Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 05:35 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-22-2020, 08:35 PM

(04-22-2020, 08:02 PM)Atara Themis Said: If no one communicates to me that I am to be attacked how am I to know to submit a counter? I have actually asked this same question before so that I could counter.

That's the trick of it. You don't know. A counter attack works when you correctly predict that an attack was coming and submit a counter of sorts. I'm pretty sure almost nobody uses them nowadays but it definitely can be fun when people do. Your counter can be more effective and brutal the more accurate you are in predicting the variables of who/when/where... but you should also be able to use a more vague counter to just kind of escape an attack if you weren't able to predict the specifics. At least this is how I remember it working. For example if you KNOW I'm going to attack you during your match, you can probably counter me pretty good and leave me laying. If, however, you just think you might get attacked at some point by some random person and all you want to do is have a strategy of trying to escape, there's a chance it would work even though it's vague, since you aren't dealing damage back to them. There's also a chance you could start getting attacked by them but make your escape (vague counter) before they finished whatever their attack segment was. If you're thinking "well I might have to send one in every week then"... yup, you're right. You'd have to. Countering something is a big deal, and you'd definitely need to submit them regularly to have them just happen to be in place when a surprise attack comes your way.

Can staff let me know if this still works this way for counters?

Quote:And I wrote 'aimlessly running around doing backstage attacks'. It wasn't an attack on a particular person/s. Just a general statement expressing my opinion on someone who would use it as an excuse to gain 'story advantage over someone'. The segment option can be abused that way, and in that regard it's a dirty way to fluff your own characters.

Eg. Atara week in and week out inputs segment attacking Person A then uses segments as leverage. Person A was never consulted, Persona A has no tie to Atara, Person A in order to sell has to change and adapt their own story possibly ditching ideas with other people to play nice and cater to someone who never consulted them.

I don't see your example as being aimless at all; I see it as a systematic series of attacks on a specific person, but I definitely see your point about how it could conflict with others. The best we can hope for is for people to respect your preference now that it's in the open. I personally wouldn't just attack your character out of the clear blue now that I know that.

Jumping around quotes out of order here, sorry...
(04-22-2020, 05:08 PM)BigD Said: Centurion's comment about getting his finger bit off reminded me of some other stuff. I think a BIIIIIIIG part of alot of this stuff is consent. I know we don't HAVE to get someone's permission to attack them, but under certain circumstances(like losing a body part), I think the person's input is important. You're essentially changing their character by mutilating them, and I feel if someone would have a problem with that, it shouldn't be done. An attack is one thing(we ALL get beat up in our matches), dismemberment is a completely other thing.

Not necessarily changing their character beyond giving them material to work with for a week or two where they find a way to tell a story that "fixes" the issue. I could see an ear or a finger being fair game, but I wouldn't think anything larger than that should be removed at random. lol Still though, with you having said this, now we all know to contact you if we want to remove anything from your character's body or cut them up severely, etc...

Quote:It reminds me of another Fed I was in for like a week. They had a 24/7 Hardcore Championship. It wasn't like here where you attack, pin, and wait for a response; theirs was: you respond with a pin and automatically win the belt. After I won it the first time, someone replied and attacked me, along with pissing in my character's mouth. While that may be considered tame compared to other things, it really upset me to the point where I didn't wanna be apart of that Fed anymore.

HAHAHA OMG. Well, don't worry... we don't ever do stuff like THAT around here. lmao Angel (pisses in your eye)

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Question... - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-22-2020, 01:47 PM
re:Question... - by Chris Chaos - 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
re:Question... - by The Hired Gun - 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Question... - by Shawn Warstein - 04-22-2020, 02:23 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:30 PM
re:Please chime in and share your thoughts - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 08:35 PM