Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:24 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » War Games 2020 PPV Board
Ο δρόμος προς το τέλος
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-22-2020, 10:15 AM

James Baldwin once said:

“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.”

It’s fitting isn’t it? When you’re left with nothing to judge me for, you’re left with your own failures. Roadblock after roadblock thrown in front of me, and what happens? I still come out on the other side. I’ve been spat on, I’ve been beaten to within an inch of my life, I’ve had friends turn their backs on me. What does any of this have to do with War Games?

Watching Main, Page, Ms. Direction and do everything in their power to keep me down. Well kudos to all of you for that. You did it! You kept me down. You held me back….

For one night.

One night of glory.

One night of pure bliss.

Smiles all around, Job well done.

It just feels as if you guys all blew your load a bit prematurely. Like the only thing you guys accomplished was making it so I didn’t draft 1st? You made Theo wait to pull the rig out from under me. So I guess… that’s a thing. Rather than hold off and wait until the big dance, you all prematurely creamed your pants a month early. I can feel 25 sets of eyes all peering my direction. That’s okay I’ve been in this situation before and nothing is going to change. I’ve been blessed with the ability to not give a fuck about what anybody thinks.

It’s when they open their mouths is when things begin to start to perk my ears up. I mean it’s as if people thought to themselves…

“Damn Shawn didn’t respond to the last thing I said… I wonder why?”

Spoilers… Those checks get cashed today. Out of everyone on this planet, no one enjoys the sound of my voice more than me.The beauty that deserves her spot, but sadly chose so very poorly. It’s as if Lady Luck was always on my side, and the myst has been lifted from the ocean, so that I could get a clear view of all of my syn’s and be as clear minded as a dolphin in the clear waters. Nothing but a clear mind and good intentions. Still there will always be people that try to hold me down, like the Wish.com version of K-Money, or the people who try to peer into minds but get lost upon their first words. The gravediggers who should really go back to being irrelevant, and the zombie fucks they released unto the world. And of course the emo fuck who’s parents tried to leave at a firehouse but was promptly returned. To the human centipede trying to cause havoc. The one that could be bought off with some greenbacks. I can’t forget the Russki who is getting blown up for no apparent reason, other than he’s not lo. The husk of man running around like an undead dick with no powers holding a gun with a scratched off serial number. A threat that isn’t one even in his own mind. To a storm that was and will never begin.

Hell I know that Page, Main are going to plow through and his squad. And on the other side it’s irrelevant, because either way it’s a cake walk. No. I’m only concerned with getting my hands on Main and Page. The rest of you? I don’t need to waste my breath.

Well…. Now that twenty people were mentioned I can get on to my first competition.

Everyone is going to take one look at my team and scoff. It’s funny right? I took a chance and ended up with Doug and Big D. One a complete unknown and the other being Doug. Also I’ve got Vanessa and Strange, it’s like the oddest of pairing for this match, and you know what?

I’m confident.

It’s something that I’ve never lacked in my entire life, and this match, and these circumstances aren’t going to change that. People will call it ego, and that’s fine. Everyone needs to deal with their own faults before they decide to speak on mine, or I could just as easily talk about everyone else’s faults.

Take Calvary for example. He had gotten a title shot against me, and he just pissed down his leg didn’t he? He didn’t say a word and thought the tough guy, stoic, sting silent type was enough to get the job done. Well as he witnessed first hand, there are no lengths I won’t go to in order to keep this title around my waist. I don’t care if I have to crawl over everyone to keep it, I’ll do just that. I fought for far too long to get to this point to allow the undeserving to take it away from me.

Or I could just take the Chaos route right? Burn everything to the ground and constantly try to rebuild? Always with the doubts hanging in the back of my own head. I know that I have an ego that rivals a living planet, but Jesus Christ Chaos, where did you get yours from? You won the big one…. woohoo. You came in at a time when there wasn’t really any talent to speak of, ohh I know you’re going to take that as a slight to the people you beat but guess what? I don’t care who they were, none of them were me. Doc, Engy OG, Pre-Cataclysm Main, none of that matters. Just know that the second your captain and I showed up you and the rest of them were regulated to nothings. Not even has-beens, just another footnote in the history of the XWF.

But then I always have to worry about the unknown right? Clearly Tula is a force to be reckoned with. I mean she’s been associated with Centurion well before she stepped foot in the XWF, and that’s something I can’t overlook. The two of them pose an interesting dilemma, I can barely tell where one ends and the other begins. That’s not meant in a sexual manner at all, but when you put all of your eggs in the same basket they all start to look the same. I’m fairly certain that Cent has told her all about me, and what I’m capable of. I’m sure he said it in a derogatory way, with a wink and a nudge, and that’s okay. I’ve never been one to come out and bite my tongue, so Tula, welcome. I can’t wait for you to see what I’m all about. I can’t wait to hear if the stories Centurion told are real or just fiction.

Now it’s time for the biggest blowhard in the XWF. The man that has had more War Game Eliminations than any other, Robbie Bourbon. It is a spectacular accomplishment, but much like Peter Gilmour, longevity doesn’t mean great. Anyone could have that record if they were put into 100 War Games, stop bragging about it. That’s like me parakeeting all of my accomplishments, people know them, but eventually you have to start saying something else. Like how you almost beat Engy, then you were going to get a second crack at the title at March Madness only to be Cucked by the biggest Cuck in the XWF’s long history… No I don’t mean Vinny Lane… Ned Kaye. He came in like the weak little boy he is, and just straight up stole your shot. In some weird alternate universe, you could’ve prevented my cash in. You could’ve stopped me, but you didn’t. All hail the new “Biggest Cuck” in the XWF… Robbie Bourbon. So go ahead put your little mask back on, and hide in the shadows like the good little bitch you are.

Speaking of Shadows.

It’s the Yin to my Yang. The Pepsi to my Coke. The man who just can’t escape the cloud cover. Listen man I can’t do this anymore. You and I have such a long and rich history that it’s a shame that we are put in this position due to lazy booking. We should be facing off in the Main Event. XWF Hart Champion Centurion versus Long time Rival and Current Universal Champion Shawn Warstein. Even after all the things you said about me. The Ego, Twitter, talking down on people, and how you don’t see a difference other than I’m clean now, it really got to me. I thought of all the people you would see the change. You would get what I was trying to do. I was trying to separate myself from the Spooky Clan and dig their grave for them. I was mistaken. I didn’t realize that when one dies, three more pop up. That’s why I dove to cover you from my rain fall of needles….

As much as I hated you…

I know I need you.

I need you to continue to fight the good fight with me. I need you to know that you can trust me. Yet I can hear it already, “Why? You’ve shown yourself time and time again to be untrustworthy.”

And Cent you’re right. I don’t have an answer for that. All I can do is try and show you that I’m a better person now. You say it’s a facade, and that’s fine, I’ll have to show you another way then, unfortunately War Games isn’t going to be the time nor the place. Just like I removed you from the captains match I have to do so again. Just know that this time it isn’t because of hatred or vitriol. It’s because it’s necessary. I’m not stupid. I know that you’re going to bring your A+++ game, and I’m ready and willing for that. I want you to know that it’s not going to matter.

I have a higher calling now. No, I’m not some preacher. I have a singular goal in mind. It’s been the same one for a while now. The Spooky Kids need to go. And when they are gone…

Centurion…

You can have your shot.

Just make sure it’s a good one.

“No….No…..no…”

The faint smell of rose and ivory fill my olfactory bulb, and the gentle caress of a hand holding onto mine. It could only mean one thing. She was here, and everything was just fucked. All the plans that were laid out in the long run have just been ruined.

“No… How? Why!?”
I open my eyes and see Atara sitting there next to the makeshift bed. Dressed head to toe in warrior regalia, a smile across her face, and once again I am lost in her oceanic blue eyes. “No...”

“Shawn I’m here. We are going to get you home.”
A sense of calm and dread comes over me. I sit up in the bed and turn towards Atara, her hand not letting go of mine. “Come on we can get out of here now.” She stands up and begins to pull on my arm in an effort to persuade me out of the bed. I pull my arm back, as she turns around in shock.

“Come on. We have to go.”

“Atty you don’t get it. You’re not supposed to be here.”
Confusion fills the room as I stand up and walk towards a window. “This isn’t how this was supposed to happen.”

“Shawn…”
Atara’s voice trembles slightly. “You’re dying outside of here. I don’t know what she did, but Osira made things much worse than what you’re accustomed to. You’re trapped here and we need to get you out of here. We need to get back to O.”

“......”
I take a moment to compose myself. “You think I don’t know Osira did something? In the time you’ve known me…” I shake my head and turn around towards Atara. “Hell since we’ve been together, when have I struck you as someone who doesn’t know what’s going on? As someone who wasn’t in complete control of what is happening to them?”

“Well I didn’t think…”
Atara walls up to me and places her hands on my shoulders. “I didn’t think Osira would do something like this to you. Do something like this to me...”

“And she wasn’t. I had to talk her into it.”
I grab Atara’s hands and remove them from my shoulders. “As much as I told her this was me proving myself to her and you other sisters, this was for me.” I take a deep breath. “I’ve told you almost everything there is about me. I left two things out.”

“You know you can tell me anything.”

“I know. I didn’t hide them because I was afraid of what you would think. I didn’t tell you because I’m ashamed of what they are. This is…”
I look deeply into Atara’s eyes, as a small growl emanates from deep within. “Was, my best shot at clearing those skeletons out.”

“Shawn, we can get through this together, but we have to get to Osira.”
She once again grabs my hand. This time I pull it away with a great force that my arm slams on the wall.

“No Atty. you’re not getting it.”
As I turn my back towards her I can sense an uneasy feeling falling over the room. “You’re in danger here. I’ve got to get you home. You can’t be here….What do you mean get to Osira?” I know that I heard that Osira was here, but it’s just clicking now that she was in fact….PRESENT.

“Yeah she’s here. She wouldn’t let me come in here alone. She didn’t want me getting stuck in some sort of dream wasteland. She wouldn’t have it any other way.”
A sound of desperation carries through every word she says.

“No… We have to get you out of here NOW!”
I begin to tap my temple, and then rub the bridge of my nose. “Atty, we need to get you and your sister out of here as soon as possible.”

“Fine, whatever. All I did was try and help you…”
I could sense something horrible was about to happen. “Just please let me help you.”

“Thank you for trying to help, but Atty look around you.”
I turn around towards her, and point out of the window. “Does any of this LOOK like home? You’ve been to Greece, tell me… is this what it looks like?” Atara looks out of the window and shrugs halfheartedly.

“I guess not, but no one really knows…”

“Yeah looks like something you’d see in a high school textbook right? Look at the weapons. They are an amalgamation of a bunch of different time periods right?”
I pause and wait for her to respond, but after a few beats I continue. “Everything in here is a construct of my head. I don’t know what is time appropriate so it is what it is, I’ve got weapons from all different periods here. Nothing makes any sense. I can control everything here. Watch.”

*Snap*

Suddenly the sun in the sky disappears, as darkness falls over the land. Candles flicker and begin illuminating the room.

*Snap*

With the second snap both of us are in our ring gear.

*Snap*

The third and final snap puts the both of us outside on a beach, back in our era appropriate apparel, with the moon hovering over the open water. Reflecting off the water, as the waves slowly crash upon the sand at our feet.

“See. I know what I’m doing.”

“Well then what do I need this for?”
Atara pulls a small green orb out. It begins to pulsate as she hands it over, I pull out the blue orb. The two orbs slowly morph into one glowing cyan orb.

*Snap*

I snap my fingers and the third red orb appears in my opposite hand. I place the red orb with the other. Slowly they begin to merge. A bright yellow hue begins to form in my hand, and just as quickly it dies down.

“Well that was my ticket out of here.”

“I thought you can control everything here?”

“Within reason. The three orbs allow me to get sent back with no repercussions, but now this is how I’ve got to get you out of here.”
I didn’t explain any further as Atara and I looked out over the water. Eventually I break the silence.

“We really need to find Osira and get you out of here.”
Atara smiles and sits down on the sandy beach, and pats the ground next to her.

“Just sit down.”
I reluctantly sit down next to her.

“We just really need to get moving on this.”
Atara drapes her arm over my shoulders and leans her head on my shoulder.

“It can wait until the morning. Can we just enjoy this moment please? Just the two of us. Here. With each other.”
I lean my head up against hers, and that feeling of contentment washes over me like the waves on the beach. “And don’t you think about snapping.” I let out a slight laugh and gave her a small kiss on the top of her head.

“Listen...I need to tell you something…”
Atara places a hand over my mouth preventing me from saying anything else.

“I know.”
She said as I slowly peel her hand off of my face, and hold it tightly.

“Just let me say it then…”
She looks up at me with the most sincere look and smiles.

“I’m just not there yet.”

I just nod as she places her head on my shoulder again, as the sounds of the waves tumbling towards us bring us to a relaxed calm. All alone.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
B.O.B. D (05-22-2020), Chris Page (05-24-2020), Doug Whitford (05-22-2020), Felix Jones (05-22-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (05-22-2020), Theo Pryce (05-22-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (05-22-2020)