Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-09-2024, 11:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Help The Helpless Part 3
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-31-2014, 01:56 AM

Wednesday March 26, 2014 8:04AM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook, Connecticut

As much as I ride Matthew for his unrelenting caffeine use it does seem to aid him in producing at the highest of levels. Yesterday I gave Matthew a task, two in fact. Find me the perfect place for which I can set up a base of operations, as well as figure out what technology is needed for said base. What would take a normal person a few days perhaps weeks even, Matthew did in hours. I knew he was good, I didn’t know he was that good.

Matthew presented me with a manila folder, the contents of which were a list of his top three choices for a command center. Matthew believed that the smartest option would be to purchase the buildings so as to be able to control the flow in and out of said building. A theory I happen to agree with. Each option had a list of pros and cons listed, and thankfully in all cases, price was not an option. After spending sometime going over the options I settled on number two. A building that used to house multiple studio apartments that was recently put up for sheriff sale due to the owner defaulting on his loan. Matthew made the arrangements necessary which meant I would be making a trip to New York City this coming weekend to purchase the building.

In the meantime, Sebastian had returned from his journey and Matthew had warned me that Sebastian had been sniffing around wondering what it was that Matthew had been doing. Matthew try as he might did everything he could to keep Sebastian from figuring out what was going on. Rather than risk Matthew being on the receiving end of one of Sebastian’s anger filled rants I decided it was best to head this off on his own terms. Which meant a trip to Sebastian’s study was in order.

Knock

Knock

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Enter.”

ENIGMA: “Good morning Sebastian.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Good morning brother.”

“I take it you are here to tell me why Matthew has been preoccupied of late and why he seems unwilling to give me a straight answer when I question him?”

ENIGMA:“Indeed I am.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Well go on then.”

ENIGMA:“Matthew has been helping me with a project.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I see.”

Clearly that won’t cut it. On I go.

ENIGMA:“As you know I came into a lot of money lately, and I have been trying to figure out what to do with that money.

“Recent events have led me towards finally making a decision and Matthew has been helping me with making that decision become a reality.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“And what was your decision?”

ENIGMA:“I want to use the money to help those who are unable and sometimes unwilling to help themselves.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“This country already has a Federal Welfare System it does not need your help.”

ENIGMA:“That is not what I mean.”

“There are countless scumbags out there who slip through the cracks, victims who never receive their justice because the system they are supposed to prosecute said scumbags is flawed.”

“I want to be the balance, the man who does what the justice system is too cowardly to do, what the police are not allowed to do.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“You would risk your life and all that we do here for strangers?”

“Is this what you are telling me?”

ENIGMA:“This isn’t about what goes on here.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Then please tell me what this is about.”

“From what I am hearing it sounds like you to be the real life version of Green Arrow.”

ENIGMA:“Nothing as grandiose as that brother.”

“I simply want to help people, outside of the confines of what this family does.”

“You know what happened to my sister, a monster was allowed free reign and it destroyed her life.”

“And I am not even talking about just people like him, I am talking about anyone who thinks it is ok to prey on the innocence of others, rapists, muggers, murders and the like.”

I did not expect this to be easy. Sebastian is naturally skeptical of things and truth be told that is not a bad M.O to have. That being said it would be nice if Sebastian did show a modicum of faith in me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I can respect what you want to do, I truly can.”

“But what you are failing to grasp here, unless I am missing it is that everything you do brings with it an inherit risk to this family, to this place and to our way of life and that is not something that I can just ignore.”

ENIGMA:“I am not asking for this family to help, outside of the initial work Matthew has done for me.”

“I have asked for Matthews help in my initial start up, once that is complete he will not be tasked again, I can promise you that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It is your plan to undertake this mission, if you will, by yourself?”

ENIGMA:“So as to remove any chance for blow back on the family, yes I am.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I appreciate that brother but that is not how we operate.”

“We are a family, in every sense of the word.”

“I believe in what you want to do, I truly do.”

Can’t say I saw that coming.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: ”And I believe that this world needs exactly what it is you are prescribing for it.”

“My concern, or rather, my hesitation is on whether or not you are ready for such a pivotal role.”

ENIGMA:“I believe I am.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“I would hope so.”

“What precipitated you making your decision to enter this line of work, so to speak?”

ENIGMA:“An encounter I had a would-be purse snatcher while I was in New York last weekend.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“I assume it did not end well for him?”

ENIGMA:“It did not.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Was that the right decision to make?”

ENIGMA:“It was the decision I made.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“And now it is your decision to pursue this venture, despite my reservations?”

ENIGMA:“It is.”

“But I would prefer to have your blessing to proceed.”

“It would make me feel better knowing that you believe in me and what I am trying to do.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“I do believe in you and what you want to accomplish.”

“But there are so many other factors, things beyond your control and it is those things that concern me.”

“But I will support you in this endeavor, whatever you need.”

“Time, money, resources, they are yours, just ask.”

Can’t say I saw that coming.

ENIGMA:“Thank you brother.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“You can thank me by rewarding my faith in you by going out there and accomplishing your mission.”

ENIGMA:“Without fail.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Just like your upcoming match on Wednesday?”

ENIGMA:“Very much the same.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Excellent.”

“Now come and join us for breakfast.”

“Caitlyn made her famous French Toast.”

ENIGMA:“Famous among whom?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE:“Among the only people that matter, her family.”

ENIGMA:“Indeed.”

Sebastian turned gave me a pat on the back, both figuratively and literally and the two of us exited his study and headed towards the kitchen. I could smell the aroma’s of syrup and bread as we made our way towards out destination.

Fade to Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post