Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-06-2024, 06:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder Regarding This Week's Madness
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

04-17-2014, 05:26 AM Exclamation  Reminder Regarding This Week's Madness -->

Last week's turnout for Madness was poor to say the least, so far this week's is looking worse.

I am not exactly sure what the issue is, but if someone would like to let me know that would be great.

It's certainly a lot more fun putting a show together when those involved are invested in it.

This week's Madness is a Battle Royal, the winner of which gets a guaranteed title shot.

So get cracking.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Minxs Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-17-2014, 06:15 AM

Role playing takes the back burner when life gets busy. Like if someone gets sick, gets a job promotion, starts school, has a child. Should be everyone's first thought as to why shows get bad turnouts. Not trying to sound like a bitch or condescending or anything seeing as I just got up but...situations come up where people don't want to write, life decides to take others for a tailspin or a combination of both.

Then there's the rare good days of nice weather. Ain't no one gonna be in the house on those days. It's just a matter of catching people on the right day, at the right time. Maybe when it's gets to be summer and you have very bored students and/or those who get the summer off from work will you have a high turnout.

Wow...that's drawn out lol. Yep...coffee time.

[Image: 8xpNjmb.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-17-2014, 07:37 AM

uh its easter/spring break?

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
MARIA BRINK Offline
Mrs. Peter F'n Gilmour

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

04-17-2014, 08:50 AM

I'm not a fan of rumbles. But I promise to try and never let you down. Never gonna give you up.

[Image: JDBXAeW.jpg]
[Image: LEU246w.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Scorpio Offline
Dick Of Doom

XWF FanBase:

04-17-2014, 09:23 AM

I know how to get people to rp for Madness, rename it Warfare! Tongue

I'll probably throw one of my characters in the rumble though, have something fun planned.

[Image: Scorpin.png]

#DickToFaces

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scorpio's post:
Ozymandias (04-17-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Hey, update. Found out that on Tuesday we start a huge project at work. I'm going to try and pump out at least 3, so I won't let you down. If this won't work for you, yodel at your boi.
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-17-2014, 08:03 PM

I understand that people have other things going on in life but at the same time if you OBLIGATE yourself to something then don’t be a liar and blow shit off. It tells me that maturity levels are very low for some people. We should try and be adults and held to our word. If you sign for a match then you show up and do what you can. If it’s a nice day then have a good time but DARKNESS and NIGHT TIME are when most of us post our roleplays because the “nice day” is over. If you become sick, then that is the best time to roleplay because again I think people forget something very important. THIS IS A GAME! ITS SUPOSE TO BE FUN! If it’s a chore to you then maybe its time to roll out and enjoy that beautiful day on a more permanent basis. To me this is a game and it is fun and I enjoy the competition here. I know that people are busy doing shit but at the same time it seems more like people no showing or half-assing so they don’t get run through the grinder (so to speak). Lets remember to ENJOY THE GAME and have fun. Excuses are for real life…not the boards.

and I am saying this with all the love in my soul...I think...

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Morbid Angel's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (04-17-2014)
Mandii Rider Offline
Eat Your Heart Out Bitches

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-17-2014, 08:12 PM

I'm going to try to post at least 2 more before the deadline on Calamity. My reason for not being that active isn't spring break or Easter just that my body is having a crap fest. Good news though, I will be doing more because I'm on bed rest for the next month, yay...

jlHCQQ.png

Hate Post Like Post
Scorpio Offline
Dick Of Doom

XWF FanBase:

04-17-2014, 08:24 PM

(04-17-2014, 08:12 PM)Mandii Said: I will be doing more because I'm on bed rest for the next month, yay...

[Image: 33752381.jpg]

Couldn't resist.

[Image: Scorpin.png]

#DickToFaces

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Scorpio's post:
Mandii Rider (04-17-2014), Morbid Angel (04-17-2014)
AlexandraCallaway Offline
Demon or Angel? You decide!

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-17-2014, 09:42 PM

I'd rp for it as one of my three characters, but I've got a 8 to 10 page paper due as a final, and I have been buried under a shit ton of fucking research. So yea. I promise to be back as soon as finals are over. College is a fucking bitch.

1x UFO E1999 Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

04-18-2014, 07:38 AM

It's the fact it's a rumble. No one likes to compete in a match they have very little chance of winning. That's what my guess is

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 08:02 AM

It's a Battle Royale, so everyone has an equal shot at winning.

Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

04-18-2014, 08:28 AM

I know everyone has an equal shot at winning, but there's one winner out of like 10/15 or however many there is, so less people tend to get excited about it because they think they have less chance of winning, that's what I reckon anyway

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 08:29 AM

Perhaps that's true.

It doesn't explain recent activity on the show but it certainly could explain this week's show. I'll be bummed if I have a rumble that has 7-8 performers in it but so be it. I will move on and one of those lucky fellas or females will get a title shot.

Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

04-18-2014, 08:35 AM

Yeah, can't understand the lack of activity lately either to be honest

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Minxs Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-18-2014, 02:39 PM

Midterms, finals, people getting work. Regardless, life is more important than a game. End of story. Either people get busy, can't think of anything to write. That should be the bare bone reason for lack of activity.

[Image: 8xpNjmb.png]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-18-2014, 03:00 PM

You guys are too used to when we've got almost too much activity. To be honest right now things are slower than they were before the PPV but compared to other feds we are still blowing many of them away with how active we are. Don't worry... this happens from time to time. XWF goes between being super insanely active to just being active, and then it goes back again. It's a never ending cycle.

I've seen rumbles before with just 4 people and they've worked out. I've also seen rumbles with 20+ people that bombed BECAUSE of how over crowded they were. Also, Archie is right about how an open rumble basically says there will be one winner and X amount of losers. People will be a little less likely to enter when it's a situation like that. It's just a part of the game. You'd have to really hype up a rumble and get multiple perks going for it to really get the whole fed excited about it.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 03:02 PM

Well I thought about a royale/rumble with a briefcase on the line but we all saw how the last one of those turned out...

Also Archie is never right, don't say such things. The last thing we need is for him to get a big head.

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-18-2014, 03:15 PM

lol yeah... I meant more of a descending system of incentives so multiple people could get something out of it though. If people think there are 3 or so different rewards going out to different people, it really increases the idea that they'll have a chance to come out of it with something positive. (like maybe the winner gets this, the runner up gets that, and the 3rd place gets something) Otherwise I could see people thinking it's like playing the lottery and I can also understand why they might not "go crazy" with RPs that week if they figure it's hit or miss anyway.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 04:38 PM

Every entrant will get one pound of weed. Winner is hooked up for life time. Which means, I will buy them a shitty apartment in the state of their choice that has legalized weed.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ozymandias's post:
(04-18-2014), Morbid Angel (04-18-2014)
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-18-2014, 04:43 PM

does it have a View? Nigga, I can't be living without a view!

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Morbid Angel's post:
(04-18-2014)
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 04:48 PM

For you, absolutely. A gorgeous view of Section 8 housing.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ozymandias's post:
Morbid Angel (04-19-2014)
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

04-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Im opting into this battle royal. Ill get some work up tomorrow.

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-19-2014, 11:19 AM

I told ya', open battle royals rarely have good turnouts. I can't think of one that we did that was successful. There's just something unappealing about RPing for a big clusterfuck where no one knows their opponents.

As for inactivity, I wouldn't make a thing out of it. Take the guys you have who are being active and make a hot feud or storyline out of it. You won't get anywhere if you go around trying to pry answers out of people as to why they aren't participating. Reward those people who give a shit by giving them your full attention, and ignore the ones who don't want to be a part of the show.

Take Wyatt Reynolds and book him in a title match against Mandii Ryder. Mandii didn't "earn" the shot? So what, it will be a good match that people believe in and that's all that matters. Have Kendall attack the winner and pose with the belt because she's a bitch.

Put Peter Gilmour, Tommy Gunn, and Romulus in a triple threat with the winner facing Mandii the following week for the X-Treme Title.

With just those two easy examples I laid out, I'm pretty sure you'd get more activity.

That's what I would do anyway. I couldn't care less as to why fuck face decided he doesn't want to RP that week. That just means I get to put more effort into the matches where people DID show.

If all you get is four guys who show this week, then fuck it, you got yourself a sick four way match filled with drama and excitement. Have Tommy Gunn toss out every single person who opted in but ended up no-showing. Have Wyatt run out there and choke out the winner or something.

In my opinion, you can have just as much fun with a small turnout as you can with a PPV sized one.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Tommy Gunn (04-19-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-19-2014, 11:39 AM

Speaking of hot feuds and rewards. I got something for you guys cooked up. I'm gonna drop it in a segment for after the rumble.