well it's lazy in my opinion. Could you imagine Steve Austin just coming out and saying Kane is some dude named Glen wearing a Jason mask? It kills the illusion of wrestling and also... just doesn't read as very strong smack talk imo. It would read much stronger if you were to acknowledge the power of an individual like that and discuss the flaws that you would exploit. I mean everything/everyone has a flaw to exploit. Even going into the records on the shows as an example is a strong case to make if nothing else.

Very interested to see what others come up with for this, but I have liked reading everyone's responses.
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Question... - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-22-2020, 01:47 PM
re:Question... - by Chris Chaos - 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
re:Question... - by The Hired Gun - 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Question... - by Shawn Warstein - 04-22-2020, 02:23 PM