Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-04-2024, 01:09 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE banter thread
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

03-25-2016, 09:40 AM

So we're all obviously fans of wrestling or at least were at one point so I thought a thread to rant and talk about the biggest promotion in the world could be useful. I also really just wanted to post this quote from Kevin Owens on AJ Styles.

"I mean look, AJ Styles, he called himself phenomenal, I don’t know about that, but he’s great. Tremendous performer, a great athlete, but he’s got the same haircut as my aunt and I can’t look past that. I’m sorry but it’s true. That’s the truth. My aunt’s like in her fifties and she’s a woman. AJ Styles is not a woman and he’s not in his fifties and I feel like that haircut’s unacceptable. But I feel like it could work to his opponent’s advantage once in a while because it gets in his eyes and he can’t see. I don’t know he can keep it if he wants I’ll just keep making fun of it.”

If they were in an efed Owens would of just won
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Shade Offline
The Prince Of Death

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-25-2016, 10:49 AM

I see where you are coming from and yes he looks too emo for my liking i think he should have cut his hair short because he looks more credible agian also why the hell is sin cara and zack ryder in the ladder match for the Ic Title i understand stardust because he is a multiple time ic champ but those too one was screwed by John Cena and the other guy is the poster boy for botchamania

[Image: YZrYFEd.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-25-2016, 11:15 AM

I watch WWE because it's easiest lol and they do things right occasionally. When WWE is good nothing else touches it
Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-25-2016, 11:18 AM

(03-25-2016, 10:49 AM)Shade Said: I see where you are coming from and yes he looks too emo for my liking i think he should have cut his hair short because he looks more credible agian also why the hell is sin cara and zack ryder in the ladder match for the Ic Title i understand stardust because he is a multiple time ic champ but those too one was screwed by John Cena and the other guy is the poster boy for botchamania

Ryder took Neville's spot. Sin Cara probably got the nod because he's worked his ass off this year. Lots of shows. He deserves the wrestlemania spot and paycheck after what he's done. A big part is probably that he's mentored Kalisto who could very well end up being the next Mysterio for WWE and that's huge for the company.
Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-25-2016, 11:30 AM

(03-25-2016, 10:58 AM)Rebel Star Said: [Image: lukpHRz.jpg]

I used to watch wrestling a lot, primarily WWE based but little by little my viewing dwindled and now, I don't watch their programs at all. They just don't put out entertaining or even decent stuff any more imo. They failed when they brought in Sting and now I recently read he's retired. They screwed up Kevin Steen (Owens), they'll definitely fuck up AJ Styles (wait for it cause it's going to happen sooner or later) and I just think they're a sub-par company compared to their former selves. I honestly don't know how people continue to watch and accept the boring, scripted, predictable material they continuously churn out but I've given up on accepting it. #XWF #TNA #NJPW #ROH #LuchaUnderground #RPW #AnycompanybesidestheWWE

You know I hear this sort of logic a lot from people who actually still watch WWE. I spend a decent amount of time on another wrestling board and I'm used to this.

The Sting thing, Sting is saying he can still go but apparently has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis. Which ended Edge and Stone Cold's careers.

I don't think they fucked up Owens. I understand people wanted him to go over Cena in their feud, but he beat him night one clean and then had a few awesome matches where he pushed Cena to his absolute limit. I think that's pretty impressive. Just because he doesn't get the win doesn't mean he didn't get a helluva rub. He's the IC champ going into mania and from the sound of his promos they've let him off his leash. Which to me shows they have a ton of faith in him and are letting him entertain.

At the end of the day WWE has a roster I fucking love. So many guys I'm entertained by and am excited to see coming up. NXT is amazing, even if you're not a fan of WWE you need to be watching nxt if you're a wrestling fan. Chad Gable is a flashy Dean Malenko and he's stunning. Nakamura is coming in with what looks to be a decent push. Balor is being Balor, Samoa Joe is on point and guys like Ciampo and Johnny Garganno look to be getting some push too.

There is always going to be a world cruiserweight open this summer that is going to be massive and probably awesome.

AJ, I actually am a little bothered by his fued with Jericho. I'd rather have seen him in title contention but alas he gets a feud with Jericho which I'm sure to management looks like a big deal. Aj and Jericho will tear it up at mania though so I'm happy with that.
Hate Post Like Post
Shade Offline
The Prince Of Death

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-25-2016, 01:54 PM

(03-25-2016, 10:58 AM)Rebel Star Said: [Image: lukpHRz.jpg]

I used to watch wrestling a lot, primarily WWE based but little by little my viewing dwindled and now, I don't watch their programs at all. They just don't put out entertaining or even decent stuff any more imo. They failed when they brought in Sting and now I recently read he's retired. They screwed up Kevin Steen (Owens), they'll definitely fuck up AJ Styles (wait for it cause it's going to happen sooner or later) and I just think they're a sub-par company compared to their former selves. I honestly don't know how people continue to watch and accept the boring, scripted, predictable material they continuously churn out but I've given up on accepting it. #XWF #TNA #NJPW #ROH #LuchaUnderground #RPW #AnycompanybesidestheWWE

Understand but nxt

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

03-25-2016, 05:59 PM

kevin owens is god.. hey take it from the guy who used him as a pic base Wink

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Shade (03-26-2016)
Dillinger Offline
I am total chaos. Strange and abstruse.

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

03-25-2016, 11:02 PM

I'm looking forward to Nakamura in NXT.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillinger's post:
Shade (03-26-2016)
Shade Offline
The Prince Of Death

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-26-2016, 02:28 AM

nakamura vs sayn match of the year contender already but i can't believe that sayn is working double duty on mania week with all the injuries they have. you could almost make an injury royal rumble match with all the guys they have out

Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 07:06 AM

Early rumor is Bayley will be pulling double duty to.

It's not uncommon for guys to work a takeover special and a ppv. Owens did it in Brooklyn.

The injuries are even more of a reason they have to do it. They're thin they have to use their talent
Hate Post Like Post
Shade Offline
The Prince Of Death

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-26-2016, 07:50 AM

(03-26-2016, 07:06 AM)Travis McCoy Said: Early rumor is Bayley will be pulling double duty to.

It's not uncommon for guys to work a takeover special and a ppv. Owens did it in Brooklyn.

The injuries are even more of a reason they have to do it. They're thin they have to use their talent

i understand that aspect, but this is different in a way because he just recently came
back from injury and not only is he going into a ladder match which can injure him his facing the king of strong style

Hate Post Like Post
Blue Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Owens has been really protected. It's just that he just got an absolutely huge monster push in NXT and people expected that to translate to the main roster. He beat John Cena clean. That rarely happens.
Hate Post Like Post
Blue Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2016, 11:43 AM

(03-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Rebel Star Said: Well, that's why his multiple losses to Cena following that should have been expected. I knew that's how it would go, lol. That's how it always goes when someone beats Cena... it becomes a time for him to overcome the odds, again.

Nah, he only lost like twice to Cena afterwards. But think, what other people win cleanly over John Cena?
Hate Post Like Post
William W. Warren Offline
Attorney at Law. Sleep Well, August.

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 11:44 AM

(03-26-2016, 11:43 AM)Tush Said:
(03-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Rebel Star Said: Well, that's why his multiple losses to Cena following that should have been expected. I knew that's how it would go, lol. That's how it always goes when someone beats Cena... it becomes a time for him to overcome the odds, again.

Nah, he only lost like twice to Cena afterwards. But think, what other people win cleanly over John Cena?

Tush.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like William W. Warren's post:
Blue Gator (03-26-2016), Thomas Girard (03-26-2016)
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 11:57 AM

I mean...Cena is essentially Hulk Hogan . a clean win over him is huge regardless of what happens after
Hate Post Like Post
William W. Warren Offline
Attorney at Law. Sleep Well, August.

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 12:01 PM

(03-26-2016, 11:54 AM)Rebel Star Said: When did someone beat Cena (clean or dirty) and he didn't overcome them, repeatedly?

Tush.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like William W. Warren's post:
Blue Gator (03-26-2016), Thomas Girard (03-26-2016)
Blue Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2016, 12:13 PM

(03-26-2016, 11:54 AM)Rebel Star Said: People usually don't. That's the normal formula of a fight with John Cena, either he wins or he loses because of cheating or something to that effect. However, if a clean victory over Super Cena does happen, he has to overcome them. More than once. That's just how it goes, lol. That's how it always goes but it's even more of a given if he loses cleanly. Think, when was that not the case? When did someone beat Cena (clean or dirty) and he didn't overcome them, repeatedly?

Daniel Bryan I think.
Hate Post Like Post
Shade Offline
The Prince Of Death

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

03-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Look people Cena is the biggest heel in the bussiness his gimmick is that he acts face even though he's a heel. im seeing him screw taker at wrestlemania 32 to give shane the win

Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 01:44 PM

(03-26-2016, 12:52 PM)Shade Said: Look people Cena is the biggest heel in the bussiness his gimmick is that he acts face even though he's a heel. im seeing him screw taker at wrestlemania 32 to give shane the win

I totally disagree with saying Cena is the biggest heel. The guy is a bread and butter babyface that gets boo'd by people who are sick of him. That doesn't make him a heel. That makes him a stale babyface that kids love.

If he screws Taker he's doing it to get rid of the Authority which really is a noble cause.

I also love Cena if we're being honest. I'm pretty tired of his gimmick but I love that he has embraced that half the audience hates him. I love that he stepped out of the main event and made the US title the most interesting it's been since I've been watching wrestling. The dude was having four and a couple five star matches every week with his open challenge working with mid card guys.

and he was doing it no where near the main title.

That's awesome for those guys even if when they didn't win. They look great because they took Cena to the limit. Also in a shoot way, working with a guy like Cena in a 20 minute match is an amazing learning experience.

I think some smart fans get too invested in wins and losses in a sport that's scripted. I mean if you look at it that way it's a little ridiculous.

Honestly though, I don't buy into the heel/face dynamic like a lot of people do. I see it as a much more fluid thing, and that really has come to the forefront because of Cena. Look at New Day. They have turned baby face without changing their character at all.

Look at the Taker/Shane match. Taker is the legend fighting for his career in his home state. Shane is the McMahon trying to take control of the company.

But Shane is doing it to remove a heel authority figure. It's totally confusing to pick a heel/face in that match and I love it.
Hate Post Like Post
15 Shows His Ass Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-26-2016, 02:49 PM

I've noticed something about wrestling fans. Especially the ones on the internet. And that's whatever is happening at the moment, is never good. Or they should have done this. It's all WWE's fault for not using this guy right. If there's a way to complain, they'll complain. The fact of the matter is WWE is the best wrestling promotion. Period. Not because it's the easiest to watch. It's the easiest to watch because it's the best one. Plain and simple. Best talent, best writers, best production and best owner. It is what it is. Sure it's not always great but when it is it's the best. Sometimes they drop the ball with a guy but sometimes the superstar drops the ball on themself.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference though right. I've always thought if you don't like it, don't watch. That's why from 2009-2013 I only watched during WM season. But around the time The Sheild came in and Triple H turned heel and the Authority storyline against Daniel Bryan started, things really picked up. It's been kinda average lately with all the injuries and the fact the crowd can't behind Roman Reigns. I've also noticed there not as crazy for anyone anymore. Not even Ambrose or Ziggler.
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-27-2016, 10:34 AM

What I found most hilarious was within minutes after Kevin Owens beat Cena in their first match, the announcers were already telling us that a rematch had been signed! (for the next PPV I believe)

Normally we'd have to wait until the next Raw OR SOMETHING before knowing a rematch is already official, but no...

It's like they knew they couldn't let the "universe" think that Owens might just walk right through John Cena without looking back, even for just one night. We couldn't have been allowed to think it even for one night. They had to make sure we all knew that same night that Cena's insta-wins were already being lined up and that Owens was going to be knocked back down from what could have been a 10 times more amazing push.

I remember laughing so hard as soon as they started talking about the rematch ALREADY being booked! Laughing for all the wrong reasons, sadly...

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Alexis Riot Offline
You Will Respect Me

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

03-27-2016, 11:53 AM

I don't have a problem with the WWE being scripted, ALL of pro wrestling is scripted to begin with. It's like Game Of Thrones or a Shakespearian play, sure it's fake, but we're willing to buy into it and be entertained by the world it creates! My problem with the WWE is that the script they use sucks! Talented heels get crushed by bland babyfaces, old people win 80% of the time despite being past their prime, talented faces either get stuck with awful gimmicks or get buried with a series of losses and awful storylines, women are treated like sex symbols and not wrestlers (although that's changing), and Vince McMahon is always right even when he isn't!

That's why I don't watch the WWE anymore (besides NXT) unless I'm catching highlights on YouTube. My favorite wrestling promotions at the moment are Lucha Underground (An example of obivously being fake but still being entertaining and even captivating), Chikara (It's just plain fun), and I'm planning on watching ROH sooner than later! Does anyone have any recommendations for good alternatives to the WWE?

Also, to respond to 15 Shows, I have to agree. Wrestling fans are pretty bitter at times, but then again, when the biggest wrestling show there is, and probably the one most non wrestling fans have heard of, features horrible romance plots, promos more wooden than a log cabin, predicable interference and screwy finishes in EVERY SINGLE MATCH that get no one over, and wrestlers with no clue on how to be a decent babyface or heel, it's plain to see why we get so angry that the WWE is what most people think wrestling is like! Perhaps, however, instead of channeling our energy on hating on the bad, we should foucus on what makes wrestling great!

[Image: RgWkPlt.jpg]

Love me? Good. Hate me? Better

Accomplishments:
1 Time X-Treme Champion
Snow Job Gauntlet Winner

Hate Post Like Post
15 Shows His Ass Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-28-2016, 07:51 PM

It's social media. It's the internet. Wrestling has ALWAYS been romance plots, shitty promos and predictable screwy finishes. But when everyone loved wrestling we didn't get to read about it on the internet. As just loved it. But now with social media and all the fans knowing what baby face, heel, kayfabe, getting over, getting buried and all these other terms mean, it ruins it for everyone. You think it's gotten worse. But it hasn't. If has always been what it is today. I choose to just enjoy it.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes 15 Shows His Ass's post:
prince_23 (03-28-2016)
prince_23 Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-28-2016, 08:35 PM

Well said
Hate Post Like Post