Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-08-2024, 06:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Escape Pt 2 (RP 4)
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-25-2014, 05:57 PM

Tuesday July 15, 2014 – 1:30 PM EST -Apartment 6J - Brooklyn, New York

For twenty minutes I tried in vain to get my mother to leave the apartment. I thought of every excuse I possible could but nothing seemed to work. It was not until Asmodeus finally realized what I was trying to do and joined in on my quest that my mother reluctantly took the hint and decided to go to the market for some “milk and bread.”

It is not that I do not trust my mother to keep quiet, I do, implicitly so, it is more that I want to remove any chance that she could be held culpable for what is about to happen next.

What is to come next you ask?

Hopefully the successful evasion of the federal agents that are following me and no doubt parked out front of this building waiting for me to walk out the front door.

Except I will not be walking out the front door, in fact, I will not be walking out of this building at all.

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Let me get this straight, you are going to give me one hundred bucks and all I have to do is push a big laundry basket into a van?”

ENIGMA: “That is correct.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Well if you need me to do more I can but it will cost you.”

ENIGMA: “Of that I have no doubt.”

ASMODEUS “Eric, is it wise to involve someone so young in your plan?”

ENIGMA: “Yes it is. For two reasons. First if somehow we get caught the feds will not bother with prosecuting a ten year old. Secondly we will not get caught.”

ASMODEUS “You seem very certain of this. I assume you felt as certain that you wouldn’t get caught for that other thing you do and yet here we are, devising a way for you and I to get away from the watchful eye of the federal government.”

ENIGMA: “For the record we have no idea exactly why the federal government is following me. Just that they are. For all I know they may want to talk to me about my wonderful fashion sense.”

ASMODEUS “Somehow I doubt that is the reason.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Mr. Eric as long as I have known you, you have had worse fashion sense than my teachers at school.”

ENIGMA: “Thank you Hector. What time did you say your parents would be home?”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Not until around dinner time. It’s the summer so I get to stay home by myself all day.”

ENIGMA: “What do you typically do all day when your parents are at the store working?”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Play video games and use my telescope to spy on the neighbors.”

ENIGMA: “Lovely.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “It is. Especially when Mrs. McCarthy gets changed after work, she forgets to close her blinds. It’s awesome. I even had my friend Miguel come over the other day and watch, he’s a little bit older than me but he said I was his new best friend.”

ENIGMA: “Hector, I would advise you to stop doing that, actually, I take that back. Enjoy it while you can kid, eventually that sort of thing will cost you money.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Well then it’s a good thing you are giving me one hundred dollars.”

ENIGMA: “I am not giving you one hundred dollars, you are going to earn one hundred dollars.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Yes I am.”

ENIGMA: “One request.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “What is that?”

ENIGMA: “Be smart with what you spend it on. One hundred dollars is a lot of money to a ten year old and I am pretty sure your parents will notice if you go out and buy something big with it.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Mr. Eric, my parents are so busy with work that they never pay attention to me, I could go out and buy a horse and they wouldn’t even notice.”

ENIGMA: “Well unless you have a lot of money stashed under your bed I am afraid one hundred dollars would not even buy you food for a horse let alone an actual horse.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “If you say so Mr. Eric.”

Suddenly my phone starts vibrating. I tilt my head slightly to cut down on the glare on the screen and see that it is Sebastian calling. I reach for the phone, swipe across it with my finger and put the phone to my ear.

ENIGMA: “Sebastian.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “I am here.”

ENIGMA: “Already?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE“Yes. You made it sound urgent. I met Jacob thirty minutes ago at a shipping yard where we switched vehicles. I am backed up against the service entrance. The laundry basket is filled with towels and other linens so as to cover you and Asmodeus.”

ENIGMA: “Perfect. We will be done in a moment. I will have my friend knock on the back door of the van three times at which point you will open the van and give him the laundry basket.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Three times? Why not four?”

ENIGMA: “One not a hundred?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “I’ll be waiting.”

Sebastian severed the connection. I quickly grabbed a pen and paper from the cabinet and scribbled a note to my mother explaining that something came up that required Asmodeus and I to leave immediately and that I would call in a few days.

ENIGMA: “Ok, it’s time to go.”

ASMODEUS “You’re sure about this?”

ENIGMA: “Yes.”

ASMODEUS “Very well then.”

With the note placed on the table I grabbed my phone, my keys and the three of us headed out the apartment door. I made sure to lock it on my way out. Thankfully descending the stairs is much easier than ascending them and we made it to the back of the apartment building in about four flat.

ENIGMA: “Ok Hector, do you remember what we talked about?”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Yes Mr. Eric.”

ENIGMA: “Alright, well then go ahead and get the laundry basket. Remember to knock three times.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Who is the man in the van?”

ENIGMA: “What?”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Who is the man you just spoke to on the phone? The man that will open the door of the van for me to get the laundry basket?”

ENIGMA: “It is better that you do not know the answer to that.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Why is that?”

ENIGMA: “Please just trust me Hector.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Ok, ok.”

With that Hector turned around, walked through a set of metal double doors and out of view. A few seconds later I could hear him banging on the back doors of the van and within a moment Hector comes back through the metal double doors pushing the big laundry basket.

ENIGMA: “Ok, you first father.”

ASMODEUS “As you wish.”

I helped Asmodeus into the basket and then reached into my pocket, pulled out by black leather wallet and pulled out five, twenty dollar bills from it and then handed them to Hector.

ENIGMA: “Now remember Hector not a word of this to anyone. Not your parents and especially not my mother, is that clear?”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Yeah yeah.”

ENIGMA: “Ok, we are almost done. Once I get in here you will need to push us back to the van. It will be considerably more difficult than it was before as we have added a few hundred pounds but I am confident that you can do it.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “I am strong.”

ENIGMA: “I believe you. And Hector, thank you.”

HECTOR GONZALEZ: “Don’t mention it Mr. Eric.”

I climbed into the laundry basket, pulled some of the towels over top of Asmodeus and I and remained still until I could hear Sebastian pulling us into the van. Once inside the van Sebastian closed the back doors, got back into the driver’s seat and pulled away from the building. A few minutes passed before Sebastian gave the verbal go ahead for Asmodeus and I to move.

SEBASTIAN DUKE “We are in the clear.”

ENIGMA: “No tail?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Not according to Jacob.”

ENIGMA: “Jacob? Where is he? He was supposed to drive your vehicle back to The Compound.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “He is. But when he and I met to exchange vehicles I felt that it would be smarter for his to tail us back to Old Saybrook so as to make sure that no one else was following us.”

ENIGMA: “So simple and yet I did not think of it myself.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “While you have come far my dear brother you still have some learning to do.”

ENIGMA: “So it seems.”

At that Asmodeus finally elevated his head and then climbed out of the laundry basket and took a seat next to Sebastian in the front of the vehicle.

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Are you ok Asmodeus?”

ASMODEUS “Yes I am fine.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “So tell me brother, why do you think the feds are following you?”

ENIGMA: “I truly have no idea, I am extremely careful making sure to leave no trace of evidence behind and always making sure that I am not followed to and from all of the jobs I have completed.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Well something has clearly tipped them on to you. A witness perhaps?”

ENIGMA: “Impossible.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Nothing is impossible.”

“Is it possible that they are actually after the guy you have on your payroll and that they are just following you as a precautionary measure?”

ENIGMA: “No I do not believe so. I spoke to Nicholas he said that he was not being tailed by anyone.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “Well then I don’t know what else to tell you. They are on to you that much is obvious. I phoned Matthew on the way here and asked him to do what he does and find out why.”

ENIGMA: “Excellent idea.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “In the mean time we have much to discuss.”

ENIGMA: “Indeed. Where would you like to start?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE “How about the Trios Match?”

ENIGMA: “Very well.”

Sebastian and I discussed not only our upcoming match but many of the events that have transpired in the XWF since the Leap of Faith Pay Per View. Sebastian and I are very much on the same page now and that truly is a refreshing feeling.

Fade To Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Enigma's post:
(07-27-2014), Morbid Angel (07-25-2014)