Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 08:45 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Join Me In my petition to Wikipedia for XWF!
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Okay, here's an experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XWF

Google 'XWF.'

Shane's done wonders with this!

We're like #2 that pops up... but like with a lot of search terms, because of traffic and google's way of indexing, a wikipedia entry will blast you in the nuts as #1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XWF

So I have a way around this - go straight to the source.

I actually did a very brief wiki-edit, changing Xcitement Wrestling Federation (a long dead REAL fed) from it's memorium to Jimmy Hart and Hulk Hogan, to a wiki entry for US, here in XWF(Xtreme Wrestling Federation.) Did it up pretty nice... yada, yada.

Well, get this!

Within 3 MINUTES FLAT, of making the edit... I got a private message from 'Jvushnir' saying he deleted my 'revision' because it was not constructive... but I did make a plea, asking him if page edits with the same acronyms can ever be accepted and instituted because of the redendency of them and in the ways they blo--- in any case... that's still going on.

And obviously, if Shane has got an issue with any of this, he call my efforts and anyone else's dead with just a word and that's all we'd need to stop.

But, if you feel like XWF should be #1 on Google, I ask you to 'revise' Xcitement Wrestling Federation and/or create your own wiki entry and maybe we can all compare notes?

Just bored today...

Now, also...

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4004:xrkkz6.2.9

Did a bit of research.

The trademark 'XWF' is currently owned by a dead company.

So yes, it's trademark but it really don't friggin matter anymore, lol.

Now, according to other research I've done as well, in 2013, at some point, because it's owned by someone whom I assume won't pay even nominal fees on the trademark, the trademark should actually come back available.

Which I would advise Shane to do - to watch that and trademark the acronym 'XWF' as soon as he ca to help protect the site legally in the long run.

Hell, I bet he could copyright and trademark xwf99.com, if he was so inclined.

I'm really bored.

I'm sure Shane has already looked into all of this.

Question: How long does a trademark registration last?
Answer: Unlike copyrights or patents, trademark registration rights can last indefinitely if the owner continues to use the mark to identify goods or services.
The term of a federal trademark registration is ten years, with ten-year renewal terms. However, between the fifth and sixth year after the date of initial trademark registration, you must file an "affidavit of use" and pay an additional fee to keep the registration alive. You must also file an affidavit and pay a fee within a year before the end of every ten-year period.

If an affidavit is missed, the registration is canceled. However, you may file the affidavit within a grace period of six months after the end of the sixth or tenth year, with payment of an additional fee.

Also, as far as I've researched... I believe, so long as we don't use picbases of characters from Xcitement Fed, we might be in the clear to trademark XWF, as an acronymn, indicating that it's for a FICTIONAL 'E-FED' and not a live-action, ACTUALIZED wrestling federation - it'd be something else to look into.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-11-2013, 09:22 PM

I think my brain just exploded. Well done.
Hate Post Like Post
Ann Thraxx Offline
Fuck the fuck off!

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

04-11-2013, 09:38 PM

Pretty sure you could do some kind of "Not to be confused with XWF (efed)" thing....

Create a page called "XWF (efed)"

[Image: 2lv1fme.png]

How come all the weird kinky stuff in the world reminds you people of me!?
Hate Post Like Post
TheXtremist"Bryce" Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

(heavily cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

04-12-2013, 03:42 AM

As long as on the wiki I am recognised as a 2 time X-Treme Champ and a 3 time Heavymetal Champion go for it the other fed (the name is not allowed here so yeah) has it's own wiki lol if I recall

Win/Loss records

The Xtremist Bryce- 3-5

Sophia Sanchez- 0-0

Overal Record- 3-3

The Fallen

Crimson Dong
Josh Woodrum
Stalker Knight
King Nothing
Masked Warrior
Thomas Matthews

Next Victim(s)
Jason E. Smith

Accomplishments:
Bryce:2x X-Treme Champion
2x Heavymetal Weight Champion
Sophia Sanchez:
1x North Korean Champ
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2013, 04:10 AM

There is actually an efed wiki site, I remember spending a few minutes reading there before and laughing at how some people I knew from the past had embellished and lied about their histories.
Hate Post Like Post
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2013, 04:19 AM

http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/X-Treme...Federation

We've been on THAT wiki, for some time.
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2013, 04:23 AM

So its more an issue with owning the XWF letters and seeming like a legit entity that you're concerned with?
Hate Post Like Post
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2013, 04:27 AM

Not really - I just think this place has had more societal impact in it's tenure, then Jimmy Hart's failed abortion of a fed, lol. It's a pet peeve, really. Dont like being #2 in Google Search results - granted, took hard work to be#2 but we deserve top billing!
Hate Post Like Post