Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-03-2024, 08:39 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
The Introductory Press Conference
Harold Davis Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-01-2013, 07:39 PM

We cut in to what seems to be the beginnings of a press conference. There are a good number of reporters, or they could be just random people that have been hired to make one look more important... trust me, it happens! Said reporters start to engage in small talk with one another wondering why they have been called here at this time. I would think that the rather large XWF banner draped behind everything would be a clue.

After a few more minutes two men make their way out from the right side of the banner. They are both impeccably dressed, expensive custom made suits and the such and both have rather large smiles spread across their faces. One man stands about six foot three, must be 240 pounds, the physique of a wrestler, surprise surprise! The other is quite a bit smaller, I would say five-nine. He doesn't look like a wrestler in the slightest. As they both take their seats and prepare to speak there is a hush that surrounds everyone there. Let's hear what these two men have to say. The larger man speaks first.

Harold Davis:Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, my name is Harold Davis and I am the newest acquisition to the XWF. The man sitting to my right is Leon and he is my Personal Assistant, his surname isn't important. Leon and I have called this press conference so that I can introduce myself to the XWF populous. I will give a brief bio about myself then I will field any questions that you may have.

Harold pauses for a bit, takes a deep breath and smiles.

Harold Davis:As I said before my name is Harold Davis and I am somewhat of a rarity in sports entertainment. I am an intelligent, well-adjusted human being. I don't have a family of my own but I don't think that is the be-all and end-all of happiness. I have my friends, I have my business degree, majoring in marketing and public relations and I have my health and my wealth. I am happy.

As some of you may have picked up from my accent I am Australian. I have wrestled all over Australia in various federations to great success. The only downfall was that wrestling in Australia isn't massive compared to Europe, Japan and the United States so I had to do a lot of self-promoting to try and get myself in the public spotlight. It got to a point where I was doing so much work outside of the ring that I couldn't work on my in-ring skills as much as I wanted to. Now I have this opportunity in the XWF, a company which seems to be able to market itself and its stars a lot better I get to show everyone my prowess inside the squared circle.

I will take questions now.

Most of the reporters there put their hands up and try to get Harold's attention. He gestures at one to ask their question.

Reporter: Mr Davis, in all due respect we have seen many, many wrestlers enter the XWF. What will make you stand out from all the rest? How are you different? How are you better?

Harold Davis: I have scouted all the talent in the XWF and a lot of them are accomplished, they are very good at what they do. But I think that they are wasting too much time and energy trying to "punk out" their opponent before a match. If you master your craft inside the ring you don't have to go to those lengths to try and beat your opponent. The aim of this business is simple. Win matches. To win matches you have to pin your opponents shoulders down for a three count or make them submit. You can't do that by throwing insults at them before your scheduled match. No one has ever been pinned by a yo momma's so fat joke. I personally love it when people try to psyche me out. I love the look on their faces when all that energy and brainpower they put into "mentally" beating me gets thrown out the door when I beat them with one perfectly executed move.

So I implore anyone in the XWF to try and break me.

Harold nods at Leon

Leon: Thank you everyone, this press conference is over.
Edit Hate Post Like Post