X-treme Wrestling Federation
The Best of the British! - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The Best of the British! (/showthread.php?tid=2331)

The Best of the British! - Chris MacBeth - 04-17-2013

Ok,ok so the title of the thread may have been slightly misleading however..

I have spoken to a couple of fellow Brits that are around here in the XWF and was wondering how many more of us handlers are British??

Hmm I wonder.

Taps chin deep in thought

The Best of the British! - Sweet Cheapshots - 04-17-2013

Not British, but love Monty Python if that counts. Smile

The Best of the British! - IntemporaliterScelestus - 04-17-2013

Not British but I love Doctor Who.

The Best of the British! - John Samuels - 04-17-2013

Not British but I love Austin Powers.

The Best of the British! - Mr. Rockwell - 04-17-2013

Not British but I love Mr. Bean.

RE: The Best of the British! - Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-17-2013

not british but I love Black Sabbath

The Best of the British! - KnightMask - 04-17-2013

The white side of my family, my dad's side, can't make up their minds if their British or Scottish. I guess they were Scots that moved to Britain or something. Well, actually, my Dad's half-Czech, but the non Czech side...I hear British, then I hear Scottish.

However, Iron Maiden is British. And you guys, with some help from Steppen Wolf, got metal off to a good start. America probably helped to screw it up. Sorry.

The Best of the British! - Slickster - 04-17-2013

You know that Scotland is part of Great Britain or the United Kingdom, right?

The Best of the British! - KnightMask - 04-17-2013

Not for Mel Gibson!

No, but you know, I meant English. Many apologies.

RE: The Best of the British! - Chris MacBeth - 04-17-2013

(04-17-2013, 04:23 PM)Peter Gilmour Said: not british but I love Black Sabbath

Even though I love all of the great British entertainment everyone has mentioned. This one is by far the best response to this thread.

The Best of the British! - Steve "KingSlayer" Davids - 04-17-2013

I'm actually British, and have no witty or funny response either.

The Best of the British! - Neonero - 04-18-2013

I'm English, never refer to myself as 'British', one of my biggest irks to be honest.

Britain's not a country it's an island. The union Jack is a relic from the days of imperialism and slavery. I spent 6 months living in Scotland once, and for all the similarities to England, they have different ways. Lots in Scotland want to be independent again. Most of Ireland refuses to be part of the UK because they are smart enough to know all that means is 'ruled from Westminster', and when most people in the world say 'British' they actually mean 'English'. The Olympics were a joke with 'Team GBR', I didn't cheer for anyone on principle.

Don't even get me started on flag wavers in the Falklands...

RE: The Best of the British! - Chris MacBeth - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 12:40 AM)Neonero Said: I'm English, never refer to myself as 'British', one of my biggest irks to be honest.

Britain's not a country it's an island. The union Jack is a relic from the days of imperialism and slavery. I spent 6 months living in Scotland once, and for all the similarities to England, they have different ways. Lots in Scotland want to be independent again. Most of Ireland refuses to be part of the UK because they are smart enough to know all that means is 'ruled from Westminster', and when most people in the world say 'British' they actually mean 'English'. The Olympics were a joke with 'Team GBR', I didn't cheer for anyone on principle.

Don't even get me started on flag wavers in the Falklands...

I also class myself as English over British but for this thread I wasn't just asking who was English and rather than list each individual country separately I though it would make more sense to use the banner. British.

The Best of the British! - Neonero - 04-18-2013

Difference is I dont consider myself British at all lol.

I often find myself using the word 'British' by faux pas, its so ingrained in pop culture. I've given up explaining it to foreign friends.

RE: The Best of the British! - IntemporaliterScelestus - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 05:14 AM)Neonero Said: Difference is I dont consider myself British at all lol.

I often find myself using the word 'British' by faux pas, its so ingrained in pop culture. I've given up explaining it to foreign friends.

Weird Brits...