Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 08:33 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-22-2020, 08:49 PM

(04-22-2020, 08:38 PM)Shooter Syn Said: I'd hope if a backstage attack was submitted then the mod would either

A) Reply back saying no, because the subject of the attack is currently in a feud and can't start a new one. Please PM them if you are familiar with their feud and would like to get involved. or

B ) Send a PM to the person saying "Managment have eyes and ears everywhere, we heard there's a backstage attack being planned on you, if you would like to counter then please submit your request or

C) Take where your character is within feuds, current level of on site activity, and whether a story would be great for you just now, and use common sense to let the attack go through.

At the end of the day there are 3 ways to attack, one is through the mod for results, (see above Tongue ), another is PM and discussing with you, which obviously means you have autonomy, and the last being an open attack on the boards IC forums. Where you should be able to reply with "/in" then respond, or simply "/out" in which you could attach an IC or OOC reason for not taking them up on the offer. And if you take that option then the attack is nullified and stricken from fed canon

Having been on the staff and having run many shows, a system requiring staff intervention and/or verification would be tricky and likely very flawed, while also causing delays. I feel it's more up to us as the players to have a feel for who's who, etc... If the staff has to keep track of it and cross check a database for attacks or anything like that, it'll just get messy. Not a knock on staff, but rather just something I'm aware of from my own past experiences in similar spots. Option C, however, sounds interesting if there's a safeguard to not let the potential attacker waste work by submitting an attack that could get vetoed by the other party?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Question... - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-22-2020, 01:47 PM
re:Question... - by Chris Chaos - 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
re:Question... - by The Hired Gun - 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Question... - by Shawn Warstein - 04-22-2020, 02:23 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:30 PM
re:Please chime in and share your thoughts - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 08:49 PM