X-treme Wrestling Federation
August SOTM - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: August SOTM (/showthread.php?tid=38110)

August SOTM - Theo Pryce - 09-06-2020

Please vote in the poll and then respond with why you made that selection.

Thank you.

August SOTM - Johnny Legend - 09-06-2020

I voted for Robbie Bourbon.

Andrew Logan is tearing it up... but he beat me and now he's dead to me.

Chris Page won the TV at the end and a feud coming up with Centurion and Ruby.

Charlie Nickles is all over the place and was really my first choice until I read the results on Robbie. The two had a nice feud going into that Warfare match last week.

Robbie beat the Duke twice AND won that rumble in the same night to become first ever unofficial Warfare MVP. No idea what that means, but MVP always means good... sooo.

Everyone besides me is really good on here. So it was pretty hard picking someone.

Also, did someone put me on here as a joke or something!? You sick fucks. I'm making my promos more incoherent now!

August SOTM - Charlie Nickles - 09-06-2020

I picked myself bc I'm a heel irl

August SOTM - Ash Quinn - 09-06-2020

I voted Nickels but it was a tough choice. It came down to him and Robbie. Though I think Charlie's character is all over the place going after title after title , I think right now he is on fire. He needs his ass beat one good time to quash the heat, but I don't know if it will happen soon.

re:August SOTM - Prof. Bobby Bourbon - 09-06-2020

Charlie gets it.

His rps are strong, he has the attention of pretty much every title holder, he's busting his ass putting in segments, and I barely beat him.

*EDIT: besides, I would rather take beating the SOTM than SOTM 😎

August SOTM - Johnny Legend - 09-06-2020

We suppose to count roleplays? I thought that was roleplay of the month was for?

Eh, I'll apply that next time.

re:August SOTM - Prof. Bobby Bourbon - 09-06-2020

Re: Johnny Legend,

Thanks.

Also, your name is there for a reason. We're all here playing on scholarship, every name on the roster as far as I am concerned.

And it's whatever reasoning you want, I suppose.

Also, special nod to Main. A couple of us have not made being X Champ very easy or comfy and he has fielded it. Maybe not SOTM but Gold Glove.

re:August SOTM - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 09-06-2020

Really just a general "who did the best" however you want to apply it. The RPOTM is for people to state what individual RP was the best of the month, but someone could theoretically just write ONE really good RP all month and win that - which would most likely not be enough to win the SOTM over others with high turnout and achievements.

I try to look at everything in totality for SOTM - RPs, activity, wins, accolades, attention from the roster, participation, assisting with segs and writing matches, even. "Have they been a big asset to XWF" is my perspective. "Have they had a stellar month" of wins/losses and quality RPs. That sort of thing.

(09-06-2020, 09:20 AM)Johnny Legend Said: We suppose to count roleplays? I thought that was roleplay of the month was for?

Eh, I'll apply that next time.

re:August SOTM - Madison Dyson - 09-06-2020

Charlie's been a great add to the roster, he gets my vote. Went on a tear with three initial wins, only to lose to Robbie who is always credible. Has been doing well at making an impact, defining his character, and jumping into the mix. Robbie would be a very close second and I only threw it to Charlie because I have a soft spot for newcomers who aren't afraid to make a splash.

re:August SOTM - Miss Fury - 09-06-2020

(09-06-2020, 12:53 PM)Madison Dyson Said: Charlie's been a great add to the roster, he gets my vote. Went on a tear with three initial wins, only to lose to Robbie who is always credible. Has been doing well at making an impact, defining his character, and jumping into the mix. Robbie would be a very close second and I only threw it to Charlie because I have a soft spot for newcomers who aren't afraid to make a splash.

Echo

August SOTM - Thaddeus Duke - 09-06-2020

I mean, I can't not vote for Robbie here.

August SOTM - Thunder Knucklesâ„¢ - 09-06-2020

Charlie made a splash! Only loss is to "Mr. Entertainment" Robbie Bourbon! He has a bright future here in XWF and deserves this nod.

August SOTM - Peter Fn Gilmour - 09-06-2020

i voted page.. yeah real shock there.... but he had a good feud with thaddeus and i cant wait to see whats to come

August SOTM - Centurion - 09-08-2020

I voted for Charlie. Normally I don't like to vote for folks for SOTM right out the gate because we never know if this was just a one month burst of rookie energy, and they may let us down in the proceeding weeks (there is a long list of the "next big RPers" that vanished after a month); however, Charlie gets it not just for his unique character, but for the sheer amount of work he has put in. He's been on both shows, and has been put into pretty high profile stories already.

re:August SOTM - B.O.B. D - 09-08-2020

Charlie for all the stuff everyone else has already said.

re:August SOTM - Jenny Myst - 09-08-2020

I have been very impressed with the crop of new talent (new to me, anyway), as of late. They have burst onto the scene and helped to make some of the best programs we've had here in some time. All of these competitors deserve recognition, but I have to say that right now, one of the OG's is a step above.

Robbie Bourbon is my vote. He not only beat Duke, twice (beating him once is no easy task), but he became and has not defended the Warfare MVP. That is not easy when literally anyone can sign up and bring their best week in and week out.

Logan and Legend, you both have bright futures on the horizon here, just stick with it! You can excel in this place if you stick it out.

Page, you're always consistent, but thats expected.

Charlie Nickles is a VERY close second here, but I just don't think he's done enough.....yet. Always segments, solid rps, contribution on the boards. Charlie is going to be a star here but just hasn't been here long enough to push Robbie out of this spot for me. Def honorable mention, however!

Keep it up Charlie!

August SOTM - Chris Page - 09-08-2020

Went with Robbie on this one. It was between him and Charlie in my eyes. Robbie for the win as he owns the MVP of Warfare and for constantly entertaining. Charlie, well done as well.

August SOTM - Andrew Logan - 09-09-2020

Going to give Bourbon my vote, as I like what he's done lately.

August SOTM - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 09-13-2020

Robbie and Charlie both earned it. Let them split it. They both need to go on a diet anyway and shouldn't have a full meal.

Robbie says he'd rather beat the SOTM than be SOTM, which I can respect. No problem, I'll cast my vote for Charlie then. Charlie has done what I wish every new character would do, and that's just jump right into the action. He's got people talking about him IC and OOC, he's earned a Uni title shot, and he seems to be really good about working with other people and going all in with story and development. Have you guys SEEN this man sell? Have you seen his character development and what the Charlie character is dealing with in his own life/RPs, etc...? And what if every new member had their eye on as much gold as he's had his eye on since his arrival? I like a guy that makes moves.