Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 08:14 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » XWF Classic RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Soldier vs Michael Graves
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-19-2019, 08:07 AM

[Image: MRxRr3E.jpg]

"Sit down interviews are viewed as lazy and boring ways to produce promo work leading into a big match, but the fact is that sit down interviews are a deeply rooted tool in the industry that often times aren’t utilized enough in today's landscape. That’s why Micheal Graves has decided to make his first public comments about XX here with me, Steve Sayors. It’s been awhile since the XWF has seen Micheal Graves in action and even longer still since we’ve seen him do anything of any real importance. His last match in the XWF was a rematch against Dolly Waters. One that saw her even the score with the alleged “Pedo-Graves” and send him packing from the XWF once and for all. That is, until one James Raven reached out and asked the all-time top 50 member to make a special appearance at the upcoming reunion show XX. At first the “Dark Warrior” seemed reluctant to accept the invitation, but something quickly changed his mind. Micheal, care to elaborate?”

”When James reached out, I was surprised. My last run in the XWF started out strong, and within a few months, I found myself in the main event on Savage challenging for the Universal Championship for the first time in my career. After coming up short in that match, I would quickly find myself thrust into a top spot in the XWF after officially forming an on air alliance with a couple of backstage friends. (Jim Caedus and “The Omega” Robert Main) For a moment I was on top of the world as my career was seeing a resurgence unlike anything that I ever would have expected. Unfortunately everything would turn to shit shortly after that, and by the time that I left the XWF last year, I had become nothing more than a running joke. So, when James first called and was pitching names for possibly opponents, I wasn’t really impressed with what he had to offer.”

“On the one hand, I understood his position. I’ve never been the biggest name in the XWF at any point in my career, but on the other hand, it wasn’t that long ago that I gave James (Raven) one of the toughest challenges that he faced during his legends tour. So I was thinking hey, come on man…. You know what I can do, you’ve experienced it first hand, give me a match that I can sink my teeth into.”

”Is that when he came back with an offer to face Unknown Soldier?”

”No, not at first. There were a few other names tossed around before we finally settled on Unknown Soldier.”

”I have to ask, what is the appeal of facing Unknown Soldier at XX?”

”Well, like I said earlier, my career in the XWF quickly went south the last time that I was a full time competitor. The pedophilia stuff, the Dark Warlock, and all of the other outlandish and corny shit that I was doing. So when the prospect of facing such a decorated competitor as Unknown Soldier came up, I almost felt like I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.”

”So you’re hoping to springboard yourself back to stardom with this match?”

”I don’t know about that. I’m 47 years old now, and I’ve come to terms with the idea that my best days are behind me now. The XWF has managed to build one of the most deeply talented rosters in the world today with people like Robert Main, Lux, Sarah Lackland, and even up and comers like Noah Jackson and Vita Valenteen just to name a few. At this point, I really don’t think they would have much use for a broken down old vet like myself, but what this match does give me is the opportunity to go out there one last time and maybe erase some of that bad taste that my last run left and everyone’s mouth.”

”You mentioned earlier that you were doing a lot of outlandish character work towards the end of your stint with the XWF. Was those your ideas, or something that was being pushed on you by management?”

”For as bad as they were, they were all creations of my own. After quickly rising to the top of the XWF after the formation of APEX, I could feel my momentum slipping away. We had Jim Caedus, Robert Main, Chris Chaos, and even Thaddeus Duke for a minute. Chaos was chasing the Universal title, Jim had the Uni, Robert was tearing it up as the Hart Champion in his first reign, and I was feuding with a teenage girl for… Reasons...”

”So you felt that you were being overshadowed?”

”Definitely. Jim Caedus and Robert Main were both world class athletes who were in their prime. Chaos had just came off of a very successful Universal title run and assumed the leadership role of the group, and there I was doing my best Virgil impression. I felt like I needed to do something quick to keep my momentum going.”

”Enter the contraversal “Pedo-Graves” gimmick.”

”Yeah, and suddenly I became the most talked about thing on XWF television. We ran a series of skits, just stupid things. Like backstage segments where I would leave love letters written in crayon for Dolly and then wait to film her reaction. Or the video we posted online of me recording some controversial commentary over some old footage of a children's beauty pageant.”

”I understand that video almost cost you your job in the XWF, is that correct?”

”No, it did cost me my job! I had to beg and plead my case to try and regain my position in the company. Eventually Vincent (Lane) agreed to reinstate me, but only under the condition that I tone the act down before we started losing sponsors.”

”Which would explain the weird promos leading into the match with Dolly Waters”

”Yeah, at that point I decided that a fantasy (medievil) setting would help separate fantasy from reality.”

”Shortly after the match against Dolly, you would drop the “Pedo-Graves) Identity all together, but it seemed that you struggled to find an identity from that point on. Do you think that abandoning that portrayal of yourself ultimately hurt your career?”

”Well, that’s a trick question isn’t it? On one hand, that crap I was doing with Dolly propelled me straight to the top for a short time. I truly felt like I was the most talked about member on the roster at the time. The buzz was incredible. However, a friend had warned me going into all of that, that it may hurt my career more than it helped it, and it turned out that they were right. You just can’t come back from pedophilia.”

”What’s next for you after XX?”

”I really don’t know, maybe retirement, maybe not… I’m really trying to not think about that right now. I just want to enjoy every moment of XX. If it turns out that this is the last time that I’m featured in the XWF, or in a wrestling ring in general, then I’d like to do everything in my power to ensure that it’s a favorable memory for both myself and my fans.”

”Hopefully you find the moment that you’re looking for. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Micheal, and best of luck at XX.”

Shortly after filming the proceeding interview piece…

Micheal is seen heading out of the XWF studio and onto a busy street with cars parked up and down the curb. He opens the back door to a white limousine and climbs in, quickly pulling the door closed behind him.

”Take me back to the estate.”

He says to the driver who is off camera as he fumbles through his phone looking for a specific number. After a moment he finds and dials said number as he pulls the phone up close to his ear.

”Hey honey, what’re you doing?”

He pauses for a response. A slight smile forms on his face as he listens.

”Don’t worry, I’ll be home shortly. We’re leaving the studio now, so I’ll see you in a couple of hours.”

Once again he listens for a reply before continuing.

”He did? That’s great!”

Another break in the conversation that we can only hear one side of.

”Hol… Hold on dear… Driver, I’ve changed my mind. I’d like to swing by a store before we head home. Jason made the football team, so I need to get him a gift.”

He then hits the switch to roll up the privacy window between him and the driver.

”It went well actually. That Steve Sayors is a pretty good guy. He let me get my story out without trying to drag my name in the mud… Yeah, yeah, I think this is a fantastic opportunity to end my career on a high note.”

Graves nods as he listens to what his wife has to say.

”Haha, nooooo. That part of my life is officially over after XX. You don’t need to worry about that. Heh, I imagine soon enough you’ll be begging me to get back in the ring just to get out of your hair. Haha!”

Graves smirks as his wife talks into his ear.

”Sure, you say that now.”

Another pause as he listens on.

”Oh, you promise?”

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The tapping on the glass window beside of him startles Micheal. He looks out to see a man in a dark suit and tie motioning for him to get out of the car.

”Honey, I’m going to have to call you back.”

Micheal holds his hand up to tell the man outside to give him a second as he tries to wrap up with his wife, but the guy seems very impatient as he knocks on the window again, this time a little harder than before.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

”Okay, okay, I love you too. Bye!”

Micheal ends the call and opens the door, but before he can get out, the well dressed man outside of the car yanks the door open and begins shouting.

”What in the hell do you think you’re doing!?! Get outta there!”

”Excuse m…”

”Come on buddy, move it before I call the cops!”

A confused Graves slowly steps out of the car with his hands up as he’s not trying to escalate whatever this situation is.

”Do you mind telling me who you are?”

”Yeah, I’m the driver of this car. Who the fuck are you?’

Micheal seems genuinely shocked by what this man has to say as he fumbles through his words.

”I… No… I think you’re mistaken.”

The well dressed man slams the door shut behind Graves and takes off towards the drivers side.

”No pal, if anyone is mistaken it’s you!”

Graves watches on in confusion as the man climbs into the drivers seat and turns the engine. Wait, where’s my driver? He wonders. The limo pulls out and heads towards the front door of a hotel just down the road as Micheal tries to make sense of the situation. He pulls up his phone to call his wife back, but to his surprise his phone is nothing more than a novelty toy phone. It’s at this point that Micheal realizes what’s actually happening. He’s having an episode. He fumbles through his inner coat pocket desperately in search of something. After a brief moment, he seems relieved to pull out a bottle of pills. He quickly removes the lid and dumps the contents into his hand. Oddly enough, the pills is question look suspiciously like orange tic-tacs, but it really doesn’t matter because as luck would have it, another man walking down the sidewalk accidentally bumps into him causing the “pills” to bounce out of his hand.

”I’m so sorry, please excuse me.”

Micheal doesn’t even acknowledge his apology as he desperately attempts to save the falling pills from all dropping down a storm drain, but alas, no luck. Micheal is now on his knees and staring down into the storm drain.

”No, no, no, no, NO, NO!!!”

His frustration is accompanied by light sobbing, but that soon gives way to a chuckle and that chuckle quickly becomes laughter. Micheal looks up to the camera with a familiar twinkle in his eye.

”Hahahaha Hahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaa”

Suddenly the laughter stops. A twisted expression befalls Graves before he slowly rises to his feet and begins to aimlessly stumble down the sidewalk.

To be continued...

[Image: MOSHED-2023-6-19-16-15-56.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
(08-22-2019), Barney Green (08-21-2019), James Raven (08-28-2019), Noah Jackson (08-25-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-19-2019), Robert "The Omega" Main (08-19-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-19-2019)

Messages In This Thread
re:Unknown Soldier vs Michael Graves - by (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) - 08-19-2019, 08:07 AM