Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-08-2024, 01:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entrance Music
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-04-2016, 04:54 PM

Hope this is an ok thing for me to post. I remember reading that this is a mostly in character fed so if you guys don't want discussions like this lemme know. My thought is efedders are kind of a dying breed so most of the guys here have probably been doing this a while. So in all those years there is probably some interesting stuff to discuss.

I figured something seemingly small like entrance music probably has a lot more meaning behind it to you guys than most people think.

A lot of times for my opponent I just see what the song is and quickly move past it without much thought(because I'm a lazy asshole). If I haven't heard it I probably won't even listen.

I chose The Red by Chevelle for Travis because I love the band and I think it makes for a really good theme. The song starts pretty slow but the first verse is really short. It has those chords at the beginning that are really recognizable and would get a pop/jeer from the crowd. Then it hits the chorus really fast with a big note/explosion of sound. Which is when I visualize the lights hitting and Travis standing on the ramp.

The lyrics are also pretty dope for a 'fight song'

Another song I've always loved for an entrance theme is Never Let Down by Andrew WK. I used it for a stable I was involved in but it didn't exactly fit the heel group. It'd be perfect for the right kind of face. As a straight up theme I like it better than The Red but I don't think it fits Travis. The beginning piano riff is fucking amazing

Why'd you pick your music for the character you're using? Did you put a lot of thought into it or did you just pick a song you dig? Have you tried other themes? Do you have any other songs in the back of your head that you've thought would make badass entrance themes?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Travis McCoy's post:
Ophelia (03-04-2016)
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-04-2016, 07:48 PM

NOTE: As I said at the end of this, this is a very long post, but I wanted to cover all of the characters that were important to me, and that covers a lot of ground over a decade and a half. If you don't have the time, I totally understand, but if ya do, thanks for reading.

Take care.

I chose 'Boogieman' by Twiztid after thinking about a few others, of course some Manson songs were in the mix. But I settled on Boogieman because, for one thing, it's a song one of my best friends loves and she thought it'd be perfect for the character. We both especially love the chorus. Also, it just covers his dark gimmick, and how he and his friend/manager Alice are different from the norm. For my old character raYne [which many people here know infamously]... I used stuff like "Believe" by Cher, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper, "Rain" by Madonna, "Can't Stop the Rain" by Kropp Circle and "Return to Innocence" by Enigma. He's basically me amped up; a bi-sexual, androgynous, free-spirit who's "fierce" and isn't ashamed to be who he is, so anything that fits that I'd choose. On the flip-side, he had an alter ego, Reeve, who was the darkness to Rayne's llght. "Dope Show" by Manson, "Shout 2000" by Disturbed, "I Hope You Suffer" by AFi, just a handful of his themes...

I also used myself as a character early on, using my school nickname I had used for my comics in the school newspaper; $hane-o-mac Bry, who's namesake was of course Vinny-Mac's son, Shane McMahon. He used "Back in Black" by AC/DC mainly cuz his stable was the sWo and, due to the black and white scheme among other things, it just fit somehow. He als used "Come With Me" by Puff Daddy, "Money" by Pink Floyd, and a couple of others. I had a character named Viruz who had Hayabusa (R.I.P.) as his pic base, and as he was a hacker, he used both "Reload" by Rob Zombie and "Twisted Transistor" by Korn as themes.

Another of my characters, Axl VanHalen, started off as what was basically the gimmick of a poor man's Vinnie Lane (of course using "Welcome To The Jungle", what else :^P )... but he shed that and became a goth poser (this was all in a parody fed called Brawlers on a Budget, so of course the gimmicks were jokes, until...) ...he shed the false images and became his true self, a grungey, Raven-esque type of guy who had a serious edge to him. He started using "Do You Call My Name" by Ra, and focused on himself, instead of the people. He took on a manager named Tifa Bon Jovi (who took her name from, well, you know >_< ) and she became his corner stone, his rock. She led him to a World Title, and this parlayed into a relationship, which in turn led to the two of them bringing in two of their friends, Kevin Slash and Bing O. Hall, who call themselves the "WildSiderz" after the song by Motley Crue whch again, of course, they use as a theme song.

Collectively they referr to themselves as the Crue World Order, who use "Hero" by Skillet as a team theme and travel globally working for indies as a 'World Tour'. Tifa uses "Fight Like A Girl" by Emilie Autumn, and Axl now uses "Save Us" by Mushroomhead. Another character I played here in XWF for a bit, Jack Hoff, used "Bawitabah" by Kid Rock, and raYne's cousin, snOw, used "Are We All We Are" by P!nk originally, "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks sometimes, and "Weatherman" by Dead Sara other times. Her girfriend "MuddaFukkin'" Martha Faulken uses "Poison" by Alice Cooper, and Tifa [who is also a member, as she is raYne's best frend and snOw trained her] uses "F.L.A.G." as well as sometimes "Die For You" by Megan McCauley;

And finally, I have a character named JJ Mynuz, who's the only cardboard record selling artist. Meaning he sold one copy... to himself. Tongue Though, he's also the only character other than Reeve and Axl who I've led to a World Title. In my first fed no less, way back around 2002 or so. His theme was "X Gonna Give it to Ya", as DMX has always been one of my fave 'current gen' rappers. I've had a few other characters other than these, but these are the main ones that pop into my mind. I know this was a long post, but I just knew I'd have to mention all of my main characters to show how diverse both my character array and taste in music are. Normally I'd post all the vids but that'd have to take up some bandwidth. >.< Sorry if this is too long, trying to work on that. :^/

Peace. ^.^
~ 'Other Shane'

[Image: ophelia2_zpstx1ql308.png]

The Truth will set you free.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ophelia's post:
Travis McCoy (03-05-2016)
Chris MacBeth Offline
Knight of the X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-05-2016, 04:45 PM

I picked fucking in the bushes by Oasis because most people don't realise it is Oasis and also it's awesome.

Who has watch snatch people??

[Image: bkr0f_Tl.jpg]

Chris Macbeth's Backstage Page

1 X XWF Hart Champion - 04/27/16 - 06/08/16
1 X XWF Tag Team Champion. - 04/06/16 - 05/25/16
1 X Heavy Metal Weight Champion - 04/29/13 - 05/05/13
1 X 24/7 Federweight Champion - 02/21/16 - 02/23/16
1 X Star of the Month

Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O&gt;

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

03-05-2016, 07:04 PM

For me if I'm going a male character(or a creepy freak character) I usually use kid rock songs, gothic songs, or acdc songs. If I'm doing a femal character I usually find a/ or use a song that represents who the character is.

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
Kaos Mckee Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-05-2016, 07:25 PM

(03-05-2016, 04:45 PM)Chris Macbeth Said: I picked fucking in the bushes by Oasis because most people don't realise it is Oasis and also it's awesome.

Snatch is a great, often underrated movie.

I chose Xzibit-Get your walk on because it just really gets me ready for whatever i need to do. It was also my boxing entrance music so theres that
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kaos Mckee's post:
Ophelia (03-05-2016)
Ophelia Offline
The Truth

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-05-2016, 08:39 PM

(03-05-2016, 07:25 PM)Kaos Mckee Said:
(03-05-2016, 04:45 PM)Chris Macbeth Said: I picked fucking in the bushes by Oasis because most people don't realise it is Oasis and also it's awesome.

Snatch is a great, often underrated movie.

I chose Xzibit-Get your walk on because it just really gets me ready for whatever i need to do. It was also my boxing entrance music so theres that

You were like, a real boxer? :^O Are you still or retired? :^/

EDIT: And I love the nWo avie. 2Sweet, 4Life. ^_^

[Image: ophelia2_zpstx1ql308.png]

The Truth will set you free.
Hate Post Like Post