Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-22-2024, 11:18 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behind The Curtain /w Fedor Orlov Episode 1
RealSovietDamage Away
Your Favourite Russian Interviewer

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

10-25-2014, 01:12 AM

"Afternoon everybody! Welcome to the first episode of Behind The Curtain! Welcoming our first guest... Recent signing to XWF, Harley Jack! How ya' doing Jack?"

"Doin' all right. Be even better when I can light a smoke. My "agent" says it's not allowed for this interview, that true?"

Bah, I don't mind. We're all informal here, go ahead! Where you from Harley?"

"I like you already." Harley says with a finger pointed, then pulls out a cigarette from the pack in his shirt pocket and lights it. He takes a long drag, much to his relief.

"To answer your question (blows out smoke), from Fort Worth, Texas. If you ask me, there's no better place, but that's just me." Harley smirks.

"So tell me Harley, how did you get into wrestling?"

"15 years ago, I was bouncin' for Billy Bob's out there in Fort Worth when a longtime buddy o' mine talked me into joining the business. I was known for bein' good at my job, and it's safe to say I didn't wanna leave it. On occasion, the son of a bitch asks me if I regret comin' into wrestling. Considerin' I've been a federation's hardcore, united states, and heavyweight champion multiple times, and have been a CEO after retirement, I don't regret it. I made money and cracked skulls, but needless to say, that ran its course years ago, so I left the business to run a motorcycle shop. But when a man gets tired of doin' maintenance on punk kids' popcorn "crotch rocket" machines, and is a damn fine professional wrestler, retirement is no longer an option. So.....here I am, again, at 46 years young." Harley takes a drag as someone slides an ash tray to him from out of view.

"Wow, you’ve been everywhere then? What’s the worst venue you’ve performed at?"

Harley thumps loose ash from his cigarette into the ashtray, smiling in response to the question. "Heh. That's a good one...The owner of the federation got me booked to work with him to fight a couple of guys from a rival company in some annual inter-fed show. Reddz was his name, and he was a damn fine tag team partner and a better friend. The venue wasn't too bad, a civic center in Missouri, but I never wrestled in a worse ring. Can't count the times I almost broke my damn ankle in that ring. The crowd hated our guts, especially after embarrassing the whole damn company in that show. It was a damn good time, decent venue but the ring was hell. Comparin' to the places I was used to at the time, that venue was the worst."

"That’s terrible. I remember I had to wrestle in a venue called “The Minefield” and it literally was a wrestling ring on a minefield… What do you hope to achieve here?"

Harley takes another drag from his cigarette, and rubs his goatee. "There's a lot I'm plannin' to achieve here. But to me, there ain't much to hope or plan for if I tell the public what they are. I haven't ever run into anyone I'm afraid of, and there ain't ever gunna be an anyone to be afraid of, but the fact is there's a lotta competition here in the X Dubya F, I see that, I've done the research." Harley thumps ash into the ashtray. "I'll tell you this much, I was in this business for a long time, and I'm no stranger to a competitive roster. I've been out for what I thought was for good, but when an itch gets so severe that it needs to be scratched, there's not a damn thing that's gunna stop me from scratchin' it. So if I have to tell ya what I not hope, but plan to achieve, it's by the time I have to leave this business again, I will be remembered."

"Alrighty! Time to answer a few questions from our fans..."

Damage gets out a laptop.

Quote:"Harley Jack. You are one of those underrated Indy Legends. I am currently am wrestling on the independent circuit right now, is there any advice you can give me? P.S I'm a big fan. Been following your stuff since I was a kid."
- Jake Tucker from Cornwall, England.

"Damn kid makes me feel a helluva lot older...First off, Jake, thanks for bein' loyal. I don't care much for thank yous and flattery, but loyalty goes a helluva long way with me...that or I'm gettin' soft.

If you want my advice: grow a thick skin if you don't have one, and don't listen to anybody who tells you that you can't do somethin'. What'll set you apart from any punk ass kid who thinks his shit don't stink is your heart and willpower to keep goin'. I remember a guy who told me I'd never amount to anything in this business...a year later, I was tellin' him not to let the door hit his ass on the way out of the federation I was hired to help run. As long as you keep your heart solid, your skin thick, and never take no for an answer, I promise you'll make it."

"Next question from a guy name Cameron… Ooohh, Harley you’ve got a hard question here!"

Quote:“Hey Harley, I was wondering about what the XWF is like backstage. Can you give any names on who’s a **** and who’s alright? Also who are the locker room leaders? Thanks.”
Cameron Smith from New York City.

"Cameron, that's a good question for someone who's been here longer than me. I'm not new to the business, but I'm new here, so I'm just at that point when I'm gettin' used to my surroundings, knowin' who's who. The only answer I can give ya is that Shane, the owner, was generous enough to sign me. I could tell you he contacted me, but I don't bullshit, the fact is I contacted X Dubya F and he accepted. When I'm here long enough, I'll give you a better answer, Cameron."

"Final question and then we’ll end this interview."

Quote:“Who do you think is going to win at Wargames?”
- Joji Osaka from Tokyo, Japan.

"I really can’t say, it’s very close to call. Though I do think there will some amazing matches. It was a shame I couldn't enter myself in the draft pool, though I do fancy the chances of Eli's team, partly because he's the Uni Champ."

"Alright, that’s all from us here at the Behind The Curtain set and as this is pre taped, I hope you all had a great show in Detroit!"

[Image: SzrOES6.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post