X-treme Wrestling Federation
XWF Creative Department - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: XWF Creative Department (/showthread.php?tid=33136)

XWF Creative Department - Darius Xavier - 04-03-2019

Hello Everyone,

The XWF has "hired" a new General Manager whose title will be Director of Creative Control. This individual will for the time being remain nameless and without an on screen presence. All of his work will be done behind the scenes to help improve the content of our shows but rather than me telling you what this person will do allow me to share a small write up from him:

Quote:We’d like to put an emphasis on telling stories within the shows and not just running a string of matches each show. We feel this is a good way to offer exposure and pushes aside from when they run up a win streak, and they will always be welcome to pitch ideas or collaborate on what’s happening with their characters.
Bear in mind if they choose not to participate that’s totally fine, but they will run the risk of being a background character or seeing themselves say or do things they don’t think are 100% what they want and we’re going to say “sorry, roll with it in your RPs and be creative”. It’s a growing process for everyone, but we will never try to bury any of them or make them do anything horrifically out of character, and reach out when heavy dialog may be needed from them.

This new GM is going to start this process on Savage first, starting with this week's results and then start working on Warfare with the goal of trying to add story and content to all of our shows. We ask that each of you sit back and allow this GM a little room to work some things out and get the ball rolling. If you see anything that really upsets or offends you please reach out to Vinnie or me and we will work with you and the GM to correct things but I truly do not anticipate that being an issue. The reason we brought this person on board specifically is his ability to recognize the bigger picture, tell stories and identify character traits worth exploring further through segments and dialogue. I hope after reading this you are as excited as I am for what awaits.

Thank you.

XWF Creative Department - Corey Smith - 04-03-2019

I'm already planning things, can we get in touch with the person to relay that?

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of people making up storylines for my character. I already have things I want to do, I just need to get the ball rolling with other parties.

XWF Creative Department - Dolly Waters - 04-03-2019

Jk I luv all dis

XWF Creative Department - GenevieveTate - 04-03-2019

I could use some creative direction, lets chitty chat! I have ideas, but I want to make sure they are feasible, yanno?

XWF Creative Department - Deacon - 04-04-2019

Sign me up.

re:XWF Creative Department - Darius Xavier - 04-04-2019

(04-03-2019, 06:19 PM)Lux Said: I'm already planning things, can we get in touch with the person to relay that?

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of people making up storylines for my character. I already have things I want to do, I just need to get the ball rolling with other parties.

You can PM Vinnie and I.

To clarify we aren't looking to create storylines or making major decisions for your characters.

XWF Creative Department - Noah Jackson - 04-04-2019

Sounds fun.

XWF Creative Department - Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-04-2019

im in

XWF Creative Department - Kid Kool - 04-05-2019

I can totally dig it. Sign me up, el capitan!! XD

XWF Creative Department - Ned Kaye - 04-05-2019

Alright. Sounds good.

XWF Creative Department - Jake Avery - 04-05-2019

Shit. I'm all for this.

XWF Creative Department - EDWARD THE GREAT - 04-06-2019

THIS HELP EDWARD GET MORE SHINNYS?

XWF Creative Department - Corey Smith - 04-07-2019

If what you guys did this past Savage (the Steve Sayors stuf) is indicative of what you're talking about I think it's great and I'm all for it.

re:XWF Creative Department - Darius Xavier - 04-07-2019

(04-07-2019, 08:27 AM)Lux Said: If what you guys did this past Savage (the Steve Sayors stuf) is indicative of what you're talking about I think it's great and I'm all for it.

Yep that was certainly part of it.

XWF Creative Department - Apocalypse - 04-08-2019

I'm down.