Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-02-2024, 08:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Comic Book Men
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

03-27-2013, 03:25 AM

(camera comes on in the parking lot of the arena where we see Ben Crane in his A-Team van, with the van door open, lying in the back reading comics)

Crane: Knightmask! Look at you putting on your big boy pants, trying to educate me about comic books. Impressive. However, your taste in comics only goes to show that I was correct in your not understanding the villain. Not understanding true evil.

I mean, you're really gonna throw The Killing Joke out? Because Alan Moore didn't like it? Alan Moore doesn't like anything. He was a part of one the seminal works of not only the comic book world but all of literature itself in the The Watchmen and now he doesn't want anything to do with it. KM, how you can read that book and not say it's one of the better books you've ever read, tells me you missed the poignancy of it. That after all these decades, all these battles, all the truly terrible things that the Joker has done, Batman actually decides to go and sit down and talk with him man to man and end the feud. Of course, Joker had already escaped but the fact that Batman still had hoped he could reason with him shows both his compassion and his naivety. And the whole point of the book is to show exactly WHY you can't reason with the Joker. Because after one bad day, he lost absolutely everything that meant a damn to him.

Just for the record, KM, I may have had a bad day once myself. I may have had a lot of them. I may have even found myself having lost everything I ever gave a damn about. And if you've been there? THEN you understand the Killing Joke. Because once you have a bad day like that, all you want to do is show everyone what it feels like. You want everyone else to have a bad day like that so you don't feel so alone.

After all I said earlier, it becomes clearer to me that you only see the hero's side of the fight. The hero is right and the hero always wins. And in those classic Batman comics you seem to hold in such high regard, they always did. That was then. This is now. We live in a villain's world. And maybe I'm only the one who will admit it. To quote Lex Luthor from Smallville "I am the villain of this story."

I mean here's KnightMask the pure hearted. And hell, even compared to Cheapshots who is nothing but a total goomba, I'm STILL the bad guy. Just listen to the crowd reaction tonight. They'll be cheering for those two much more than they ever will for me. Is it because I'm doing such a great job at being a heel? No! When it comes down to it, they just don't like me. Matter of fact, there aren't many people that do. It was a hard lesson to learn and it took me a long time to learn it but that's how things are. In my nature, at my core, I'm a villain. When the Joker is beating the hell out of Robin with a crowbar, I'm grinning from ear to ear.

The world is a terrible place and I've seen the worst of it. The Joker's right, all it takes is one bad day. And KnightMask, Cheapshots, for you that day might just be TODAY.

(Crane lays down his comic, gets out of the van and closes the door)

Crane: In honor of good ol' Mr. J, let's put on a happy face! (smiles)
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like benjamincrane's post:
(03-27-2013), Wallace Witasick (03-28-2013)