X-treme Wrestling Federation
Place marker: Last RP of week
A Plan to Conquer - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum:   (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: War Games 2019 RP Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+---- Thread: Place marker: Last RP of week
A Plan to Conquer (/showthread.php?tid=33748)

A Plan to Conquer - Ned Kaye - 05-25-2019

In his gym, no longer worn or dimly lit, Ned Kaye is spotted performing hanging sit ups, a messy combination of televisions and notes across from him. Each screen shows a different member of Team Notorious in a match, Ned's face focused on absorbing the information through the aching muscles. His sharp breaths are heard with each lift, sweat covering his body.

"Are you sure this is effective training?"

The camera twists, showing Ethan sitting at a table covered end-to-end with an assortment of foods, many still steaming. Ethan brings a forkfull of roasted chicken into his mouth. Ned's words are clear, but strained.

"Absolutely. I need to... keep intense focus even through... pain."

"Uh-huh. And when are your guests supposed to swing by?"

"Preferably," Ned adjusts himself off of the bar, "within the next five minutes."

He grabs a towel, wiping the sweat of off himself.

"Do you think you're all gonna get along?"

"I wouldn't have drafted someone I expected to condescend on the rest of my team. Unlike some."

Kaye gives a sly smirk towards Ethan who lets out a short chuckle. They both go quiet as they hear the door open, heads twisting to see Mastermind stepping into the gym.

"Welcome, Mastermind, feel free to help yourself to any food that catches your eye."

Ned extends his arm for a handshake.

"It's good to see you here."

Mastermind looks at Ned's outstretched hand, smirks his infamous smirks, and shakes Neds hand.

"There's not many people I respect in the XWF, and it takes a while for me to trust certain individuals, but I can honestly say I have your back, providing, and I mean this, you don't screw me over."

Ned nods, turning to the door as Luna makes her way, not acknowledging the two much.

"I won't betray your trust, Mastermind."

All of a sudden, Edward bursts through the door, followed by his recognizable manager, Lord Thurston. Edward immediately goes for the food, scarfing down large plates in mere seconds.

"Well, we better get started."

===================

Lord Thurston: “EDWARD! What do you think you’re doing?”

EDWARD: “EDWARD JUST TALKING TO NED!”

Lord Thurston: “No! You’re fraternizing with the enemy!”

A look of confusion falls over Edward as he doesn’t understand the word fraternizing or what Lord Thurston means by “The enemy”.

EDWARD: “NED NOT ENEMY. NED TEAM CAPTAIN.”

Lord Thurston: “Yes, for this one event, but after that, all of your teammates are nothing more than potential opponents standing between you and the title of “strongest warrior”, or does Edward not care about his shinny anymore?”

EDWARD: “EDWARD WANT ALL THE SHINNY! EDWARD STRONGEST WARRIOR OF ALL!”

At this point, it seems as if Ned has heard enough.

Ned Kaye: “Okay, hold up a second.”

Lord Thurston: “No, you “hold up” Ned. I entered Edward into War Games so that he could display his unique talents in front of a larger audience. I didn’t enter him so that you and these other miscreants could distract him from the task at hand.

Ned Kaye: “Listen, we were just…”

Lord Thurston: “I know full well what you were doing Mr. Kaye, and I don’t appreciate it at all. Just because you’ve been named team captain doesn’t mean that I’ll stand by and allow you to interfere with my managing style!”

Ned Kaye: Listen carefully and listen well, Thurston: I did not draft you. If anything I saw you for the snake you are as soon as you entered Edward's world, but I sat by to be amicable. I am not going to bow to your exploitative desires to undermine my teammates, Edward included! He does not need you. I do not need you. Don't you dare confuse that.

Lord Thurston glares at Ned, but ultimately decides to walk away from the confrontation. He places his arm around Edwards shoulders like that of a good friend, and leads him off to a secluded area away from the rest of the team.

EDWARD: “EDWARD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU FIGHT WITH NED?”

Lord Thurston: “Listen my boy, I know that they seem friendly, but that’s only because you have something that they need. Once the match at War Games is over, any of them are likely to stab you in the back if they think that it can somehow further their own careers. Especially Mr. Kaye. Recently, he was afforded the chance to sample life at the top, but he failed to break through the glass ceiling, and because of this, he’s the least trustworthy of the lot. Just remember Edward, we can play nice for now, but we aren’t here to make friends. We’re here to prove that you are truly the strongest and bravest warrior in the XWF.”

EDWARD: “EDWARD STRONGEST WARRIOR IN THE WORLD, NOT JUST XWF!”

Lord Thurston: “Very true, but tell me, before you were the strongest warrior in your tribe, what did you want more than anything?”

EDWARD: “TO BEAT STRONGEST WARRIOR SO EDWARD WOULD BE STRONGEST.”

Lord Thurston: “Exactly! So, is Edward really the strongest, or is Ned Kaye?”

EDWARD: “EDWARD STRONGEST!”

Lord Thurston: “Yes, yes you are. So, if you’re the strongest, what do you think Ned, or Duke, or Mastermind, or even Luna see when they look at you?”

Edwards shrugs, which causes Lord Thurston to sigh.

Lord Thurston: “They see their chance to take your place as strongest Edward.”

EDWARD: “BUT THEY NOT CHALLENGE EDWARD TO FIGHT. THEY JUST TALK.”

Lord Thurston: “That’s what they do Edward. “Warriors” here in the XWF aren’t always as direct with their ambitions as you are my boy. Far too often, they rely on trickery and underhanded tactics to further their position in the company. So just remember, even when someone acts like a friend, they are always to be considered an enemy.”

EDWARD: “ARE YOU ENEMY TOO?”

Lord Thurston snickers to himself as he twirls his long mustache. Okay, not really, but I mean, come on EDWARD!!!

Lord Thurston: “Of course not my boy! As a matter of fact, I’m the only person to whom you can trust. After all, I’d never pass myself off as a warrior, much less the strongest. Instead, I’d rather use my vast resources to ensure that you are given the opportunity to prove yourself.”

EDWARD: “EDWARD ALREADY PROVEN SELF TO BE STRONGEST.”

Lord Thurston: In your tribe sure, but not to the world. That’s why I’m here Edward, and when we’re finished, there will be no one who could possibly attempt to deny your strength! So from now on, stick close to me and don’t let these people try to lure you in with their false hospitality. The less that we conversate with any of them, the better.”

EDWARD: “BUT NED WANT TO TALK STRATEGY FOR MATCH.”

Lord Thurston: “The fact that he wants to discuss a strategy just proves who weak he truly is. Look at who you’re facing Edward. Do you really think that a strategy beyond “win” is required? The captain, Big D. It wasn’t that long ago that you faced off against one another. Remind me, how did that go again?”

EDWARD: “EDWARD CRUSH!”

A smirk forms on Thurstons face.

Lord Thurston: “Yes, and the rest of the team? Nothing more than a gaggle of geese following his lead. Do you think Peter Gilmour is a threat to your superiority? How about War Pig or Rain? No! Of course not! Peter Gilmour is the biggest wash out in the XWF!”

EDWARD: “WHAT THAT MEAN?”

Lord Thurston: “It means that he’s hardly a threat to anymore who doesn’t show up to a match blindfolded with both arms tied behind their back, and that pretty much describes the entire team. War Pig has never really done anything of note. Sure, he’s fell into a title here and there, but much like Mr. Gilmour, his reigns tend to leave much to be desired. Oh, and of course there’s Rain, a “guy” who would rather release video evidence of his incest relationship with his sister than take any match seriously. It speaks volumes about the guy, and if that’s all I knew about him, it would be enough for me to write him off as a non threat, but unfortunately for me, I know far more… Far far more than I would even care to mention. I’ll just say, Rain has always proven himself to be more of an attention whore than any sort of competitor. The point is, nobody on that team is any kind of threat to you Edward, no one!”

EDWARD: “WHAT ABOUT THE GIRL?”

Lord Thurston: “What about her? Didn’t you tell me that women can’t be warriors?”

Edward seems ashamed as he winces slightly while searching for the words.

EDWARD: “EDWARD MAYBE SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY NOW.”

Lord Thurston: “Does this have anything to do with that girl you were fraternizing with the other day?”

Edward shys away from the question, telling Lord Thurston all he needs to know.

Lord Thurston: “See! This is exactly what I’m trying to warn you against Edward! For all we know, that Vita Valenteen is working with Ms. Lacklan and purposely trying to get in your head! Women can’t be warriors, you’ve said it yourself! So don’t allow her to use sweet words to change your mind!”

EDWARD: “OH IT NOT SWEET WORDS. SHE KICK EDWARD PRETTY HARD AND MAKE HEAD HURT ALL DAY.”

Lord Thurston pauses for a moment as he conjures up a reply.

Lord Thurston: “Even if Ms. Lacklan is a capable warrior, you’re still the strongest, correct?”

EDWARD: “YES! EDWARD STRONGEST!”

Lord Thurston: “Okay then, well if you’re the strongest then she shouldn’t be any problem right?”

EDWARD: “...”

EDWARD: “RIGHT!”

Lord Thurston: “Right… Besides, they have one talent that might be capable to making a difference. Team EDWARD has…

EDWARD: “IT NOT EDWARD TEAM!”

Lord Thurston: “Yes, I know, but it should be and I refuse to refer to it as Team Ned. So, Team Edward has you of course, and you’re the strongest, but we also have some solid teammates to help you along. Ned Kaye, as much as I hate to admit it, he didn’t get that opportunity at the Universal Championship for no reason. He received it because he has forced people to take notice of his talent. He may not be the strongest, but he will make a fine footsoldier to ensure that Team Edward walks out of War Games victorious. The same can be said for the rest of the team as well. MasterMind just came off of a mildly impressive Xtreme Title reign, Thaddeus Duke is well regarded as a solid mid tier talent who has had a few title reigns himself, and Luna Hightower… Well four out of five isn’t too bad I suppose... “

Ned Kaye: “Edward, come on over here, we’re about begin filming!”

Lord Thurston: “Stay close to me my boy and don’t speak.”

EDWARD: “BUT EDWARD THOUGHT HE HAD TO TALK ABOUT MATCH?”

Lord Thurston: “Normally yes, but in this case, we’re only required to be in attendance, and I see no reason for us to invite attention to ourselves. Let these buffoons pull all of the agro and we’ll go virtually unnoticed up until you win it all my boy!”

Edward nods and follows Lord Thurston over to the rest of the group.

===================

Ned stands in front of a whiteboard with a drawing of the iconic War Games set-up, with small portraits of Team Big D to it's side.

"Alright, we're going to need a game plan and I believe I have one that will tear their team apart from within: not eliminating Rain immediately."

"EDWARD NOT UNDERSTAND! WHY NOT BEAT WEAK MAN FIRST?"

"What the fuck bullshit kind of theory is that? He's instant mincemeat."

"Look, look, I get it. Rain's an incredibly easy target and giving them the extra body isn't ideal, but having him there for longer works out for us incredibly well. He already has the ire of Lacklan and Gilmour, the two biggest threats of Team D. If we keep Rain in for as long as possible, they're not operating on all cylinders and we have a chance to end the match faster. Besides, the chances of Rain keeping his eyes away from his sister long enough to contend with any of us is unlikely."

"Now, to care of Big D, we have Edward and Luna. Luna, you've worked along side him, so you likely have some insight into his basic strategies. And Edward, he hasn't been able to deal with you effectively without John Black."

"EDWARD CRUSHED BIG D ALREADY! EDWARD PROVEN STRONGER WARRIOR!"

"What he is trying to say is that he is prepared to handle Big D and anyone else that's placed in front of him."

With a careful pause, Ned nods his head.

"Of course. Edward isn't one to lose to already defeated opponent. Thankfully, we have our baseline strategy down pat: to exploit the chaos of Team Big D. They might seem united on the surface, but their personal vendettas can and will be exploited. And hell, even if they can't, we're a stronger team, regardless."

The scene fades out, the team going over their plans as Ned draws on the whiteboard.

===================

The team stands in a formation befitting that of a superhero team. At the center of the frame stands The Notorious One, alongside his soldiers.

"War Games is coming. And with it a chance for old guards and new to clash in the most intense match type known to wrestling. Team Notorious has planned, has cooperated, has pressed its all into a team effort that can outlast anything Daniel's team can toss our way. We are strong divided and undefeatable united. And will take no less than an act of God to break our spirits apart. Sunday is the clash of egotism and humility. Of respect and the desire to hold the spotlight. We wouldn't break apart if faced by the Apex Prophecy or any team at War Games. We shall fight. And we shall be both Notorious and victorious. See you at War Games, Daniel."

With their pose held, the screen cuts to black after showing a full shot of Team Notorious.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
EVERYONE IN TEAM NOTORIOUS WHO ISN'T ME WHO PUT UP WITH MY BUSY SCHEDULE