Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 01:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Confrontation
The Enigma Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2014, 08:32 PM

February 10, 2014 1:30PM EST – Brooklyn, New York

Now that arrangements have been made with Sebastian’s “Man on the Inside” my debut in the XWF is scheduled for Wednesday February 19th versus DarkJay Rider, another new comer to the federation. In fact it is the debut match for both of us. From what Sebastian tells me, Rider is not someone I should be too concerned about. Some might call that outlook arrogance, I call it reality. On Wednesday the 19th the XWF will be put on notice. I am not just another wrestler, I am the brother of the King of Darkness, I am a weapon and I am an Enigma. Wednesday February 19th will mark the beginning of a new era in the XWF.

The Era of Darkness.

Yesterday Sebastian and I spoke about what had become the elephant in the room during my two months there, when would I finally get to meet our father? I understood Sebastian wanting to hold off, I did not like it, and a lot of that has to do with my own lack of patience but I understood it. As I have said previously, Sebastian is a very meticulous and calculated man, everything, and I mean absolutely everything Sebastian does is with a purpose and no one can rush him, not Jacob, not Matthew, not Asmodeus and certainly not me. Believe me, I tried. To say it did not end well would be sugar coating it just a tad. Sebastian and I agreed that the time for my our father and I to finally meet was fast approaching, we had agreed that sometime in the next few days would be appropriate but there was something that I needed to take care of first.

I have not seen or spoken to my mother since I met Sebastian. There is a very good chance that my mother thinks that I am dead, so her reaction to seeing me for the first time in two months could go one of two ways. Before leaving the house we took bets on whether her reaction would be one of anger or one of joy. For those keeping track at home, anger won the vote 3-1. The lone vote for joy was by, you guessed it, me. It’s entirely possible I voted with my heart instead of my head there.

I called the diner that she works at yesterday to find out what her schedule would be today, she was working the A shift which meant 5am to 1pm. It is now 1:30 so she should be walking out of the dinner at any minute now. Sitting in a blacked out Chevy Tahoe across the street from the diner is Jacob and I. Sebastian suggested that Jacob accompany me in case there were any unforeseen problems. Jacob, being Duke’s most trusted advisor did seem like the logical choice and of course did what Sebastian asked. Truthfully I was glad he agreed to come as it gave us some time to chat. To be honest, I felt that there was a little bit of tension between the two of us. And I can certainly understand why. Until I showed up Jacob was Sebastian’s right hand man, they were like brothers. But now I show up, Sebastian’s actual brother and obviously things are going to change. Neither of us can really do anything about that. As time progresses I would assume that I will supplant Jacob as the person Sebastian goes in a moment of need or for strategic advice. My only hope is that until that time I can keep Jacob close, close enough to make sure he is not sabotaging my efforts. But in order to do that I needed to reassure Jacob that I have no desire to take his place as Sebastian’s number one. Even if what I say is a blatant lie. The car ride took about 2 hours, plenty of time for me to lie through my teeth. There is a chance that Jacob knew what I was doing, but deceit seems to run in my family so I am hoping that I can lie as well as my mother and Thomas Martin did.

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Everything alright?”

ENIGMA: “Yes, a bit nervous to be honest.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I bet.”

“So the plan is to just approach her outside of the diner and then what from there?”

ENIGMA: “Ideally we walk back to her apartment and chat things out.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Why not just meet her at the apartment? Do you still have a key?”

ENIGMA: “Yes I do, but I would rather not run the risk of giving her a heart attack by having her open the door and seeing someone inside the apartment.”

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “I suppose.”

ENIGMA: “I appreciate the advice Jacob, truly I do, but I think doing it this way mitigates the chances of her freaking out as we will be out in public.”

Talk about blowing smoke…

JACOB, THE MESSENGER: “Let’s hope so.”

ENIGMA: “There she is.”

I point her out to as I exit the vehicle and mutter a few words to Jacob before closing the door behind me. I quickly made my way across the street; fortunately there were not many cars to weave through. The entire time I waded through the cars I debated with myself how close I should get before saying something to my mother. There were a few choices and I opted for what I believed was the safest. I yelled her name as I approached her side of the street.

ENIGMA: “Mom.”

That was stupid. There are millions of mom’s in this city, obviously that was destined to fail from the very beginning. Let’s try this again.

ENIGMA: “Caroline, Caroline Martin.”

That got her attention. As I stepped up from the curb my mother turned around and we locked eyes. Tears started forming at the corner of her eyes almost instantaneously. I could see her hands starting to shake. Before it got any worse I moved in and gave her a big hug. I’m not sure if that was the right thing to do but at the time it seemed like the only thing to do. Her hands stopped shaking and her arms went down to her side at first. After a few seconds they slowly started to make their way up my back until they finally settled in the middle of my back, at which point she fully embraced me.

ENIGMA: “I’m sorry Mom. I had some things I had to take care of.”

MRS. MARTIN: “Your father? Did you have something to do with that?”

ENIGMA: “You heard about that?”

MRS. MARTIN: “Of course I did. I do watch the news Eric. Please tell me you had nothing to do with what happened to him.”

ENIGMA: “What do you want to hear mom?”

Her face sunk, the color drained from her immediately. After a few seconds second her mouth started to move but there were no words coming out.

ENIGMA: “Perhaps we should talk further somewhere more private? Can I walk you home?”

My mother, still unable to speak gave me a nod and so she and I walked side by side for the 10 minutes it took to get to our apartment, 6J. Once inside I sat down at the kitchen table while my mother removed her coat.

MRS. MARTIN: “Would you care for a drink?”

ENIGMA: “No thank you.”

My mother walked over to the fridge and pulled out bottle of water. My mother does not have a ton of money but she absolutely refuses to drink water from the tap, thus, the bottles of water. She opens the bottle, takes a sip and then joins me at the table.

MRS. MARTIN: “Where have you been? It’s been months.”

ENIGMA: “I know Mom, and I’m sorry. But that’s why I am here, to explain where I have been.”

MRS. MARTIN: “Well, where were you?”

ENIGMA: “I was at a Compound in the North East. I can’t tell you exactly where for safety reasons.”

MRS. MARTIN:“Safety reasons? Are you in trouble? Is everything alright?”

ENIGMA: “Yes, everything is alright, things are really good actually.”

MRS. MARTIN: “Well that’s good at least.”

"I assume from your lack of an answer on the street and the fact that you have not brought it up here that you were responsible for what happened to your father?”

I hesitated for a minute before answering, studying my mother’s face, I really had hoped to avoid this line of questioning, for a few reasons. Sebastian warned me, implicitly in fact, to never admit to ever having anything to do with killing Thomas Martin, especially not to my mother.

ENIGMA: “Well that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. Thomas Martin was not my father. And I know that you know that.”

For the second time in my 15 minutes my mother turned into a Ghost right before my eyes. This time might actually have been worse than the previous. I think because the timing of my disappearance and it coinciding with the death of Thomas Martin that deep down inside my mother knew, even if I refused to say it, that I was the person responsible. But this, her big fraud being thrown back in her face, this is not something she expected to ever have to deal with. And now she has no choice but to do just that.

ENIGMA: “I know about Charles Duke.”

“I know that you sent him pictures of me as I grew up. At some point you stopped, I don’t know why, nor does it matter. But I wanted you to know that I know the truth.”

MRS. MARTIN: “How…”

She hesitates, her eyes welling up again.

ENIGMA: “How did I figure it out?”

“I didn’t.”

“I was approached by Charles son, my half brother Sebastian. I have spent the last two months with him at their family home.”

MRS. MARTIN: “Was Charles there? Is he still alive?”

ENIGMA: “The answer to both of those questions is yes.”

MRS. MARTIN: “What did he have to say?”

“He always wanted to meet you. Please do not hold any of this against him. This was my decision and mine alone.”

ENIGMA: “That’s good to know mother, but irrelevant.”

“What is relevant is why? Why did you lie to me, why, even after you left Thomas did you not come clean? “

“I deserved to know the truth.”

MRS. MARTIN: “Because…”

ENIGMA: “Because why mother? Why did you think it was ok to continue lying to me?”

My mother has broken down and at this point is sobbing. I thought about grabbing the box of tissues that were sitting on the book shelf a few feet away but opted to remain seated and not take my eyes off of my mother. She lied to me for over 2 decades, I was not about to make this easier for her. She does not deserve my sympathy and certainly not my forgiveness, not yet.

MRS. MARTIN: “Because I didn’t want to lose you. I lost your father, I lost your sister, and you’re all I have in this world.”

“I know what I did was wrong, and was selfish and God will judge me for it but I could not bear the thought of not having you in my life.”

ENIGMA: “That’s touching mother, and I can certainly understand it even if I don’t agree with it. “

“Thank you for finally being honest with me.

“Now I must be going.”

MRS. MARTIN: “No. Please don’t leave. Eric I’m so sorry. Please don’t leave again.”

ENIGMA: “I will be back. I promise but I came here with a specific agenda and now that it has been accomplished I need to leave.”

“But I will be back. I don’t know exactly when but I will be.”

“I’ll call.”

We both get up from the table at the same time; I walked over to my mother and gave her a hug. The truth is I am not mad at her, in fact, I actually feel bad for her. I don’t know that I will ever forgive her for what she did, and what she didn’t do but from her perspective, I can understand it. I will see her again, it won’t be two months in between visits but it won’t be next week either. I have some other more pressing matters to attend to such as meeting my father for the first time.

Fade To Darkness.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
~Umberto Eco

[Image: LoylT4w.jpg]
[Image: TKO12Eu.jpg]

Former United States Champion
Former X-Treme Champion
Former Trios Tag Team Champions w/Sebastian Duke and Azrael Erebus
Former Ark/24-7 Champion x 2

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Enigma's post:
Archie Lawson (03-05-2014), Theo Pryce (03-04-2014)