Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-06-2024, 04:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Reflection
Dionysus Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-14-2023, 09:40 PM

Tick

Tick

Tick

One of these days I swear I'm going to get him a new clock.

I get it; its a ploy to stimulate thinking. But at least make it more interesting than a ticking clock.

Not even two minutes into the session and already I'm looking forward to leaving. Not a good sign.

"I know it has been some time since your last session, so I hope all is still well for you," Elbrook said, breaking even the lightest tension in the room. He sat down across from me, pen and pad firmly in hand.

"As well as can be expected, Doctor," I replied kindly.

"So how goes the construction?"

"Well I had tried to push construction as soon as I could," I explained, "But the contractors insisted that they would need to wait until the ground had thawed enough to begin excavation. I had told them it wouldn't be an issue, but-"

"But its also Minnesota," Elbrook and I said simultaneously.

"...Right," I continued, trying not to let the interruption bother me. "In any case, they have the site marked off and ready for the dig, so barring any interesting weather developments we should be ramping up construction soon."

"And how has this affected your personal relationships? I can imagine a construction project like this would keep you away from a lot of social activity."

I shrugged. "What can I say? Most of my friends and acquaintances are through work. XWF, Action Wrestling, the vineyard, the soup kitchen-"

"I was unaware you managed a soup kitchen."

"Manage? No, I just work there," I replied. "I didn't want my name to influence the image of the work they do, y'know?"

Elbrook raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Your name carries such weight?"

"To donors, yes. The Foundation does a lot of work with many homelessness projects in the area, and I made an effort to not let their work be buried under our support, so to speak."

Elbrook nodded, scribbling away on his pad. "But most of your relationships have been based around work, in other words."

"Yes," I started, then I caught myself. "Well...no."

"Oh? This must be a new development."

"Its nothing like that," I said, waving my hand dismissively. "I just happened to have met someone while out on the town with one of my employees. I ended up getting too warm inside the bar and went outside to cool off when she came over asking for a light, and after that we got to talking and sort of just...became friends, I suppose."

"I see," Elbrook said in the usual level-toned menace I've grown to despise. It means he is becoming more analytical; overthinking every encounter while he scratches his pen away on his stupid paper.

"...Why are you writing that down?"

"Dionysus, do you recall how our last session ended?"

"Well sure," I replied. I genuinely had not forgotten; Elbrook had left me with a cliffhanger of a question, after all.

"Then lets pick up from there," Elbrook stated. "We spoke briefly about avoidance. My theory, based on what you have told me, is that between your professional wrestling career, your philanthropies, and now the vineyard, you seem to be keeping yourself busy...perhaps unconsciously. Is there anything you can think of that you are looking to avoid?"

I had thought about that question for the better part of two weeks. There were any number of things that had crossed my mind; how I was feeling about my mother remarrying, still trying to figure out whether or not my father was alive, and if he was where he could be, whether or not I still had it in me to continue being a professional wrestler. But in the end, all I could tell Elbrook was, "Nothing immediately comes to mind. Truly." It wasn't as though I was lying; I really didn't know what I was avoiding, if I even was avoiding anything. "I feel like I'm living a perfectly content life."

Elbrook tapped his pen on the pad. Annoyance. "Perhaps that is the source of your avoidance. The feeling that your life is exactly where you want it to be, so you are choosing subconsciously to avoid being more successful than you already are."

I furrowed my brow. "So because I'm working on being comfortable...I'm avoiding success?"

"Perhaps not success," Elbrook continued, "But the avoidance of further risk to achieve a greater sense of success. You have reached a point in your life where you are content, and now you are turning your focus on endeavors that will secure that comfort. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, at least on the surface, but-"

"But," I interrupted, "It does make it seem like I'm not giving my best efforts in the work I am putting in."

"Are you giving one-hundred percent to everything you do?"

"Absolutely."

"Do you know it, or do you think you are giving everything you have?"

I stopped short, unable to reply to the question. The tension built back into the room once more. Elbrook might have an annoying clock and a prickly demeanor at times, but his methods were effective. Not even ten minutes in and we were trying to hit the root of an issue I still was unsure I even had.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Have you ever looked into a mirror?

No, I don't mean just looking to check your makeup or ensuring your beard is neatly trimmed, or even just giving yourself something to look at while you brush your teeth. No, I mean really look into a mirror. At the mirror itself. When you were younger, did you not think that the mirror was a gateway to another world? One that is just like ours, only slightly different, maybe even backwards? And its in that exact moment where you begin to have questions about the reality that is around you.

Folks, the reality is, I am not the type who is known other places and will take their ball and go home at the first sign of resistance. No, I'm here for the long haul. And while I had hoped my efforts at March Madness would have led to more favorable outcomes, I can take solace in knowing that Dolly Waters saw me as enough of a threat to try and ambush me before the match even began, in hopes of a quick victory. Well kudos to your underestimation; maybe next time you can find someone else to do the job better.

But this isn't about Dolly...well, not anymore, anyway. With the Television title changing hands and March Madness firmly behind us, I must begin the trek anew at the foot of the hill. And I am not traveling this path alone.

Ned, I said I would take your courage in our last encounter, and it seems I owe you my own. The courage to admit that, at least for that match, you were the better man. As I said, there is nothing personal between us; only the natural rivalry that is created through the spirit of competition. And as we stand across from each other once again, I must reiterate the sentiment that I hold no ill will, only that I am here to make a name for myself. Much as I would like to dedicate each match to the masses, I also want to ensure that I am doing everything in my power to make each match unforgettable. We went to war during March Madness, and I expect no less from you this week. I respect what you do, and I would hope that you hold a similar respect for me.

With that said, I feel it necessary to point out, once again, that this feeling of me having a "god-complex" on the basis of using my given name and leaning into the gimmick of the Lord of the Vine seems...quite off-base. Especially with the level of character assassination you are no doubt looking to continue pushing as we move forward. My endeavors outside of the ring are simply that, outside of this ring. In it, I am not the aspiring winemaker, but rather a clear and present threat to anyone that is in this company, much like any others I enter. Having been humbled has gained perspective; no longer do I need to boast and bluster, but rather now, more than ever, is the time for the work to begin. You will find me a much different creature in the ring, Ned. I hope you keep that in mind.

And speaking of "much different creatures..."

Jay Omega.

Well well well well well.

A blast from the past...from the...future...in...the present.

...You get what I mean.

Who knew that the XWF crowd would get to witness a WCF reunion match, pitting one former world champion against another. I have seen the tapes of your previous work; not too bad at all. We seem to keep near-missing one another, though; running close to the same circles but never quite getting a showdown. And in comes XWF management to make the match happen...somewhat. #BookItSeff

Just to get this out of the way, I know a lot of your opponents would find ways of taking the piss out of your futuristic endeavors, making ridiculous comparisons to Star Wars or Star Trek or whatever. Maybe some go even older and reference Flash Gordon. But I promise you I will not disparage you using those forms of media...Because there is an entire plethora B-list movie camp that I can pull from. And if there is anything I can glean from your tales, it is B-list sci-fi camp. So lets cut to the chase, shall we Dave Ryder? Or would you prefer Slab Bulkhead? Fridge Largemeat? Punt Speedchunk?

...Nah, Jay Omega will do just fine.

So listen here, Flint Ironstag; while your head has been up in the stars, you probably have taken a gander at my own star rising, through the wars I have fought and the treks I have made. And the one thing I think you will learn, Blast Hardcheese, is that I am no phantom menace. I plan on bringing a new hope to the XWF; I am sure you felt the winds of change blow through upon my arrival. Though staying within the vacuum of space, perhaps the likes of Big McLargeHuge was unable to sense the real future. The future that is Dionysus and The Revelry. Sure it may take a plan or nine to make that future a reality, but fear not, Lump Beefbroth; that event is on the horizon.

And it shall be ushered in by me. The Lord of the Vine.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Dionysus's post:
Ned Kaye (04-17-2023), Theo Pryce (05-03-2023)