Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 01:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-22-2020, 02:30 PM

(04-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Shawn Warstein Said: That’s fair. But how I approach things personally is when I RP against someone I pay no attention to their story. I concentrate on their trash and what happens on the shows. If they mention me during the story that’s the only time my ears perk up, because then you’ve made it a reality IC wise if that makes sense

This is an excellent point too. If my character is booked against someone doing all kinds of storytelling that in no way relates or even could cross over into the world of my character, why should my character care? My character would just go by what he has seen in match results, etc....

If, however, that story was obviously written in such a way that it's meant to grab my attention and make my char feel like a target, then I'd be a lot more likely to go all in and sell it WHILE trying to overcome it in my own storytelling/responses.

With having no reason to think I'd be affected or targeted, I'd probably do something like...
Shane: "If that giant monster of a man can punch holes through brick walls while thinking about stuff that has nothing to do with XWF, but he's losing in matches, fuck it.... I don't give a crap how many walls he can punch through. He's still a loser based on his last match!"

**^^ this IC response from me would also be assuming that person doesn't successfully carry their full gimmick and influence into results/shows (no segments, no attacks, no custom matches, etc...), which again would be why Shane might assume he will remain unscathed.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Question... - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-22-2020, 01:47 PM
re:Question... - by Chris Chaos - 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
re:Question... - by The Hired Gun - 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM