Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-09-2024, 11:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A King Without a Crown: RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-21-2014, 06:34 AM

Year 2514 – Early Morning – Connecticut County – American Empire

Things are going better than I had expected. I expected an endless barrage of questions. Most of which, I would not have the answers to. Yet, Thaddeus seemed content on just knowing the truth that I am his father. It's hard not to think of him as a three month old baby that knows nothing of the world around him. I see him here, in 2514 and he's very alert, very much alive, and very much aware of things going on around him. Acting as any other normal 15 year old boy.

I've learned that he is a massive combination of both his mother and I. He's strong. He doesn't back down from a challenge, no matter how great the odds are stacked against him. He's a warrior through and through. He also has his mothers complex emotional build up. He's inquisitive. He loves passionately. He cares deeply for those around him, so very much wired like his mother. It's not a bad thing, necessarily. Although, to get him to where he needs to be emotionally, for the day when we take Vatican City, will take a lot of work. In order for him to become King, he has to become kind of detached from human emotion.

The kid is already hellbent on becoming King here in this time. It is not beyond possibility that this may groom him for that very day when the war is over and the Catholic Church lies in ruins at my feet. Consider it a test. Consider it a father wanting to see just exactly how his son copes when his back is against the wall. So far I'm impressed. He didn't over react to the death of his first love, Lily. He did exactly what I would have done. Vowed revenge.

Zachariah has lived up to his word by getting us the equipment we need in order to effectively compete. The black horses, the black armor for the horses and the men. The better quality metals that have been melted down and turned into more durable, better weaponry combined with the intensive training of Zachariahs men, will prove to be King George's downfall.

I pace the training grounds, watching as men fight and others fall, being thoroughly impressed with their progress. Zachariah, our host and leader of this small community, is walking towards me.

ZACHARIAH: “Things seem to be coming along nicely, Sebastian.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “We're not there yet. But, everyday we get just a little closer.”

ZACHARIAH: “They may have started out quite inferior to your fighting prowess, but I'd suggest they'd give you a run for your money now.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I think that's a fair assessment. They're well trained now.”

ZACHARIAH: “How long, you think?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “For what?”

ZACHARIAH: “Until they're ready to take the castle.”

Oh, right. I guess that question was kind of obvious.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “A week. Maybe two.”

ZACHARIAH: “You don't think they're ready now?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I think if push came to shove and we were forced to move now, we'd take the castle and the throne with minimal casualties on our side. My son and I have both fought the King's men. They leave a lot to be desired.”

ZACHARIAH: “Then tell me, why not move now?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You tell me. Would you rather do it now, when we're not quite ready and lose some men? Or would you rather wait a week, two, maybe a month, then be absolutely certain no one on our side falls, and then take the Kingdom?”

ZACHARIAH: “I suppose we shall wait just a little longer. But not much.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What's the rush?”

ZACHARIAH: “You've embarrassed the King and his men. Your ability to take out ten of his men without so much as batting an eye, tells me that King George will want to squash us quickly.”

It's then that we hear the sound of a trumpet. That signals the arrival of the King himself. It seems to me, he's more a man of making big arrogant gestures using that as a form of intimidation, rather than a man of action.

The King brings his horse to a stop just feet away from my son. That could prove to be dangerous for the King. Though I feel like my son would rather take his time and enjoy himself rather than.... Nope.... I was wrong. He lunges toward the King but is stopped by some of Zachariahs surrounding men.

KING GEORGE: “Well, if it isn't the boy wonder! The young man that came to my home and put down several of my guards.”

THADDEUS: “Ponam te in terra rex Georgius!”

I smile wide at the realization that my son knows Latin. The King looks around at his men, all of them looking confused. He then looks at the men on our side.

KING GEORGE: “Someone tell me what that gibberish meant. I don't speak Dutch.”

I walk toward them all.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I will put you in the ground, King George!”

KING GEORGE: “Oh, you again. Your friend here has spilled gibberish from his mouth. Perhaps my men beat him mentally defective.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What I said was a translation. King George, Thaddeus was warning you, more likely promising you. It's Latin.”

KING GEORGE: “That's impossible! Latin has been a dead language for several hundred years.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “That might be true, but it's stayed alive in my family for many generations.”

KING GEORGE: “So the truth comes out. The boy wonder, is your son!”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Indeed he is, King George.”

Zachariah emerges from the crowd of onlookers.

ZACHARIAH: “What you have done is unforgivable. I'd suggest you turn around, King George, and find your way back to your Kingdom before my men take yours!”

KING GEORGE: “You dare to threaten your King!?”

ZACHARIAH: “Oh I dare. It's more than a threat. It's a guaranteed fact. Very soon, King George, your Kingdom becomes ours!”

King George looks angered.

ZACHARIAH: “Get out of here now, King George, while breathing is still an option.”

KING GEORGE: “I suppose you are still sore over your lovely daughter.”

Without the slightest hesitation, Thaddeus whips out his sword and drives it through the neck of King George's horse, causing the horse to stand high on its hind legs and tossing the King to the ground. The horse collapses to the ground and begins to bleed out as Thaddeus holds his sword to the Kings throat.

The Kings men try to intervene but are held at bay by men from our side.

KING GEORGE: “I know you want to, young Thaddeus. You want to plunge the tip of that sword into my throat. DO IT!”

Thaddeus stays still. Not flinching. Not saying a word.

KING GEORGE: “Just as I suspected. You don't have the balls to do it!”

THADDEUS: “Cum te sumam. Aliquam cito, rex Georgius.”

KING GEORGE: “Alright, darkness guy, what'd he say?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “He said he's going to take his time with you. Real soon, King George.”

KING GEORGE: “Do it now! You spineless little coward!”

Thaddeus smiles, then raises his sword high into the air with its tip pointing toward the King. George's eyes open wide. Thaddeus plunges the sword hard, and drives the tip deep into the ground right next to the Kings neck.

Thaddeus smiles, the King relieves himself within his pants.

THADDEUS: “I'd suggest to you, King George, to get the hell out of here before I change my mind.”

King George gets to his feet and brushes himself off. He straightens himself up and begins to head toward his men. That's when he realizes his crown is no longer on his head.

KING GEORGE: “Wait, my...”

He turns around to find my son placing the crown upon his own head.

[Image: king-slapper-mettez-des-baffes-au-roi-jo...hrones.jpg]

THADDEUS: “How do I look, King George?”

KING GEORGE: “Like a complete douche bag.”

THADDEUS: “Be that as it may, it is the future of this empire.”

KING GEORGE: “I'll be gone from here, if you'll hand me my crown.”

THADDEUS: “I would, but I kind of like it.”

KING GEORGE: “I'd expect you would, young Thaddeus.”

THADDEUS: “The next time you see it, King George, I'll be laying siege to your castle, and I will take your Kingdom from you.

“Get the hell out of here, while I still give you that as an option.”

KING GEORGE: “I shall not leave without my crown!”

THADDEUS: “Then come take it.”

I look around at all of the men looking on. Each of them look back and forth between the two.

THADDEUS: “If you think you're man enough to retrieve your crown from my head, come take it. But I warn you, I'm not just giving it to you.”

My heart smiles with a sense of pride at what I'm witnessing.

KING GEORGE: “Very well. Make no mistake, young Thaddeus. I'll have my crown back soon enough.”

THADDEUS: “I doubt that very seriously, but if you do, you'll have earned the right to have it back.”

The King climbs up on the horse of one of his men, forcing that man to walk. The King gives his orders and he and his men move out.

ZACHARIAH: “I fear we must move fast, Sebastian. Thing was embarrassed by your son again. If he wasn't out for blood before, he will be now.”

I nod my head in agreement. I wasn't ready yet, but its now unavoidable. Thaddeus will take the throne sooner rather than later.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (04-21-2014)